Cue deal problem.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There already is a policy. The policy with private sellers selling anything anywhere is that unless otherwise stated the sale is final unless the item was misrepresented.

Guess I meant to say make it real clear the buyer understands. People do not read.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Guess I meant to say make it real clear the buyer understands. People do not read.

I may not have been clear either. Everybody--everybody--already knows that the policy with private sellers selling anything anywhere is that sales are final unless the item was misrepresented. There is no reason to state that policy because everybody knows that that is the policy. The only thing that needs to be stated is any changes to that policy.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I may not have been clear either. Everybody--everybody--already knows that the policy with private sellers selling anything anywhere is that sales are final unless the item was misrepresented. There is no reason to state that policy because everybody knows that that is the policy. The only thing that needs to be stated is any changes to that policy.

how can you say with such absolute certainty that "everybody" knows what the unwritten policy about this is?

As you can see already in this thread there are some sellers whose policies differ greatly.

best,
brian kc

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
As you can see already in this thread there are some sellers whose policies differ greatly.

They know what the understood default policy is with private party sellers just like everybody else does. The fact that they choose to offer a more generous policy doesn't change that.

Are you really trying to tell me that you or anybody else expects that they have the right to undo a deal with a private party and get a refund for any reason they want to if the item was not misrepresented? Nobody believes that.

minh2015

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am the buyer of this cue and the current shady buyer that a few of you assumed.
Mr. John had misrepresent the cue on where it is important to me.
Before buying the cue I asked about the weight of butt and shaft, Mr. John said he doesn't have a scale. So I asked about the balance point, he said it's forward balance. When I got the cue, I immediately know it's butt heavy. The shafts are 3.3oz each and the butt is 16.7oz. Tell me with this cue specs would be forward balance ???
Second, I said I'd only shot predator shafts, I asked Mr. John how is deflection compare to predator. He said deflection is even better than predator. Well, many can argue, but to me, my predator z3 had a lot lower deflection than the Meucci Pro. I only took about 10 shots with Mr. John's cue the whole time when it was in my procession.
When I texted Mr. John and asked to return the cue within 2 hours after I recieved the cue, I politely said "it's not what I am used to" and like to return it. But I should of said: HEY JOHN, YOU LIED TO ME!
And I politely offered to cover shipping both ways, Mr. John won't have anything to loose. But instead Mr. John replied "you should have asked if it was returnable before complete the transaction. Sorry..".
I think you should put in your for sale ad that this is a NONReturnable sale. This action triggered my dispute with paypal, and it is the only way to get result.
Any way John, I don't want to make the matter worst. I'd shipped the cue back the next day and provided you the tracking numbers shipped insured. It will be exactly the same condition as it came.
We learn some every day.
Feel free to contact me any time.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. Always 2 sides of the story and a good lesson indeed. Sellers must be totally clear on terms up front....and know what they are selling:groucho:

Have a great Holiday weekend and for all those on East Coast my Prayers are with you and your loved ones.

-Kat,

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am the buyer of this cue and the current shady buyer that a few of you assumed.
Before buying the cue I asked about the weight of butt and shaft, Mr. John said he doesn't have a scale. So I asked about the balance point, he said it's forward balance. When I got the cue, I immediately know it's butt heavy. The shafts are 3.3oz each and the butt is 16.7oz. Tell me with this cue specs would be forward balance ???
Second, I said I'd only shot predator shafts, I asked Mr. John how is deflection compare to predator. He said deflection is even better than predator. Well, many can argue, but to me, my predator z3 had a lot lower deflection than the Meucci Pro. I only took about 10 shots with Mr. John's cue the whole time when it was in my procession.
When I texted Mr. John and asked to return the cue within 2 hours after I recieved the cue, I politely said "it's not what I am used to" and like to return it. But I should of said: HEY JOHN, YOU LIED TO ME!
And I politely offered to cover shipping both ways, Mr. John won't have anything to loose. But instead Mr. John replied "you should have asked if it was returnable before complete the transaction. Sorry..".
I think you should put in your for sale ad that this is a NONReturnable sale. This action triggered my dispute with paypal, and it is the only way to get result.
Any way John, I don't want to make the matter worst. I'd shipped the cue back the next day and provided you the tracking numbers shipped insured. It will be exactly the same condition as it came.
We learn some every day.

Did you say which Predator you were comparing it to? According to the Meucci website, the pro shaft is equivalent to the Z2. http://meuccicues.com/meuccishafts.html

Did you ask what the balance point was? To me, forward-balanced and rear-balanced are unclear terms, whereas the balance point is objective and easy to determine.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always allow returns for whatever reason. It becomes a pissing match if you dont.

I make the buyer pay shipping both ways, so he has to feel a little pain too.

I once sold a cue and 2-3 months later he wanted to return a cue, I said no.

Ken

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We learn some every day.

Dude, your name was never mentioned here out of respect to you. But since you decided to reply with calling me a liar.....I was simply asking the forums opinion if it was ok for someone to return a cue because they didn't like it. You never told me in your text you had a problem with it when you asked if i took returns. It was only a few hours later when you filed a dispute that you even mentioned the problems.

In your response to calling me a liar in a public forum, that wasn't very nice. I do have the saved copies of our texts and PM's if you are going to call me a liar and these are your exact quotes

Problem 1: Deflection. You never asked this. AFTER the sale and shipment of the cue, you texted me you were worried if it would be a big transition from a Predator.. That was your question. SO, NOW A HALF HOUR LATER YOU WERE ALREADY CRAWFISHING. My EXACT reply....IMO The Pro shafts play better. The deflection is the same or better. I volunteered my opinion on deflection, you didn't ask.
Yes, that is my personal opinion from playing with the cue and also watching what Meucci says about his low deflection shafts. It was not a attempt to deceive you because i never knew what deflection you wanted, just stating my opinion in a text conversation after the sale and shipment.

Problem 2: The weight forward issue. You asked me what the balance point was. I said i didn't know. I never measured it. But it feels weight forward to me.

I didn't know you were looking for a weight forward cue. You only asked the balance point. Well i guess i knew thats what you were looking for when you filed the dispute...lol I don't even know if the cue is weight forward now as i haven't gotten it back yet to measure the balance point. What is the balance point? Did you even measure it? Or again you simply didn't like it.. right?

All you had to do is tell me you had problems with my description of the cue. You never did. You just filed a dispute.

Your exact text to me " I was able to get home and get the cue. Everything look fine. However the cue is so much different than what i am used to. I don't think will lime it. I wonder if you would accept return. I will cover shippings both ways.

After i told you "I'm glad everythings fine, I don't feel right offering a return " you said

"Hmm....I thought i was being fair but Well no biggie. Thanks for the deal anyway."

A hour later you filed the PP dispute with the problems listed. That was the part me and a few other people thought was shady. Your actions coming on hear and calling me a liar after I offered a full refund aren't helping my opinion.

I do regret after i said i didn't feel right about offering a refund you felt you had no other recourse than to file a dispute. All you had to do was text me back and tell me you had these problems in the dispute.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always allow returns for whatever reason. It becomes a pissing match if you dont.

I make the buyer pay shipping both ways, so he has to feel a little pain too.

I once sold a cue and 2-3 months later he wanted to return a cue, I said no.

Ken

And this of course is what i was trying to avoid by offering a refund, a full refund at that. Now I'm having to defend myself...lol Oh well.. Lesson learned

Pierce24

Registered
OP, you are more than accommodating to the buyer. Starting a claim on you was pretty low. Sounds like you did everything right, he just didn't like it. You shouldn't be out anything. Just my.02

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
OP, you are more than accommodating to the buyer. Starting a claim on you was pretty low. Sounds like you did everything right, he just didn't like it. You shouldn't be out anything. Just my.02

I agree with you. As far as I am concerned when you buy something from a private seller, non-dealer, the buyer assumes all responsibility. The only way money should be refunded is if the cue is scratched or warped etc.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
We learn some every day.

If a person bought a used cue from a private seller who is not a cue dealer it is extremely crappy and a real low life move to return it because "you dont like the way it feels". It is even worse if the buyer starts a PP claim against the seller. I would not want to ship my cues around the country so people can try them out and see if they like them or not, it costs the seller time and money to do this, the seller is not Santa Claus. The hit and feel of a cue is so subjective that the only way people who are looking for a certain feel should buy one is in person where they can try it before purchase, not by looking for a bargain on the interweb then beating the seller down on price even more. Luckily in my field I do not have to tolerate people like this, I can show them the door and send them on their way. There are people out there that no matter what you do they will never be pleased.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue is awful with those specs.......folks have come to know me being fussy about my cues.

I believe shafts that are at least 20% of the total weight play better.
I actually prefer my cue's shafts to be slightly heavier (21% - 23%).
Example: cue butt weight 14.5 ounces & shaft weight 4.0 ounces.

The heavier the shaft, the better & obviously size & taper are factors.
I base this on shafts being between 12.75mm & 13mm & ivory ferrules.
Ivory weighs a little more than resin ferrules, plus I also think it plays better.

Keep in mind there isn't any metal in the joint of my cues other than the
connecting screw & all of screws are big pin titanium steel or brass.
All my ivory joint cue butts weighs 14.5 ozs, except the Prewitt (14.6).

The balance of the cue is largely influenced by the proportionality of the weight of the shafts & the
cue butt, Cue-makers that shove a heavy bolt in the ass of a cue do that so that they can make it
weigh what the customer wants. Remove the bolt and see what you actually have but with shafts
that light, I'd walk away from the deal. This is just my opinion but my cues really play amazing.

Last edited:

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought about trying sell a couple cues on here but because of issue like this I won't. Personally I would want the buyer to be happy. If they are not satisfied and especially that day or the next tell me they want to return it. Absolutely I would. These are pool cues players are buying with nothing more than a picture and a despription. Even if everything matches the buyer didn't get to physically see or touch the cue. I have bought a couple cues on here. I was worried each time but they each worked out. If they didn't I would hope the seller would have allowed a return.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe someone could write up a nice disclaimer for those who would and won't do returns and it could be copied and pasted at the bottom of each post.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue is awful with those specs.......folks have come to know me being fussy about my cues.

This was Buddy's cue for the last year or so which is a long time for him to play with a cue. So it must not be too awful..He plays with another one with the same Pro shafts right now. I personally felt the cue played really well. It was just too short for me playing one pocket. I'm not a big fan of Meuccis but i don't care what names stamped on a cue as long as it hits the balls good.
As for my transaction with the OP, he turned out to be a good guy. Refunded his money and he even offered after to kick back my shipping which he did. Very nice of him. I got the cue back and sold it the same day to a guy who was watching this thread. So, all's well that ends well in AZ land.. ;)

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not taking any sides here...but if anyone is going to sell cues...invest in a scale and calipers. Now, I'm not an expert on Meucci cues (although I have played with, bought/sold my fair share of these cues older and newer). Meucci cues are not known to be forward balanced cues. If you are a would be buyer contact the Meucci Factory or any authorized reputable dealer and they will be more that happy to discuss the playability of the cue and what makes the hit unique. Meucci cues are not Predator cues and vice versa and their respective companies will tell you that. They will also tell you that they believe their cue is superior to the other. You'll have to make your own decision in that regard.

There have been a few times in my twenty plus years of selling/buying/trading cues that I had purchased a cue and didn't like the hit. In that case I just turned around and sold the cue to another interested party. No one gets hurt and everyone is happy.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

This was Buddy's cue for the last year or so which is a long time for him to play with a cue. So it must not be too awful..He plays with another one with the same Pro shafts right now. I personally felt the cue played really well. It was just too short for me playing one pocket. I'm not a big fan of Meuccis but i don't care what names stamped on a cue as long as it hits the balls good.
As for my transaction with the OP, he turned out to be a good guy. Refunded his money and he even offered after to kick back my shipping which he did. Very nice of him. I got the cue back and sold it the same day to a guy who was watching this thread. So, all's well that ends well in AZ land.. ;)

John,

Important to take something away from this. Two reasonable, intelligent people will usually work things out (unless of course they are married to each other ;)). I realize if you're not buying and selling a bunch of cues, having a return policy is something you might not even consider. Most of us that do would rather avoid this sort of disagreement.

Good luck with your future transactions!

Chris