FREE CHALK - Who wants some ??

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Cool. I'm really looking forward to trying this out. I've been a Master's guy for years.

My only concern would be my PSR. I've forgotten my chalk holder before and for hours I'll still be reaching for my back pocket since it's so ingrained in my PSR.

Anyone else change to this or Kamui and have difficulties adjusting their PSR?

I had no problem changing. I love not hunting around for the chalk, or having my chalker fall out of my pocket. Now, when I shoot, the only thing on my mind is concentrating on the lay of the table, and stepping into my next shot, practice strokes and bam... done.

Of course, you can still chalk after every shot if you like. This is NOT like Kamui, and will not build up like it, so it's fine to use after every shot if you don't like chalking just once a game.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well that was fast! Thanks for the quick shipment. I wasn't expecting it til after the holidays.

Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks again.

dchan320

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a chance to try the magic chalk out yesterday for a few hours, and today for about 6 hours.

First time out with it, I used it after every 20 shots. Didn't miscue and the chalk held up with a measle-ball and various cueing. It goes on just like any other chalk. I didn't really see much residual on the CB or whatever was there didn't make a difference or stood out. Today, I played in a local tournament and went with only chalking once every 10 shots. It may have been a stretch to do this so early as I have been for years chalking after each shot. Not following that routine had an effect on me - a feeling something was off. I shortened it to every 4-5 shots and slowly got more comfortable with the idea of not needing to reach for it.

My goal with sampling the magic chalk is just to see if I can be at the table for an extended time without needing to chalk each shot. I feel you're able to do so with this chalk.

Thanks again for the free sampler!

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank You ChicagoRJ. I'm told I received the chalk you sent. My friend will bring it here to the Philippines in March. Right now I am using Blue Diamond. Can't wait to try it out.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Ok, I have used this chalk for several long sessions after receiving it and want to thank RJ & per his request here is my review.

I can see how many players will like this chalk. It does cover well. I tried an experiment over the course of an hour where I'd chalk once & play until I miscued & it consistently delivered 25 + shots before a miscue. It doesn't bruise the cueball. It provides great grip also, for me too much actually. All the things that have been said about it rang true as I put it through its paces. As I said when I opened this review, I can see how people will love this chalk.

Having reviewed it I have to say that while I feel the claims made about it rang true I personally don't like this chalk FOR ME. I'm one of those freaks who has an extremely large stash of Pre Flag Masters chalk. I've used it for what seems like forever. I also have a PSR where I chalk prior to every shot that is so ingrained in my game I could never change. While this chalk does not build up it just feels strange to me. It seems to apply differently, slightly more moist than what I use which seems to be the hallmark of newer chalks like Kamui & Predator, both of which I tried for about 5 shots each before giving the thumbs down on them. Magic chalk is not as moist as those but more moist than the Pre Flag I'm so accustomed to. This sounds kind of crazy (refer to my avatar), I'm used to a certain feel as I apply chalk, it's a comforting thing for lack of a better description, that I'm used to & this different feel was a little disconcerting to me. Also it actually grips a little more than what I use & while many may find that as a plus it wasn't for me, it changed the way the cueball reacted on many shots in regard to the English applied. Very minute, but enough that I was aware of it. So in synopsis I'll say the claims about it all checked off true, that if you have been spending exorbitant sums on that paste that Kamui sells this is a far better alternative if not having to chalk as often is important or desirable to you. It certainly performs better than Kamui or Predator without the negative effects those chalks bring IE mess, cue ball bruising. At the end of the day it just isn't for me though.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks again for the chalk. I tried it at a tourney for the first time yesterday. Was a bit leery going into a tourney and trying it for the first time, but after playing a couple practice games with it, I was ready to go.

I didn't put it through the "how many times can I shoot without miscuing" paces. I just chalked before each game. One game I used it a 2nd time late in the game as I had to put some good draw on and didn't want to miscue.

It does put better action on the CB in my opinion. And as someone else mentioned, that did affect my game a bit, but it's something I feel I can adjust to, same as if I get a new tip.

I'll be a buyer in the future, even though I've got a gross of Master's in my basement.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Ok, I have used this chalk for several long sessions after receiving it and want to thank RJ & per his request here is my review.

I can see how many players will like this chalk. It does cover well. I tried an experiment over the course of an hour where I'd chalk once & play until I miscued & it consistently delivered 25 + shots before a miscue. It doesn't bruise the cueball. It provides great grip also, for me too much actually. All the things that have been said about it rang true as I put it through its paces. As I said when I opened this review, I can see how people will love this chalk.

Having reviewed it I have to say that while I feel the claims made about it rang true I personally don't like this chalk FOR ME. I'm one of those freaks who has an extremely large stash of Pre Flag Masters chalk. I've used it for what seems like forever. I also have a PSR where I chalk prior to every shot that is so ingrained in my game I could never change. While this chalk does not build up it just feels strange to me. It seems to apply differently, slightly more moist than what I use which seems to be the hallmark of newer chalks like Kamui & Predator, both of which I tried for about 5 shots each before giving the thumbs down on them. Magic chalk is not as moist as those but more moist than the Pre Flag I'm so accustomed to. This sounds kind of crazy (refer to my avatar), I'm used to a certain feel as I apply chalk, it's a comforting thing for lack of a better description, that I'm used to & this different feel was a little disconcerting to me. Also it actually grips a little more than what I use & while many may find that as a plus it wasn't for me, it changed the way the cueball reacted on many shots in regard to the English applied. Very minute, but enough that I was aware of it. So in synopsis I'll say the claims about it all checked off true, that if you have been spending exorbitant sums on that paste that Kamui sells this is a far better alternative if not having to chalk as often is important or desirable to you. It certainly performs better than Kamui or Predator without the negative effects those chalks bring IE mess, cue ball bruising. At the end of the day it just isn't for me though.

Thanks for the review. It's not your cup of tea, but at least you mention how well the chalk does play. I like the grip and since I don't chalk while practicing (saves lots of time doing drills) it was easier for me to incorporate not chalking while playing in matches.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Thanks again for the chalk. I tried it at a tourney for the first time yesterday. Was a bit leery going into a tourney and trying it for the first time, but after playing a couple practice games with it, I was ready to go.

I didn't put it through the "how many times can I shoot without miscuing" paces. I just chalked before each game. One game I used it a 2nd time late in the game as I had to put some good draw on and didn't want to miscue.

It does put better action on the CB in my opinion. And as someone else mentioned, that did affect my game a bit, but it's something I feel I can adjust to, same as if I get a new tip.

I'll be a buyer in the future, even though I've got a gross of Master's in my basement.

Thanks for the review Diamond. Yes, when I first started using it, I would chalk up the 2nd time if I was on the 8ball (just to be sure) but then after I became more confident, I stopped doing it.

I've yet to refund anyone that bought it from me (over 500 boxes sold), as I have a MONEY BACK guarantee as you know. So, I'm glad you liked it.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Received the chalk yesterday. Will post results as soon as I have the chance to test.

Weber

Registered
I just recently bought some off eBay to try, if I like it I will order some more through you.