Silver Member

Attachments

• 89970031_3657397867667035_418695745844019200_n.jpg
    89970031_3657397867667035_418695745844019200_n.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,867

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All pool halls in Utica, Syracuse, Binghamton and at last 1 in Rochester NY have closed VOLUNTARILY. We all did this on our own after the order to stop inside food and alcohol sales. I could be open now with a 50 player cap. Nobody in their right mind would subject the people they love to this outbreak.

As I drove around today I still see all number of businesses open.... Furniture shopping, buying a car? You could take your kid to the mall to the indoor playground. Jesus Christ people wake up. Stay home, stay safe.

minnesota_slim

Registered
I would think this goes without saying...

but now everyone who was in Vegas.... has traveled back to threir respective places on the globe. Not canceling the event before everyone traveled there was perhaps the most irresponsible thing I have heard during this crisis. Please get informed everyone- and from someone with credibility (CDC, WHO). Do not beleive me, do not beleive politicians- trust those who have spent their lives studying public health and infectious disease- and take them seriously. YOU do not know more than them unless you have a string of letters after your name as well. YOU cannot make reckless decisions that impact other people's health. In this case, this now has th epotential to create hundreds of new epicenters for disease because CSI did not, apparently, consider the advice of experts and decided to pursue their own agenda. This is not something where the decision makers can say- "oops, my bad." This decision has potentially affected coutneless pool rooms, pool players and communities worldwide- depending on where participants came from. Rant aside- I was really hoping no one at the event would be infected- because this has the potential to be the exact type of event that all the preventative measure were designed to combat.

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
There are still people out there playing today. IMO they should all quarantine themselves in Vegas for 2 weeks before traveling home. That’s one of the reasons I didn’t attend(even though we won a trip).

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
If it’s true that those 2 tested positive then we will be hearing about many more soon. It’s an airborne thing and people were all close up and personal there. It’s contagious for so long and for days before symptoms.

It was crazy for all those people to gather and hen spread back to their spots of the world. It’s almost like the disease has infected their brains like Cordyceps and made them do it to help spread itself lol.

The virus doesn’t seem to be too serious to most people, but the economic impact is undeniable. The more cases, the more fear and panic, the more disruption, the harder it will be to stabilize.

Just shut down for a lil bit and give it a chance to die off, or go full blown crazy. I don’t want any In the Middle BS where I get laid off because our jobs are all shut down and everyone’s scared to build but the government and everything is still intact and I’m just a poor person in a terrible job market.

I want the walking dead or status quo

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it’s true that those 2 tested positive then we will be hearing about many more soon. It’s an airborne thing and people were all close up and personal there. It’s contagious for so long and for days before symptoms.

It was crazy for all those people to gather and hen spread back to their spots of the world. It’s almost like the disease has infected their brains like Cordyceps and made them do it to help spread itself lol.

The virus doesn’t seem to be too serious to most people, but the economic impact is undeniable. The more cases, the more fear and panic, the more disruption, the harder it will be to stabilize.

Just shut down for a lil bit and give it a chance to die off, or go full blown crazy. I don’t want any In the Middle BS where I get laid off because our jobs are all shut down and everyone’s scared to build but the government and everything is still intact and I’m just a poor person in a terrible job market.

I want the walking dead or status quo

I agree with you in this to a point.
1) I think we should do what is going to save the most lives.
2) the more we flatten the curve the more damage will be done to the economy
3) this will be a huge opportunity for all of us ontheother side. America will rebuild better and stronger and most likely will accelerate moving manufacturing back onshore. This will be a huge boost for the middle class.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
wow, the BCA and Las Vegas - The Worlds Hot Zone,
and there wasn't any film at 6:00?

… how's Darren feel'n?
he's a healthy one isn't he?

league is down for 2 wks on a wait and see what happens napa, bca

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a little digging and they aren't sure that it was pool players or even if they came from Vegas. If you go to the group Calgary Pool Scene on facebook you can see the back and forth about where the initial report came from. Just as an FYI

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

This is the truth no one wants to hear
I know several nurses here
One was at the bar with us saying people are just over reacting

Another sends me covid memes daily

Scaring everyone, which is pretty easy it seems , is the real danger

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Darren Appleton just shared this on his Facebook page...

If this is true, then every player and fan who attended the event (which continues today) may have to be tested if they begin to show symptoms. I see some people on here who are still making light of this crises, but they must not be paying attention to what is happening nationally and in the world at large. This is not a laughing matter! Just because some people might fare better than others (20% is the best estimate, leaving 80% seriously ill) is no reason to act like it's no big deal if a few thousand older people (and some younger) die. And I'm being conservative when I say only a few thousand.

I will only add once more that the numbers of those infected (which is already beginning to rise rapidly) will increase exponentially when the testing is ramped up to where it needs to be. I wonder how many who return from Vegas will have been infected with this virus. It will be irresponsible for them to then endanger those they come in contact with, even if they are not symptomatic.

Last edited:

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with you in this to a point.
1) I think we should do what is going to save the most lives.
2) the more we flatten the curve the more damage will be done to the economy
3) this will be a huge opportunity for all of us ontheother side. America will rebuild better and stronger and most likely will accelerate moving manufacturing back onshore. This will be a huge boost for the middle class.

our health should be paramount, but even if money is the priority
the longer this thing drags out, the worse off our economy
in the short-term, we're obviously taking a hit by distancing
but if we can get this thing to cool down a bit
catch up on testing, give healthcare workers and facilities a break
dividends will be evident later on

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

https://www.google.com/search?q=italy+coronavirus

The barely literate Jayson Shaw's facebook page isn't exactly the place I'd look to for quality news about what's going on here.

What we can say is that there is a 100% chance that coronavirus was spreading in Las Vegas during BCA and a near 100% chance that people involved in the event were exposed. All we can do is hope for the best.

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this is true, then every player and fan who attended the event (which continues today) may have to be tested if they begin to show symptoms. I see some people on here who are still making light of this crises, but they must not be paying attention to what is happening nationally and in the world at large. This is not a laughing matter! Just because some people might fare better than others (20% is the best estimate, leaving 80% seriously ill) is no reason to act like it's no big deal if a few thousand older people (and some younger) die. And I'm being conservative when I say only a few thousand.

I will only add once more that the numbers of those infected (which is already beginning to rise rapidly) will increase exponentially when the testing is ramped up to where it needs to be. I wonder how many who return from Vegas will have been infected with this virus. It will be irresponsible for them to then endanger those they come in contact with, even if they are not symptomatic.

You have those percents just a bit backwards.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

the truth, to sum up:
worldwide, people are getting sick and dying
it's spreading every day
healthcare workers and facilities are overloaded
there is no vaccine
even trump, the person who least wanted to face the virus reality
is copping to it, and has declared a national emergency

so, how should we be acting?

Imac007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the truth, to sum up:
worldwide, people are getting sick and dying
it's spreading every day
healthcare workers and facilities are overloaded
there is no vaccine
even trump, the person who least wanted to face the virus reality
is copping to it, and has declared a national emergency

so, how should we be acting?

Deciding not to go is hard if a person only focuses on themself in the short term. Preparation goes out the window along with hopes and aspirations. That said, a longer future oriented timeline and a broader social context makes the decision easy. You’re either part of the problem or part of the solution. The Mardi Gras still charged me for a night and a cancellation fee.

My question is are they refunding the team fees? I haven’t seen their stance on that?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't believe anyone went out there in the first place. They didn't have to go. CSI should have cancelled earlier but they didn't force people to go.

Your correct. Nobody forced them to go but, it still doesn't change the fact that they didn't cancel.

IMO, the blame is split 50/50.

It's odd how the less than intelligent players of today are smart enough to not play HIGHLY advanced players for cash ......but.....turn right around and risk something much more valuable than money:

Life.

Jeff

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Follow the CDC guidelines and keep yourself safe and that will also keep others safe as well. We will all be playing pool again soon. Let's get this thing behind us.