Shane VanBoening VS: Chang Jung Lin Tomorrow LIVE in Ft Worth Tx

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Come see me and double your money.
I am the best action you could imagine.

I bet, you’ve seen me play on average about once every 2 months over the last few years. There have been a few times when I’ve been in stroke that I would have tried you years ago, but that time certainly isn’t now.

You could have got action with me betting on matches that you were sure the other player was gonna win.

Jason

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
One of the guys I was playing with in Taichung, Taiwan last Saturday night told me there is a big pool tournament coming up in Taichung next week sometime and referred me to some Taiwan Facebook website and he said it would be online.

My phone wasn't working there at the time so I took a picture of the page that he was showing me on his phone and I'll see if I can get it translated and I'll post the info on here. Maybe we'll be able to see the stream and some good pool action.

He told me that all the top Taiwan players would be playing in it.

That should be one hell of a tournament.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To put this in context, in recent Orcollo-Biado match , Orcollo also led Biado by 14 racks (35-21) on Day 1 in race to 100.
This is also 14 racks lead (25-11) after Day 1 but this is race to 50 so this lead is effectively double the Orcollo lead. Biado eventually lost by by only 4 racks.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Jason....
The window wide open for you.
I'm easy to find,

Lmao. So your worker watches tv and doesn’t wait on a customer and now you’re pissed at me?

It’s simple customer service - a customer walks in, you ask them what they need, you don’t keep watching tv, then take a phone call, and then go back to watching tv. I don’t have time for that crap.

Btw, the guy at the counter is a great guy and is always very nice. It just seems customer service is getting worse everywhere you go and I don’t have time to stand around waiting for somebody to get done watching tv.

No wonder you guys hate eachother down there.
Jason

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet, you’ve seen me play on average about once every 2 months over the last few years. There have been a few times when I’ve been in stroke that I would have tried you years ago, but that time certainly isn’t now.

You could have got action with me betting on matches that you were sure the other player was gonna win.

Jason

I can make a game with anybody with heart and bankroll. Thats what handicapping is for.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jung Lin Chang is playing in the event at Bogies in Houston this weekend you guys think the bidding on him in the Calcutta might go Sky High after this match.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lmao. So your worker watches tv and doesn’t wait on a customer and now you’re pissed at me?

It’s simple customer service - a customer walks in, you ask them what they need, you don’t keep watching tv, then take a phone call, and then go back to watching tv. I don’t have time for that crap.

Btw, the guy at the counter is a great guy and is always very nice. It just seems customer service is getting worse everywhere you go and I don’t have time to stand around waiting for somebody to get done watching tv.

No wonder you guys hate eachother down there.
Jason

Nah.
You went both places, got pissy and left.

I'd still play you. Talk shit all you want. You get the 7 out and all the breaks. Or do you just write about pool and throw tantrums?

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah.

I'd still play you. Talk shit all you want. You get the 7 out and all the breaks. Or do you just write about pool and throw tantrums?

He has every right to be pissed if he is being ignored by someone who is supposed to be working but instead are too busy being preoccupied with things that are not part of their job.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Nah.

Great customer service!

Dont worry, I'll be down for that game.
Jason

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Still no audio

Chang leads 2-0. Nice that they have a ring lady. Makes it like one of that UFC fights :D

It's great to see these guys work and get paid. This type of set up/competition did not occur in the past but rarely. Times are ah changin'. It's nice when the best lock horns. One thing I've noticed, and it was at Griffs a couple days before the US Open began. Shane has picked up some, complaining, body manerisms, twitches and facial gives, that were not there in 2017 at the US Open. I hope he's going thru it short term. If he keeps it up, it can't help. He probably needs some balance in his active life, he might be showing signs of needing a good woman.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was SVB high or is somebody getting dumped? Just kidding but this looked pretty strange to me.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Was SVB high or is somebody getting dumped? Just kidding but this looked pretty strange to me.

What was the score? By the way, there is no real money on this match. It's basically an exhibition/"qualifier" where both players are getting paid to participate.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ is back? I had to do a double take, then I went to page one to be sure it was not an old thread.

Welcome back.

M aking
A zbilliards
G reat
A gain.

Got to say it is a good day.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nah.

I know Jason pretty well and he's a great guy and an even better customer. You should want more like him in your pool hall. He's right about one thing. Customer service is at the heart of every successful business. My first rule as a pool room owner for my employees was to not keep people waiting at the counter! If you are busy, acknowledge them and let them know you will be with them shortly. I'm sure you know this too if you've been in business for any period of time.

P.S. Lesson number two for me was "Don't gamble with your customers!" If you beat them out of any money they will not come back! I'd greatly prefer to have someone come in almost every day and spent money in my establishment then someone who I could win a few bucks off of one time and never see again. Of course what do I know. I can't run three balls any more. :smile:

Last edited: