Tariff's and cue prices....??

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody else noticed the recent price jump in Chinese-built cues? Lucasi, Players and most others have jumped a bunch in last month or so. Lucasi Hybrid shafts are over 300bux now. Wow. The Players sneaky i was looking at went up over 100bux. Are these increases tariff related or just regular increases?

Last edited:

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I bought my Cuetec R360 it was 170EUR.
Now the same cue goes for 230-250EUR.

I guess it's plain old inflation, couple with that chaos Trumpi-Boi does.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody else noticed the recent price jump in Chinese-built cues? Lucasi, Players and most others have jumped a bunch in last month or so. Lucasi Hybrid shafts are over 300bux now. Wow. The Players sneaky i was looking at went up over 100bux. Are these increases tariff related or just regular increases?

Haven't noticed but that's great news for me.

Now I can raise my prices and start selling all the cheap cues I've been hoarding for years.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have notices Players cues gone up in prices a while ago, especially their HXT models. They are up about $20-30 over prices 5 years ago. Which could easily be inflation or just the fact that they are desired as good stuff so prices went up.

I have seen this happen with everything. A headphone I was looking to buy came out, got great reviews and cost about $75-80. I waited a bit then went to buy it, they were sold out in many places and when available were over $100.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does this mean I have to eat at Denny's instead of my favorite Chinese restaurant?

If you fly to China for it, then yes.

Where the money goes matters. My uncle wanted to buy a US made car so he bought a Buick. Then read the country of origin, China LOL

Cheap wins usually over "the right thing". Support US is great, but I bet almost none of us have that many US made products, cars or otherwise. I wanted to buy some US made shirts, $120 vs $40 for those from Vietnam and such. I don't have deep pockets. I think almost every electronic thing you can touch is made in China, or at least from components made in China.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is common pricing strategy for new to the market items to be offered at a low profit margin in order for the product to gain presence, and then to see prices raised as the item becomes established.

Wher did u pepil goe too coledge any ways? Freds Coolidge?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 7FF123F3-B034-4BF0-9E42-FE56EB7225F4.jpg
    7FF123F3-B034-4BF0-9E42-FE56EB7225F4.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 370

oldarpanet

When I bought my Cuetec R360 it was 170EUR.
Now the same cue goes for 230-250EUR.

I guess it's plain old inflation, couple with that chaos Trumpi-Boi does.

Trump's increased tariffs affect products imported from China in to the US.
They have nothing to do with stuff exported from China to Germany.

Also, nearly all U.S. tariffs are "ad valorem", a percentage of the f.o.b. value at the port of export. The percentage does not apply to the cost of shipping, insurance or dealer mark-up.

Does Germany use a V.A.T.? Those are (generally) worse than any US tariff.

(based on 35 or so years in int'l transportation exp. )

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that should affect predator too, right? they're made in the same factory as lucasi, or atleast they used to be. or are they made in taiwan?

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah

I was talking to a guy who likes the way Trump is treating Iran for flexing their muscle
with Atomic bombs and endangering the very existence of the world

He admires our effective use of tariffs and embargoes,restrictions?

I don't see how charging us more for Chinese goods,is punishing the Chinese

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah

I was talking to a guy who likes the way Trump is treating Iran for flexing their muscle
with Atomic bombs and endangering the very existence of the world

He admires our effective use of tariffs and embargoes,restrictions?

I don't see how charging us more for Chinese goods,is punishing the Chinese
Well, it does. https://www.forbes.com/sites/charle...rade-war-hurting-chinas-economy/#4dd786524035 They need us more than we need them. Higher prices will hurt for short term but it will force them to the bargaining table.

Last edited: