Battle in the Bull Pen - Scott Frost vs Rodney Morris - June 10-12th

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Hey Pool Fans! I am excited to announce a great challenge match a month away that will take place at Bull Shooters in Phoenix courtesy of Michael J. Bates. Rodney Morris and Scott Frost will be playing the first Battle in the Bull Pen!

If you are interested in getting VIP seats for this event or interested in being a sponsor of the FREE live streaming of the event which will surely get tens of thousands of viewers over the 3 days then shoot me a message. Share the flyer and mark your calendars. This is going to be a good one!

Attachments

• Flyer1(SCREEN)-01.jpg
    Flyer1(SCREEN)-01.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. Why the gaff games?

Gideon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

probably because Frost is a heavy underdog in traditional games with the exception of one pocket- it seems like Morris doesn't even play 1 pocket.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
probably because Frost is a heavy underdog in traditional games with the exception of one pocket- it seems like Morris doesn't even play 1 pocket.

Not so. I'm a huge Scott and Rodney fan. Either can win. It's more about who is having a good day. I'm sure Rodney has played some one hole but of coarse SF would be the favorite in that discipline. Why not a little variation. 8Ball for Pros is not a challenge. It's more about what the break and layout gives you. Open table = move bead to your side.

Nick

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for putting this together Lenny. I don't think either of these games are gaff. Lots of strategy in both games and way more fun to watch than break and run games. This is one of the first steams I am really looking forward to outside of one pocket.

Does the 3rd days game have to be a repeat of day 1 or 2? or can it be any game?

Thanks,
Ian

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Its great to have something going like this in the Phoenix area. Great job by all. Mr Bates, Lenny, Scott and Rodney. Will be good to watch in person as Bull shooters has good food and a great atmosphere. I also like the mix up from the standard games. I'm Sure the commentary will explain the rules for those who are watching them for the first time.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not so. I'm a huge Scott and Rodney fan. Either can win. It's more about who is having a good day. I'm sure Rodney has played some one hole but of coarse SF would be the favorite in that discipline. Why not a little variation. 8Ball for Pros is not a challenge. It's more about what the break and layout gives you. Open table = move bead to your side.

Nick

Frost would have a chance against Morris in 9 ball or 10 ball but I think Morris would be heavily favored. I'm not a betting man, but most people would be betting on Morris in those games.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Time will tell. Scott can hang with anyone. I think Rodney's high-high gear is higher but Scott has great shot ability and variety.

Like they say in the ring. Styles make fights.

Regards

Nick B

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what is back pocket 9 ball?

I'm not sure I'd consider this a gaff game, I think it's popular(or was) in parts of the country like bank pool is in the Appalchians, not sure why but games change from region to region. For some reason I thought the played back pocket 9 ball in Philly or some other East Coast area...of course maybe i haven't had enough coffee yet.........I know last pocket 8 ball is played in bars around here, my Dad plays 8 ball that way when he comes over to my house, or is it bank the black? i don't know ,lol

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure I'd consider this [back pocket 9 ball] a gaff game, I think it's popular(or was) in parts of the country like bank pool is in the Appalchians, not sure why but games change from region to region. For some reason I thought the played back pocket 9 ball in Philly or some other East Coast area...

I was unaware, when I called it a gaff game, of the fact that is a common game in some places. I stand corrected.

Gideon

storke

One Pocket Player
Silver Member
Weird

These are both great players to watch play. They both play a fast past game with tremendous firepower. However, I am at a lost to understand why pick games that most are not familiar with. I realize that Scott is a favorite in one pocket and Rodney in rotation. Why not play the best 3 games being one pocket, 9 ball, and maybe banks. I believe this would be more exciting and create a lot of hype. Again both are underdogs in particular games/ disciplines but neither is stealing. Either player will have to play good to win no matter what they play.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
For those of you interested these are games the players themselves agreed upon. Back pocket 9 ball is your traditional 9 ball rules except you each pick a corner pocket either the left or right in the breaking area where you will have to make the 9 ball to win. It adds a twist to 9 ball where you need to get good position behind the 9 to make it in your pocket or bank it into your pocket. Last pocket 8 ball is just traditional 8 ball but it needs to be made where you pocket your last solid or stripe.

Its not too complicated to understand for the masses. These simple games add just a little bit more difficulty to it for these pro players who make it look too easy. Trust me these games will be more exciting and interesting. If you have never played these games this way then give it a try, its just a little twist on games we already know and its nothing new. I would say back pocket and last pocket have been around for 50 years or more.

Games for the voter's choice will either be banks, one pocket, 10 ball, Saratoga, Bonus Ball, or straight pool. We will be tallying up all the votes at Bull Shooters on Friday and Saturday from a ballot box to decide Sunday's game. I was going to do a poll/vote on here but am questioning whether to do that or not. The people present at Bull Shooters who cast their ballot will be also entered into free giveaways which will be playing games of pool with or against Rodney and Scott perhaps a Pro-Am style, autographed items, DVDs, tee shirts and much more.

Its going to be a fun 3 days of pool in Phoenix so if you can be there in person then please do, VIP seating is available by contacting Mike Bates at Bull Shooters or myself. We are also looking for sponsors who want to get involved as the broadcast will be FREE and certainly tens of thousands of viewers will tune in over the 3 day event. I hope you all enjoy it and we will have more of these to come in the future.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I'm not sure I'd consider this a gaff game, I think it's popular(or was) in parts of the country like bank pool is in the Appalchians, not sure why but games change from region to region. For some reason I thought the played back pocket 9 ball in Philly or some other East Coast area...of course maybe i haven't had enough coffee yet.........I know last pocket 8 ball is played in bars around here, my Dad plays 8 ball that way when he comes over to my house, or is it bank the black? i don't know ,lol

You are correct, I played last pocket and back pocket in NY when I lived there. Not really common games but most diehards on the east coast have played or seen it played. The games are really fun and make it more interesting then watching traditional 8 or 9 ball.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

I would bet on Frost in a DCC style all around like banks, one pocket and 9 ball. I would bet on Morris if it was 8, 9 and 10 ball. They have both have strengths in different games. I don't know about straight pool but that could be interesting and fast paced between the way they shoot. Both are exciting players with lots of firepower.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

Nick

These are my thoughts too and I know some are fine with watching traditional 8 ball and 9 ball but in reality for the pros it is simply too easy.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Thanks for putting this together Lenny. I don't think either of these games are gaff. Lots of strategy in both games and way more fun to watch than break and run games. This is one of the first steams I am really looking forward to outside of one pocket.

Does the 3rd days game have to be a repeat of day 1 or 2? or can it be any game?

Thanks,
Ian

3rd day is voters choice based on people at the venue over the first 2 days selecting the game from these choices which are one pocket, banks, straight pool, 10 ball, Bonus Ball, and Saratoga. I am glad you are looking forward to it and appreciate the support and feedback from everyone.