who has the best stroke in the world ?

EAGLETRICKSHOTS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so most of the peopel i know ask me who has the best stroke ??? i say :Semihh Sayinginer of Mike Massey, what do you think ?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Definitely neither. They, along with Larry Nevel, have the most powerful strokes in cuesports, but not the best strokes. A great stroke consists of power, finesse, touch and an accurate delivery of the cue ball.

Best stroke today might just be that of Jose Parica, although his is not quite on a par with that of Steve Mizerak in his prime.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Definitely neither. They, along with Larry Nevel, have the most powerful strokes in cuesports, but not the best strokes. A great stroke consists of power, finesse, touch and an accurate delivery of the cue ball.

Best stroke today might just be that of Jose Parica, although his is not quite on a par with that of Steve Mizerak in his prime.
Actually, Sayginer probably has as much finesse as any pool player today. That's my conclusion after seeing him play balkline. He also plays 14.1 with amazing touch when goaded into it.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May not be the best, but don't know that I've ever seen someone get more out of their stroke than Buddy Hall. So smooth and compact, very repeatable and he never needed that long stroke to get the power like some of the other guys.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Actually, Sayginer probably has as much finesse as any pool player today. That's my conclusion after seeing him play balkline. He also plays 14.1 with amazing touch when goaded into it.

Point well taken, but billiards, though requiring a powerul stroke more often than pool, does not require the kind of speed control needed in pool. Admittedly, balkline requires better speed control than standard three cushion, but I don't feel it calls on you to control the cue ball's final resting spot with the precision demanded of you in pool.

Guess I agree with you, but only to a point.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
May not be the best, but don't know that I've ever seen someone get more out of their stroke than Buddy Hall. So smooth and compact, very repeatable and he never needed that long stroke to get the power like some of the other guys.

Agreed, Buddy Hall's stroke was a thing of beauty.

vinnyfromparis

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
just a few.....
Yukio Akagaryamy, Ronnie Alcanno, Shane Van Boening, mika Immonen, Dennis Orcollo and for the female player Jasmin Ouschan Fu Xiao-Fang and Ga Young Kim....

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
If the question were most powerful I'd have to go with Larry Nevel.

But since it's the "best" stroke in the world...

Rudolfo Luat.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member

Attachments

• FB.jpg
    FB.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 6,069

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Jimmy White. He had tremendous power, was able to spin the ball very well, and yet had top pro snooker accuracy to go alongside it.

He is no longer in his prime, but that guys stroke was a rock, he was a scary good player and one of the few snooker players who transitioned VERY well to 9-foots due to the power his stroke had. Few people I have ever seen look as solid as Jimmy was over the cueball.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy Hall also,that stroke of his,made him look like he was in total control at all times(which he was),he could do anything and everything with that powerful but controled stroke!

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
There are so many guys who have an excellent and powerful stroke.
I would also name for sure Neil Robertson- this snooker-guy has such an amazing powerful stroke, really impressive.

Penrose Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey Deuel
Effren Reyes
Semih Sayginer
Nick van den Berg
Frédéric Caudron
Earl Strickland
John Schmidt
Ronnie 'O Sullivan

That's my list...

Just my two cents...

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its very important to clarify what you mean with best stroke.... straightest stroke ( if so, no way in the world Bustamante has the best stroke) or the most powerful?

Last edited:

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

+1

Hard to argue with Sayginer - plus, his Carom trick/fancy routine
is beyound world class. Several shots that are not even close to possible.

Dale