Jb Rugged 4x8 review

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
YOUR A LIAR..You did tuck in my interior and just gave it back to me after 20 seconds, your a real piece of trash to lie like that on here. What blows my mind and should others YOU LITERALLY SAID YOUR CASE IS A DEFECT..how is it so hard to believe others have similar issues? Was it just a few cases? This is not your rebuttal this is just YOU SAVING FACE since you like to make yourself seem like a honest nice genuine guy..YAH NO your a phony, and your cases are everypriced POOP. I don't know anyone who got offered a new interior and doesn't take them up on it then writes a review about you. You messed up John your lying to people here and painting a VERY different picture on what happened.

Last edited:

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Biased I gave your case a shot for a year it and it isn't holding up as good as a 90 dollar vincitore case. Your mad because I think your case is overpriced and falling apart? Your mad because I think Castillo are better quality and better customer service? These all seem like personal problems. Who the hell are you to say who's review is legit and what is biased? Biased would be knocking your case without trying or dealing with you. I have done both and you suck as a salesman and your people skills are awful. If you want to attack my character and what I know about a quality case go ahead your just making yourself seem like an ignorant fool. You act because you make cases your the only ones who opinion matters..ugh no John everyone's opinion matters instead of bashing people listen and try to improve don't call former customers liars and discredit them..

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Biased I gave your case a shot for a year it and it isn't holding up as good as a 90 dollar vincitore case. Your mad because I think your case is overpriced and falling apart? Your mad because I think Castillo are better quality and better customer service? These all seem like personal problems. Who the hell are you to say who's review is legit and what is biased? Biased would be knocking your case without trying or dealing with you. I have done both and you suck as a salesman and your people skills are awful. If you want to attack my character and what I know about a quality case go ahead your just making yourself seem like an ignorant fool. You act because you make cases your the only ones who opinion matters..ugh no John everyone's opinion matters instead of bashing people listen and try to improve don't call former customers liars and discredit them..

I am listening to your OPINION. I see you NOT UNDERSTANDING the interior you have and CLAIMING that it is something that it is not.

I also CONTRAST that opinion with the experiences of thousands of other users of my product and can easily come to the conclusion that you are mistaken about the objective claims you made and that you read a SUBJECTIVE situation completely wrong.

As for my people skills....yes I admit that I have an extremely low tolerance for BS. And I admit that I don't react well to people who want me to somehow read their minds instead of just telling me what they want.

For example you said, I didn't WANT ANYTHING OR ASK FOR ANYTHING, and then left my booth having gotten an answer to your single question of whether the interiors are supposed to come out or not. That answer, AGAIN, is yes. And they go back in as I showed you.

With 1 trillion percent certainty, that is more than 100% percent I think, IF I would have detected ANY issue with the interior that wasn't right I would have swapped it out or given you a new case. Why do I say that? Because that IS my policy. dozens of customers have had exactly that experience over the years, by me personally or by my staff who are all fully empowered to do the same service for our customers.

So if I sent you out of the booth without offering you a new interior it is because I felt that yours was fine and that your question had been answered. And if you FEEL that I was short or rude or mad then I can't do anything about your perception. Maybe I was and maybe it was because of something else that happened that had nothing to do with you....I doubt it but given that this is now your word against mine I will just give you the benefit of the doubt on your description of my demeanor at the booth when dealing with you.

That does not change the fact though that the SUBSTANTIVE claims you are making are simply wrong.

The interior IS a removable interior.

IF you felt unhappy about how it was working then you SHOULD HAVE expressed that clearly and we would have found a solution for you.

Now you are angry that I didn't roll over and allow your "review" thread which contains ever increasing inaccurate assertions to stand unchallenged. I get it, everyone gets defensive when challenged on what they say. But your anger-review doesn't turn your claims into facts.

Not really sure why this is so hard to understand.

But anyway, AGAIN, you are offered a FULL REFUND for the case. The case has a lifetime warranty. The case was sold to you with a SATISFACTION GUARANTEE attached to it.

If you don't take advantage of any of that then that's your problem. I can't force you to take the solutions offered, all of which were on offer the day you walked into my booth BECAUSE it is what we do when a customer lets us know that they are not happy. You CHOSE to walk out without expressing your unhappiness with my answer and thus left me thinking you were satisfied.

Now let's talk about some of your other statements;

"You suck as a salesman" - well yes I sort of do suck but not for the reason you probably think....I suck because I am overly honest about what we do and how it compares to what others do in building cases....this is often frowned upon by the kumbaya types who think competition in business should always be touchy-feely nice with no maker ever criticizing another maker's work. So yeah, that sales tactic is not recommended in most sales books. However my numbers tell a different story and they tend to indicate that I am a great salesman. Now it is clear to me that "great salesman" to you is the "read your mind and kiss your ass treat me like a king and grovel for my business" type of salesperson. Nah, that isn't me and never will be. You're a grown person and am a grown person and if you can't treat me with the respect to help me to help you then I don't feel any responsibility to probe you like a psychiatrist to find out if and why you are unhappy.

I am not mad that you think Castillo has better customer service...dude he serve high end tequila at his booth and I stop there a few times a show to get a shot. That is freaking AWESOME service. I am mad that you walked out of my booth without indicating that you were not happy with my answer and allowing me a chance to take care of it. I am mad that you continue to denigrate my product based on your inaccurate claim that the interior I showed on the videos is not the same interior as what is in your case. Essentially you are claiming that your case is built differently than how I told you it is built. YET you won't allow me to inspect it again to prove to you that what I said is accurate.

As to your claim that the Castillo case is better built. You can claim it but that does not make it true. I understand that it is your OPINION that it is better but in a side by side OBJECTIVE comparison I doubt that you can PROVE it. I am perfectly ok with you FEELING that the Castillo you have is better. But trying to make OBJECTIVE claims requires that you make objective points. And when your claim comes along with the "Castillo treated me better after John was mean to me" story then it introduces BIAS into your claims.

Here is the bottom bottom line. I am interested in protecting your cues and not coddling you. To that end my cases protect cues as claimed and if a customer has a problem we fix it. When the customer doesn't tell me that they have a problem then I can't fix it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
As for the claim about J&J cases holding up better than ours.... I have a bunch of broken J&J and similar cases that were given to me when people bought a JB Case.

It OUGHT to be clear to you that there is no chance that I would be able to stand there year after year and see the same customers each year if we sold crappy cases at much higher prices than the el cheapo brands. Simply is not physically possible to sell as much as we do and give the warranty we do if our cases were as terrible as you claim. It ought to be clear to you based on the dozens of testimonials from people who got taken care of in person at shows that your experience was not normal. And if it wasn't normal then perhaps you MIGHT want to ask yourself WHY it wasn't? I mean I can freely admit that I can be an ass.....could you ever look in the mirror and admit that perhaps you had something to do with the experience?

I mean, since you are now going beyond the original claims and saying things like J&J $90 cases hold up better than ours and that $300 is too much for our case, perhaps you should think about the fact that you are making statements which appear to be just trying to get me riled up and if so how that reflects on you. Maybe there is something about you and the way you perceive things or the way you acted at the booth that played a part in your experience????

In any event I told Karen today that I think I will record every such interaction in the future to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. Namely the customer says "xyz" and we think it was actually "abc" they said/we said type of deal. I certainly don't like to be accused of hurting your feelings and I guess you don't like to feel hurt. So recording the interactions will at lease give an accurate record of what was said and done.

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude your mentally deranged and a narcissistic piece of trash. Have anyone check your first response...NOT PROFESSIONAL I never asked for u to do anything or kiss anyones ass but just treat people equally which I saw u clearly don't. Bias is what you have against anyone who calls you out on making a piece of shit case for 300 plus bucks..

You act like I'm mad? But your the seller and you keep coming back at me for calling out your lies and SHIT CUSTOMER SERVICE. You never told me the case was fine or not just tucked it in and said here you go. Your a keyboard warrior I will gladly come see you at the expo and finish are argument face to face if you want because you want to act so fake online. You claim I don't know what makes a case..I do John the opposite of whatever your doing. You can sell one million cases that doesnt prove shit your designs are sharp I'll give u that but you claiming they are rugged is pure bullshit no QUALITY case after one here falls apart like that.

I don't know if you don't understand English quite well but I stated multiple times YOUR INTERIOR ON MY CASW DOESN'T COME OUT PAST THE PART I POSTED IN THE PICTURE. Your lying and deflecting what I said is wrong with your case..IT DOES NOT COME OUT 100% HELL 50%. You replace interiors every week like you claim because your INTERIORS BLOW. I dont see Gil or Whitten replacing interiors left and right.

Go get your last dig John since your a little kid. I'd love to find any respected businessman that takes their time to argue and insult a former customer. If your cases were so fantastic you wouldn't be replacing parts left and right. I know plenty of people who agree with not only my assessment of your case but how big of an asshole you really are.

I was upset when I showed you the case you didnt give a shit , would anyone be surprised by reading your responses? No they will realize your just another ass in the billiard industry. Anyone with common sense should spend their money elsewhere. Who the **** wants to be called a liar because their interior came out partially and the outside is fading? Like you have to be the cockiest scumbag to assume your only right man wow your a lost cause. Say what you want your only making yourself seem more ignorant and ignorant to future customers.

Last edited:

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So If i like OB over predator I'm automatically biased? Maybe you should check the dictionary I think you have your words mixed up I openly tried your case it sucked so I bought a Castillo end of story.

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should record your customers so you don't insinuate they are lying..calling a customer a liar, saying their opinion is wrong without you even know what apparantly happened is something you should look into as well. Just because your product isn't how you described doesn't make me less credible...You seemed to have gotten triggered by my customer service comment..as you should it's not the best look

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You should record your customers so you don't insinuate they are lying..calling a customer a liar, saying their opinion is wrong without you even know what apparantly happened is something you should look into as well. Just because your product isn't how you described doesn't make me less credible...You seemed to have gotten triggered by my customer service comment..as you should it's not the best look

Well, you claimed that the case is not as described. How was it described?

You claimed you came to my booth and asked me if the interior was supposed to come out. I said yes and showed you how to reinsert it.

Please, tell me where you have seen a description that is not accurate and quote it so that we can all go over it together.

So on that claim your opinion is wrong.

As for the claim that I was rude to you...well I can't say that I was or I wasn't but what I can say for sure is that TYPICALLY I am rather cordial and pleasant until someone comes at me in a way that I feel is antagonistic and then I can be an ass. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to deal with anyone at the shows. At this point you have your perspective and I have mine. Your perspective includes you and how you claim I treated you and mine includes how I consistently deal with thousands of people at shows each year. We do approximately 60 days of shows per year and each of those days is about ten hours of dealing with customers. So you can do the math and hopefully understand that if I were as you describe then I would rightfully be out of business.

So if I was rude to you then there was probably a good reason from my perspective and has only been reinforced by your initial post and subsequent comments. That said I don't think that I was rude or mean to you but since you think I was I sincerely apologize that I was not nicer to you.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
So If i like OB over predator I'm automatically biased? Maybe you should check the dictionary I think you have your words mixed up I openly tried your case it sucked so I bought a Castillo end of story.

No, but if you tell a personal story about a person associated with those brands was sympathetic to your "that guy over there was mean to me" story and how over the moon you are with that "fantastic" service by the kind and soothing salesperson, then your gushing praise of the actual product is tainted by your emotional state.

I mean it's not like you are Consumer Reports here and you bought the two products anonymously with no link between them and then posted a qualified and detailed product comparison.

Nope you led with "John was mean to me and his product isn't as advertised" and finished with "Gil was nicer and his product is way better".

So yeah, biased is how I see it.

Just imagine how much praise you would be giving our work and me if I had been really nice, read your mind and taken you in the back to give you one of the utra premium VIP cases that are reserved for the top tier customers.......

Than answer to that is NONE. Because all of those customers are sworn to secrecy not to reveal the ultra VIP line of cases and service.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Dude your mentally deranged and a narcissistic piece of trash. Have anyone check your first response...NOT PROFESSIONAL I never asked for u to do anything or kiss anyones ass but just treat people equally which I saw u clearly don't. Bias is what you have against anyone who calls you out on making a piece of shit case for 300 plus bucks..

You act like I'm mad? But your the seller and you keep coming back at me for calling out your lies and SHIT CUSTOMER SERVICE. You never told me the case was fine or not just tucked it in and said here you go. Your a keyboard warrior I will gladly come see you at the expo and finish are argument face to face if you want because you want to act so fake online. You claim I don't know what makes a case..I do John the opposite of whatever your doing. You can sell one million cases that doesnt prove shit your designs are sharp I'll give u that but you claiming they are rugged is pure bullshit no QUALITY case after one here falls apart like that.

I don't know if you don't understand English quite well but I stated multiple times YOUR INTERIOR ON MY CASW DOESN'T COME OUT PAST THE PART I POSTED IN THE PICTURE. Your lying and deflecting what I said is wrong with your case..IT DOES NOT COME OUT 100% HELL 50%. You replace interiors every week like you claim because your INTERIORS BLOW. I dont see Gil or Whitten replacing interiors left and right.

Go get your last dig John since your a little kid. I'd love to find any respected businessman that takes their time to argue and insult a former customer. If your cases were so fantastic you wouldn't be replacing parts left and right. I know plenty of people who agree with not only my assessment of your case but how big of an asshole you really are.

I was upset when I showed you the case you didnt give a shit , would anyone be surprised by reading your responses? No they will realize your just another ass in the billiard industry. Anyone with common sense should spend their money elsewhere. Who the **** wants to be called a liar because their interior came out partially and the outside is fading? Like you have to be the cockiest scumbag to assume your only right man wow your a lost cause. Say what you want your only making yourself seem more ignorant and ignorant to future customers.

You are MORE THAN WELCOME to come to the show with your case and we can do a public video of the inspection and interaction.

In the meantime you can tell me where you live and I can arrange for a JB Case owner to meet you and record you showing him that the interior doesn't come all the way out. If it does not then I would say you got the unicorn JB case that was somehow not built like the rest of them. Somehow we decided to attach the interior to the body AND also make the interior in the cassette style AND on top of that gave it about 6 extra inches of fabric inside so that it would come out that far above the lip of the case. That's an awful lot of steps outside of the normal process and I guess I need to find the responsible person and flog them.........

Or the simpler explanation is that you're wrong and I am right about how the interior you showed in your pictures is built. But I will admit I am wrong if you can prove it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I replace interiors because we have a lifetime warranty and sometimes an interior will have some problem that isn't neccesarily our fault. But if I think it is then I will just put a new interior in. Customers also buy new interiors from us because they just want to have a new color or they want a fresh one and because I developed a cassette method of inserting them it is an easy task. It is to be expected that when you build thousands of cases yearly that a few will not be satisfactory in some way.

No, you don't see other makers replacing interiors because IF they do it generally requires that you send the case in. If someone shows up at a show with an interior issue then I guess maybe they take the case back and fix it and then ship it back to the customer...I don't know how they handle such issues or the frequency of those issues.

What I do know is that when I owned cuecaserepair.com I have repaired hundreds of cases of all brands and all brands that have passed through my hands have interiors that either have had issues or can develop issues.

The actual idea for the replaceable interior came through a discussion with Jack Justis when he stated that his were easily removable so that a customer could replace the interior if needed. So I thought it was a good idea and made a version that allowed us to build the skin tight to the shell while allowing customers to take them out easily if needed. As well sometimes a customer will ask for a custom interior configuration for their existing case and we can do that and they can easily swap the interiors in a couple minutes.

Given that we get consistently good reviews on our interiors I would say that your assertion that our interiors "blow" is not accurate. They are nicely cushy and protective though. And the convenience of being able to remove the interior easily and at will seems to be an appreciated benefit to owning our cases.

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh John I never wanted to get you going because if I did I would of contacted you directly. I have every right to report what transpired and if you dont like it tough shit buddy. When u attack me and my character I will throw shade at your cases compared to JJ because well I have had my first one for 7 years and it hasn't had one issue. The interior was cheap obviously not real leather but it did hold up longer than your case lmao.

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OBVIOUSLY I WILL EXPOSE YOUR BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PEOPLE skills. Your a joke you think so highly of yourself you couldn't just apologize but question me at first..because YES YOU WERE RUDE AND NOT ONE OF YOUR COMMENTS WERE NOT. I can't help heal your insanity but I will expose how big of a lying snake you are to everyone here. It went from prove it to oh if I did do that I was probably busy. Then it was oh all case interiors come out when I clearly said maybe 5 times it doesn't come out. Your bad at listening John and apparently reading English..

Last edited:

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You also are absolutely retarded when it comes to what BIAS means. You were an asshole and your case sucked, Gil was great to work with and his cases are better...NO BIAS JUST FACTS. I love how my entire area only reps Castillo I was the only dumb ass to buy a JB sheesh. I wont change your mind and you won't change mine either. I never wanted anything else but to be treated like any other customer but for you since your the best in the world and such a big shot what was I thinking asking for solid genuine customer service. What was I thinking expecting you to explain why my case was like this? I'm sorry I expected you to act like a normal adult businessman, I really apologize for not being a leach and asking for a new case instead spending another 300 on a better one...sorry for making you so butthurt I got those sausage link fingers peckin away.

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Read my mind lmfao poor excuse for just being a miserable ***** who doesn't have a personality and is just not a nice guy. I was respectful to you and asked you to check it out it wasn't a one word question. The insanity that would go into doing a review just to bash you on no basis is so freaking crazy and ignorant. I liked you before I met you and the first year owning my case I recommended your cases to so many people. So yah when I finally met you and thought you would be kool about it I was turned off and highly disappointed. I never tried Castillo cases until the expo and since then after a year that case and yours look night and day from wear and tear..so I will tell everyone there cases are better because that was my and many other locals experience.......

Last edited: