View Single Post
Old
  (#11)
bradsh98
Bradshaw Billiard Service
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-20-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Ok, I understand that, but just a though here. When you level the seams of the slate, do you only shim one side of the slate to make the seam flat, or if needed, do you shim both sides of the seam until its flat and level? How many leveling points are at the seam of the slate with the pictured leveling system?
I see where you're going with this, and I agree. If the concept of the leveler itself works, I think that is fine. But, the placement is a bit off, and there should be more locations than what they currently have. There is nothing in the center of each slate, so there is no way to address sag (which will occur). Also, only having one location at the center of the seam does not allow for much adjustment at all.

This design would be fine, if slates were always perfectly flat (and stayed that way). However, the effects of gravity will always come into play.

Geoff Bradshaw
Bradshaw Billiard Service

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.