View Single Post
Old
  (#13)
martin35
AzB Silver Member
martin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond reputemartin35 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-14-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssonerai View Post
Martin -

Thank you for the nice comments, i just hope i don't get thrown off for sort of non-pool related woodwork. I mean these processes were used for tables and such, but i am not exactly showing that kind of work.

Here are some photos i am relieved to have finally found from a decade ago. Later i will show how some of these parts were vacuum bagged, and some were pressure formed with collapsible discharge hose. If you did not see the finished product first, they will not make sense. So here is the "end" first.
Then i have to go back to work. Try for more tonight. Or during breaks later.

How far up in Quebec are you?
I had to make 3 round trips up to Salaberry-de-Vallefield (below Montreal) earlier in the year.

One comment on your part: If it is literally 10" wide, the 12" wide veneers from that supplier will be "very close" for starting size. They will slip/fan about 1/2" to make the bends, and you need "at least" an inch each side if vac-bagging, plus how accurate can you keep them aligned getting into the form and holding from skewing while the pressure comes down? As said, 12" is about enough, but you need practiced and careful work. Good to try a lay-up like that dry (no glue) and see how you perform under pressure. . The form will need a balanced shape as well as a hard stop on the downhill side; regardless what is trimmed later, or the layers will try to squirt to one side.
I say it again , it's really impressive work. I'm living near Sherbrooke which is 100miles south-east of Montreal near the Vermont border.

As for the dimension of the finish part, I just dont know them exactly , it was only a guess from the picture.

I'm looking forward to see the other processes and thank you again for all the great first hand information and advices.

Martin