Black ferrule

kiinstructor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have a black ferrule. I have a cue repair and the ferrule is cracked. I have tons of brown but never has a need for black. She uses it on her playing cue. You figure. Anyway appreciate any help. Thanks and happy holidays everyone.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Anyone have a black ferrule. I have a cue repair and the ferrule is cracked. I have tons of brown but never has a need for black. She uses it on her playing cue. You figure. Anyway appreciate any help. Thanks and happy holidays everyone.

I'll mail you one, black juma if that's alright

akaminski

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree with black juma..... I can also send a ferrules worth if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member

Only question, was it black phenolic, or black**any kinda material**?
Black phenolic ferrule will hit different than black juma or any type of black plastic ferrule material.
If you need black phenolic, I may have a piece or two too help.

Dave

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
I ordered some black ones from here:

http://www.cuesight.com/stqpbf.html

They are made of plastic. Does anyone have any comment about these? I haven't had them put on yet. Does anyone see a problem with these ferrules?

I saw this shortly after it was posted.
I was going to respond but then thought; "Nah, it's the Holidays".
Well, that was yesterday and that Holiday is over and the guy still wants an opinion.
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

To This Particular Poster: "Get_A_Grip",

CMs & C-Tecs generally have a variety and ample supply of good/decent ferrules.
They install them regularly as part of their function and in the process have learned
what makes for a good/decent ferrule (mtrl).
A good installer will ask what you like regarding 'hit' and make his selection accordingly.
This is their trade, this is how they make their living and most generally know what they're doing.
There are some that would NOT install the ferrule(s) you've selected and I'd be amongst them.
Simply stated Sir, that ferrule you've selected isn't worthy of the cheapest cue made.
Find a CM or C-Tec that you can relate with and discuss this with them. Get their opinions.
Make an informed decision, it's an important aspect of your cue. Better 'black' can be had.

HTHs, KJ

kiinstructor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heres the deal. The cue is some kinda of walmart special with the engraved butt. The shaft is short maybe 27 inches and made of ramin wood. Baically a piece of junk. But she is a friend and takes pride in her cue. The ferrule seems to be something that someone else installed as I dont think the cue came that way. Im just trying to do her a favor. Thats all. I just need something black and machinable so I can fix the cue for her. Happy Holidays and appreciate the help and opinions.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
I would then suggest that you take Dave up on his offer.
Sounds like a grand solution.

KJ

DanO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even if the cue is junk now doesn't mean it needs to stay junk. A good ferrule and tip will make a world of difference. Plus it will give you valuable information if you decide to work on a cue worth fixing.

First thing I noticed on your plastic ferrule is it is already finished to Ø13mm. Besides being plastic this may be a problem machining flush to the shaft if the tennon is off center. Not saying it is but if this cue is what you say it is, it probably is.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
CMs & C-Tecs generally have a variety and ample supply of good/decent ferrules.
They install them regularly as part of their function and in the process have learned
what makes for a good/decent ferrule (mtrl).
A good installer will ask what you like regarding 'hit' and make his selection accordingly.
This is their trade, this is how they make their living and most generally know what they're doing.
There are some that would NOT install the ferrule(s) you've selected and I'd be amongst them.
Simply stated Sir, that ferrule you've selected isn't worthy of the cheapest cue made.
Find a CM or C-Tec that you can relate with and discuss this with them. Get their opinions.
Make an informed decision, it's an important aspect of your cue. Better 'black' can be had.

HTHs, KJ
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking that the plastic ones were "cheap" and would not hold up.

It sounds like black ferrules made of Juma material are a possibility, but where can they be purchased? Does anyone know?