Cuetec Cynergy 15k

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To recap what I said on the Revo thread, I always use a black glove so I would not have seen any color transfer. I did a test, wiping the 15K hard with a dry white cloth over a greater length of the shaft than what would have touched the glove and did not get any detectable transfer. i repeated the test with a portion of the same white rag soaked in 91% isopropyl alcohol and did get a slight amount of light grey transfer. After it dried, I repeated the dry rag test and once again got no transfer.

Since I always use the glove I don't plan on cleaning it again unless I get something on it or it starts feeling sticky, same as i do with the wooden shafts.. I suppose it is possible that skin oil/dirt could build up on the shaft if I did not use a glove but I am not going to test that.

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I have received it. I probably need a little more time before giving a more definitive review. However, at this time, I will say that I initially I am very happy.

I am happy with mine, everything I had hoped and expected to be.

I have never changed shafts without needing a lot of playing time to adapt (other than going between 314-2s which have all played an fairly consistent for me). But this Cynergy feels pretty comfortable immediately. For comparison deflection and spin are not identical but similar to my 314-2s. Somewhere between the z and 314-2s.

i was hoping that it would be similar enough to my custom maple shaft and a Viking X2 that I wouldn't have to change my aiming and that seems to be the case.

I'm not a fan of ferrules less than 12.5mm nor dime shaped tips because of unintended spin. I have decent enough stroke that I can usually get the cue where I need it and I prefer control over spin. This tip came shaped way beyond a dime. Looks more like a 12.5mm roller bearing.

Ditto. I ordered mine with a Kamui Black Medium.

It does hit much stiffer than 314-2. And it feels much more like a solid wooden shaft than any low deflection, wooden cue that I've played with. It doesn't have a dead feel to it.

Since moving to LD shafts, I feel like I've given up having that solid hit in order to get LD. For me, Carbon fiber cues have brought back this feel. If anyone has never played for decades on solid wood, it would be difficult to fully understand that.

I use back hand english so I'm not motivated to go with a LD when I can get everything I need out of a solid shaft without much drama.

I also like the long pro taper, but it doesn't play "whippy." Like most pro taper solid wood shafts. So for me it's the best of both worlds. I like not having a taper on my bridge hand, but prefer a little stiffer hit. Also, just like the Revo, it is super slick.

The deflection is very similar to 314-2s, but my pivot point is much longer... maybe 4". That will take some getting used to.

I've also never like black ferrules. So I'm happy to have a white ferrule.

I too was pleased that it was not whippy. I briefly tried out a friend's Revo before buying the 15k and confirmed that I would be happier with the white ferrule. The Revo also had a pingy type of vibration when hitting that made it feel less solid than the 15k. The guy that makes my custom cues said the Revo didn't seem to provide much feedback so I am going to have him try my 15k to see what he thinks.

][cee

Registered
Wood to fiber

After 40yrs with wood, I went for the new Cuetec Cynergy 15K for my Schon (5/16 14).

I was very surprised at how easy it was to become comfortable with the change. The longer taper, white ferrule and lack of squirt made for a significant improvement over the other alternatives. The sound and feel are not much different from standard wood. Maybe this is why comfort came so fast.

I don’t go for fads. Turns out that carbon fiber is not the fad I thought it was. It is simply a better tool similar to what golf did to replace wooden clubs.

First thing I did was have the Sniper tip replaced with the Zan soft. This may be a better tip than the hardness changing Kamui. You’ll need to find an authorized installer perform tip replacements or risk warranty and damage issues.

Fred

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After 40yrs with wood, I went for the new Cuetec Cynergy 15K for my Schon (5/16 14).

I was very surprised at how easy it was to become comfortable with the change. The longer taper, white ferrule and lack of squirt made for a significant improvement over the other alternatives. The sound and feel are not much different from standard wood. Maybe this is why comfort came so fast.

I don’t go for fads. Turns out that carbon fiber is not the fad I thought it was. It is simply a better tool similar to what golf did to replace wooden clubs.

First thing I did was have the Sniper tip replaced with the Zan soft. This may be a better tip than the hardness changing Kamui. You’ll need to find an authorized installer perform tip replacements or risk warranty and damage issues.

Fred

I was not a fan of the Sniper Tip either. I tried 4 tips and went back to my old Cyborg Quick Medium. Truly a great shaft. Love mine. I just recently won a Tiger Cue in a Raffle. So I ordered me another Cynergy to go with it.

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a chance to take a couple of shots with a friends Cynergy the other day.
This thing really can spin the rock effortlessly. I can't compare it to any other CF shaft as I haven't tried any others. He sold his revo and likes this one better. He said he could not get used to the black ferrule or the taper.
I'm hoping to try a few of the other brands and buy one when the prices drop.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I had a chance to take a couple of shots with a friends Cynergy the other day.
This thing really can spin the rock effortlessly. I can't compare it to any other CF shaft as I haven't tried any others. He sold his revo and likes this one better. He said he could not get used to the black ferrule or the taper.
I'm hoping to try a few of the other brands and buy one when the prices drop.

Just got one and I LIKE IT!

Trent from Toledo

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Since it's arrival last week, I have played about 3-5 hours everyday with it. I simply can't put it down. Now, the Sniper tip is well broken in and plays pretty damn good. Was going to change to a milk dud, but I'll put that off. I play it with a Molinari glove, which works great, but I can play equally smooth/well bare-handed (I don't sweat much at all in my hands, and humidity isn't bad at the moment).

This is definitely NOT a fad...CF shafts are definitely an improvement, especially in consistency of hit. And the Cynergy hits great. :)

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since it's arrival last week, I have played about 3-5 hours everyday with it. I simply can't put it down. Now, the Sniper tip is well broken in and plays pretty damn good. Was going to change to a milk dud, but I'll put that off. I play it with a Molinari glove, which works great, but I can play equally smooth/well bare-handed (I don't sweat much at all in my hands, and humidity isn't bad at the moment).

This is definitely NOT a fad...CF shafts are definitely an improvement, especially in consistency of hit. And the Cynergy hits great. :)

Do you play with it on your Gulyassy butt.

I have a Gulyassy PHX butt and shaft, also.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone have this shaft in a 3/8-10 joint, or is it even offered in that joint? If so, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.
Thanks to all.
Joe P

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have this shaft in a 3/8-10 joint, or is it even offered in that joint? If so, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.
Thanks to all.
Joe P
It looks like it's in stock at Seyberts right now for a good price. Out of c.f. shafts it's a good one for this $$. One of my students plays with it in unilock joint and being curious I've tried it too. If you like pretty long straight pro-taper you might like it. It's pretty comfortable with either open or closed bridge allowing to have a good and consistent follow through.
Here are some videos I've made testing this shaft myself and together with my students who are differ when it comes to their age and the skills but all of us had a lot of fun and noticed that for example it is easier to draw the ball.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WUEdkzI8QSE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg6WNUtGar8&t=207s
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJISzNMXufQ&t=32s
I don't think it would play any worse in 3/8-10 joint.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cynergy on 5/16 14 piloted steel joint

Got shaft yesterday-
PLAYS GREAT....
For me,
the very best LD EXPERIENCE.
Ive tried most all-
To me-
plays like an exceptional wood shaft-
very consistent on big table and bar box

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It looks like it's in stock at Seyberts right now for a good price. Out of c.f. shafts it's a good one for this $$. One of my students plays with it in unilock joint and being curious I've tried it too. If you like pretty long straight pro-taper you might like it. It's pretty comfortable with either open or closed bridge allowing to have a good and consistent follow through.
Here are some videos I've made testing this shaft myself and together with my students who are differ when it comes to their age and the skills but all of us had a lot of fun and noticed that for example it is easier to draw the ball.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WUEdkzI8QSE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg6WNUtGar8&t=207s
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJISzNMXufQ&t=32s
I don't think it would play any worse in 3/8-10 joint.

Thank you for the videos my friend. That is a very classy looking establishment as well.
Very best regards. :)
j2

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Thanks to all.
my playing cues are 3/8x10 and I LOVE them

Last edited: