what cue maker or branded marks have the best cost-benefit ratio?

litoxoro

Registered
Hello,

iam not so good to know what cue maker or branded mark cue has the best cost-benefit Ratio?

I know they are cues for more than $2000 on the market, but which of them are in a category like an BMW M3?

I dont Need a Aston Martin (8 Pointers) only for the look i mean who produces for less amount the best playing cue?

Price value max $1000

who are the top notch cue maker.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,

iam not so good to know what cue maker or branded mark cue has the best cost-benefit Ratio?

I know they are cues for more than $2000 on the market, but which of them are in a category like an BMW M3?

I dont Need a Aston Martin (8 Pointers) only for the look i mean who produces for less amount the best playing cue?

Price value max $1000

Buy a Mezz you have the beauty of a custom weather that be fancy or plain and you have many Low Deflection shafts to choose from.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I would invest in some good instructional DVD's, and one hell of a lot of table time. There are no magic Cues, Shafts, or other gizmos.

Most people who are great at something has little to do with equiptment, it skill, and mental game.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would invest in some good instructional DVD's, and one hell of a lot of table time. There are no magic Cues, Shafts, or other gizmos.

Most people who are great at something has little to do with equiptment, it skill, and mental game.

Which is why all good players use bar cues off the wall. You should just answer the question instead of being contrarian for no damn reason.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,

Price value max $1000

Buy any butt you like the looks off and can afford from a known maker (anywhere from McDermott basic lines to whatever), then start trying out different shafts and tips to go with it. Very few players these days buy a cue and stick with the shaft it comes with, which pretty much changes the cue. I've use a $500 shaft with a $80 cue and liked it, and used a $120 shaft on a $1,000 cue and liked that. The key is to get the balance, grip type and hit feel you like.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello,

Price value max $1000

This is a very subjective question so expect a lot of opinions. Here's mine on great customs that can be had for under $1000:

Jeff Olney

Jensen

Pat Diveney

Joss

There certainly are others but these 4 would be my best recommendations. Keep in mind that a non-fancy cue (no inlays or even poss no points) can be had by these makers for $500 or less and will play just as good.

The following are production cues which are also excellent players and can be purchased for under $1000, some can be as low as in the ~$300 range depending on model/shaft.

Pechauer

Mezz

Schon

good luck.

best,
brian kc

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Hello,

Price value max $1000

Buy a Scruggs sneaky Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy

The true Magick wandzzzz .... Is a Dieckman cue ... if you can find one

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simple

Whatever you pay for a SW when you sell it you will get all your $ back and if it is in good condition you will also get a profit.
It is just that simple no current cue being made with the exception of Dennis Searing can get you that.
You will pay more up front but get it all back when selling.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Bob Frey is still alive and he made an awful lot of those Scruggs sneaky's.

Under $500. He even makes what's called a true sneaky model. TS, get it?

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello,

Price value max $1000

Production? Mezz. Custom not withstanding price range...MVP, Dzuricky, Bluegrass, Webb, Joey. Lots of fantastic makers to choose from.
Good luck.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my $.02 here but for the $$ spent you can not find a better cue than a Mezz. Their QC is off the charts and they play great.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would have all of the cue you need with a merry widow from Barnhart, Nitti or Josey.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk