Turning Stone XXXII predictions

skook25

Registered
One of the best run tournaments in the USA in one of the nicest venues is being held this week!! The players list is loaded with world class talent, strong regional talent and a ton of dead money lol. I would realistically say there are about 10 players in this field that could snap it off!! With that being said there are some regional players that could make a deep run in this event and come close. Always a great time up in Turning Stone !!

My prediction is Shaw over Immonen in the finals !!! Let’s hear some thoughts.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't Jason lose to Mika in January at the last TS Classic? (or was that Petri Makkonen??) I think I watched that match.

I'd like to see Jeremy Sossei take it, or Luc Salvas (that guy plays FAST)

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the best run tournaments in the USA in one of the nicest venues is being held this week!! The players list is loaded with world class talent, strong regional talent and a ton of dead money lol. I would realistically say there are about 10 players in this field that could snap it off!! With that being said there are some regional players that could make a deep run in this event and come close. Always a great time up in Turning Stone !!

My prediction is Shaw over Immonen in the finals !!! Let’s hear some thoughts.

Here are some entrants as of last week

Attachments

• tsentries.jpg
    tsentries.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 494

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Didn't Jason lose to Mika in January at the last TS Classic? (or was that Petri Makkonen??) I think I watched that match.

I'd like to see Jeremy Sossei take it, or Luc Salvas (that guy plays FAST)

It was Makkonen that beat Shaw at Turning Stone in January.

Always tough to pick against Shaw at Turning Stone, so I won't.

Sad to say that I'm unable to attend due to family obligations.

Last edited:

skook25

Registered
Salvas -exciting risk taking player that crowd would love to watch but his style just won’t get it done late in tourney against champions
Zvi- he’s been knocking on the door at this event and has the game to get it done !!
Sossei- he also has been there on the final day many times and has the mental focus to win ii

I also forgot about Billy Thorpe who had an early exit last August ..I feel he will be there on Sunday for sure

I’m with you sjm it’s just hard to pick against Shaw right now at TS

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surprised no one picked Shane.
It will be Shaw v Shane final :D
Shaw to win it since he is hard to beat here

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It will be Shaw v Shane final

That's the logical pick for the final but the Joss Tour regulars have a very good track record at Turning Stone. I figure that at least one of them will make a deep run, Sossei, Casanzio or one of the others.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched Luc Salvas play Jennifer Barretta in January. He shot as fast and she shot slow. She made the 9 on the break at least 3 times in a row too. Fun match to watch.

I'm kinda hoping Earl does well too. His is a match that I'll be looking for when I go on Saturday.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll definitely be attending Saturday and late Sunday. I have a brand new hammerhead break tip from Outsville for Dan Dishaw to install. I’m expecting Saturday evening to be full of some really intense action. The field isn’t heavy with a wave of Euro killers that we have seen in the past, but that just means if there is an early draw of two monsters and one of them loses, they will march on through the one loss bracket. I like watching when these players are pushed to grind and perform over and over again...Saturday night is when you see the human element take over. Always exciting.

Did Shaw break Johnny Archers TS win record with the last victory or just tie it?

Either way I’m going out on a limb and seeing Billy Thorpe vs Shaw in the finals.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I watched Luc Salvas play Jennifer Barretta in January. He shot as fast and she shot slow. She made the 9 on the break at least 3 times in a row too. Fun match to watch.

Yup, I was ringside for that one, too. She made three nines on the break in a row but scratched on the third one. Luc, who had racked all three of them, took it all in stride and good sportsmanship was in full display for both players in that one. As you said, it was a fun match to watch.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so for no other reason other than last weekends bout, who's looking forward to seeing a Shaw v Shane finals?

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I keep hoping to see Siming Chen up here.
Don't think she's ever entered.
She certainly could have placed in the top 5.

smt

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I keep hoping to see Siming Chen up here.
Don't think she's ever entered.
She certainly could have placed in the top 5.

smt

Yup, would be nice to watch. Other than Karen Corr, though, who played in many Joss Tour events, I don't recall a WPA #1 ranked woman ever playing at Turning Stone.

And yes, with a Fargo in the 780's, she might well finish top five.

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why so few europeans and asians showing up for TS?
Also what is the rule on jump cues this year?

skook25

Registered
Tomorrow it kicks off guys!!! Let’s not forget about Archer who still has enough gas in the tank as he made the finals last year against SVB and always plays well in this venue!! Yeah it’s funny you don’t see Bergman Woodward Pagulayan or any of the Philippine contingent here like Orcullo and Aranas. Seems like those guys prefer the bar table scene with huge Calcuttas

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Why so few europeans and asians showing up for TS?
Also what is the rule on jump cues this year?

Tomorrow it kicks off guys!!! Let’s not forget about Archer who still has enough gas in the tank as he made the finals last year against SVB and always plays well in this venue!! Yeah it’s funny you don’t see Bergman Woodward Pagulayan or any of the Philippine contingent here like Orcullo and Aranas. Seems like those guys prefer the bar table scene with huge Calcuttas

Entries fill early....players have enquired over the years...to find a huge waiting list.