The story behind the Jackot cues

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made and sold some cues that my customers loved,but a certain civic minded group interested in other peoples business have chosen to respond with highly abusive language

if you did not know better you might get the idea that customers were mad,but not in this case.The customers are happy.

I enjoyedsuch a fine reputation on this forum that for years i sold Mystery cues. I would not tell a single fact and ask the customer to send up to $1500 and I would send them a wonderful cue

I did this perhaps a dozen times and the customers with out exception loved what they got, When thet posted pictures ,others laughed and wrote me happy messages saying things like "i will get the next one"

Some people were offended. This isn't right,never mind that the customer is happy,I find this offensive ,they said

Well there are hundreds of people who have scomplimented my treatment,they left positive feedback . In other words they left word to tell others that I was a good guy over 270 so far

This also offended some people because they did not think a fella with my style or lack thereof should sell so much while they did not

Well the current issue is over a cue that jack potter and I designed and commissioned
to be made by a fine old USA company.

The customers ordered and were/are happy but our detractors seem to think that itwas a scam.We offered a full money back to anyone for three orso weeks.
No one took us up for this reason.

In fact some customers ordered 3 or 4 more cues after everything you are about to read was stated .

But our friends ,felt a need to explain to happy customers how stupid they were, they are told that they have been scammed.

It is hard to imagine why the customers are defending us and the non customers
are so determined that the average guy needs help knowing his own mind

I encourage you to read their comments,but let me warn you.They have used very foul abusive language,and some vulgarity in describing yours truly.

You might be confused how anyone would want to stick their nose in other peoples busuiness. You might even decide ythat yours truly must be a con man

I,it might confuse you to see satisfied customers occasionally daring to speak up in our defense, why do these happy buyers defend the very man accused of foul play

Some have left this forum,saying that there are too many drama queens on here,
Others fit right in,some love it

You will see what I mean,you ill catch on to the loving spirit in just a few seconds

Over all this is a wondeful place to talk about the game of pool.
There is one guy Dr Dave who offers tremendous videos and instruction.

There is a nice forum where you can select a cue of your choice, some of these comments are made by people who want to help you with your choice

Yu will have to ask yourself two questions

1 Why are they so helpful or what business is it of theirs
2 Do you think you need their kind of help

Before you decide,read these enlighting comments buckle up and feel the love
Welcome to AZ Billiards,enjoy yourself
i

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Why didn't we explain everything up front?

A great deal of controversy was caused by people with absolutely no financial involvement,
they were not customers and had not touched the cues.

As you know I have never been ashamed to make a profit and I don't intend to start to change.

Please do not take this as an apology, I am proud of everything we did .

Dean

You just can't get it right. You're not wired to tell the truth or apologize.

You said Jack built the cues, then then were called on that lie and subsequently said the cue real cue maker did not want you to reveal his name. Now you finally admit your lies, but no apology. You allowed your propensity to hype blind you to the fact that you ripped off your customers and AZ Billiards.

Your detractors got it right. You followed up each lie and hype with more lies and hype. You have the capacity to understand you've damaged your reputation, but don't have the capacity to feel shame or apologize for your misdeeds. Anyway, this is a dead horse, now we have the confession but no apologies, just more lies and hype.

As I said before, why anybody would buy anything from you is beyond me.

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Careful guys, he'll accuse more people of being out to get him. Customers who asked for refunds were accused of working with people to conspire against him

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Jack and I had thought about the project over the years,sharing our ideas
with you from time to time.

He had such good success with the Libra and I had the Deano cues with
Schmelke blanks finished by John Nemic I approached several friends in the
business about the idea before proceeding.

Larry Vigus was in no position to help with any hands on work,I talked to
Shelby and he was too busy, I went to Paul Drexler who is always so helpful
to anyone in the cue business needing help. He made the suggestion to
me that I contact David Schmelke. saying he does great work.

Schmelke is a tremendous cue making company with the ability to manufacture
cues in any price range and has experience building cues for others.

Did you know that many,if not most of the Titleist blanks so popular today
were manufactured by Schmelke for Brunswick?. Schmelke also made the
blanks for John Nemec when he made the Deano cues.

Rick Landsberg of Best Billiards in Orange County bought hundreds from Tad
who had bought the left over stock from Schmelke when Brunswick quit
using them.

When Schmelke took on the project I was very happy because among other things
I had a very reputable USA company with not only the talent and ability to handle these
cues but also Schmelke had vast amounts of great old wood and good
shaft wood available( perhaps the best in the world)

I recently bought a large amount of excellent ebony from Schmelke for some of the better
cue makers,high dollar cue makers in America.

Jack and I discussed our project and tested several cues in trial runs to be sure we got what
we wanted .a distinctive powerful responsive hit that we felt like was our own

The thing that impressed us and caused us to go forward was the great shaft wood and
Schmelke's proceedure of making great shafts. I have seen $5000 cues with shafts that were
not as nice as what we got.

Just a word ... first after several passes (cutting and sanding and processing) a vigorous
shaft pretparation beginning with sealer ,spinning and finishing, then a special 3 step process
of applying spinning polishing ending with a wax.

Why didn't we explain everything up front?

It was unimportant ,served us no purpose and both parties were feeling each other
other out,if there had been a problem with something there was no use in spreading the blame.
There was no problem

Not one customer complained about the play ,while several called and ordered as many as 4
more,great pool players claimed they loved the play.

We like to think we had something to do with that result.Schmelke did great work,
they provided great materials and payed close attention to details,provided everything according
to our specs and time tables.

We are proud of our product which we consider a great success. The cues play good,look good
and enabled us to put a nice cue in your hands for a good price.

Schmelke is a tremendous company and they have been putting great cues at low prices in
players hands for years.

A great deal of controversy was caused by people with absolutely no financial involvement,
they were not customers and had not touched the cues.

Not one customer did or could lose money because we stood behind the product with a
no question asked ,money back guaranteed if the customer wanted his money back with
a normal period of time.

Our sneaky pete was built to the same specs and hit the same.Several cues were sent
to the Philipines to support youth pool sponsored by the Anito KID

One of his 15 year old kids beat Efren and we wanted to provide these kids the chance to play
with top quality equipment at no cost.

Your purchases helped suport that project and any extra profits went a great deal toward helping
Jack with unexpected hospital bills.

Originally ,I had planned on taking my profits and having a good time with the family.
As you know I have never been ashamed to make a profit and I don't intend to start to change.

Please do not take this as an apology, I am proud of everything we did . This is just a public
explanation which I am making now unforced or coerced.

We are now facing a major crisis,perhaps the biggest since the big war.My mother had to ration gas,
and now maybe it's toilet paper. Some are losing jobs.
Our industry is certainly facing hard times for the short term.

I am grateful to those of you who increased your orders while we were being criticized,and to the
dozens of you who told us to keep our chin up and not let the turkeys get us down.

I should offer a hearty thanks to our detractors who while attempting to do us harm
have actually provided us with increased orders and letters of support from the rest of you.

Dean

You could have asked for a GoFundMe and been a hero. Instead, you slapped out trash cues and are a zero.

I wouldn't worry too much about anyone taking it as an apology.

Sent from the future.

Perfect

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You just can't get it right. You're not wired to tell the truth or apologize.

You said Jack built the cues, then then were called on that lie and subsequently said the cue real cue maker did not want you to reveal his name. Now you finally admit your lies, but no apology. You allowed your propensity to hype blind you to the fact that you ripped off your customers and AZ Billiards.

Your detractors got it right. You followed up each lie and hype with more lies and hype. You have the capacity to understand you've damaged your reputation, but don't have the capacity to feel shame or apologize for your misdeeds. Anyway, this is a dead horse, now we have the confession but no apologies, just more lies and hype.

As I said before, why anybody would buy anything from you is beyond me.

I don't believe any of his nonsense but some people do and I find that entertaining. I wonder how many of the Jackpot cues he sold.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
You forgot to name drop Mark Gregory in there somewhere like you do whenever hawking your table that wasn't done by him.

Sent from the future.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Dean: you are a tremendous asshole.

best,
briam kc

I have had a couple of dealing with Deanoc, he was always wonderful to deal with. Man who's word was like a verbal handshake.

Like in the good old days when a handshake was better then a contract drawn up by a Harvard Lawyer.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Why would anybody sell a cue that plays this good?
I didn't suggest anyone should sell anything. I have some cheapncues I think are pretty special too.

I am simply really uncomfortable with the tactics going on here. I think they violate the tone of an enthusiast forum for sale section...but they weren't in that section really so I don't know what to think. Its hardly high crimes and misdemeanors but it just offends my sense of community.

Sent from the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.