Flawless Pool

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
There is an old match that was once available for accustats featuring Efren and Jeff Carter. Jeff destroyed Efren while probably playing his best pool of that year, possibly of his life. Accustats recorded the match without audio because they used their commentators on a Varner match that was taking place at the same time. Sometime after the match they contacted Jeff and asked if he would sit in the booth and dub in the commentary for the match with them. He agreed and during play he tells the viewers why he chose to do each particular shot the way he did it. It's a very informative match. Sadly, I loaned the VHS to a fellow player years ago and never got it back. I can't remember to whom I lent it so it's gone forever.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is an old match that was once available for accustats featuring Efren and Jeff Carter. Jeff destroyed Efren while probably playing his best pool of that year, possibly of his life. Accustats recorded the match without audio because they used their commentators on a Varner match that was taking place at the same time. Sometime after the match they contacted Jeff and asked if he would sit in the booth and dub in the commentary for the match with them. He agreed and during play he tells the viewers why he chose to do each particular shot the way he did it. It's a very informative match. Sadly, I loaned the VHS to a fellow player years ago and never got it back. I can't remember to whom I lent it so it's gone forever.

If you do a search on AccuStats site for player review matches you may find it again. I have a few of them and they are some of my favorite to watch.

But why is the comment in this thread? That video has neither Jeff Carter nor commentary.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I mentioned it here because he played a nearly flawless match.
Interesting because he wasn't considered a top level pro at the time.
That's for the tip, I'll check their site for that match.