Stevie Moore parallel shots CTE video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he aimed there, would the ball go into the pocket? Or does he subconsciously aim a bit thinner for the ball to end up in the center of the pocket? Maybe a touch of inside?

Depends on the distance, balls, cloth, humidity etc. Typically you just over cut a tad to split the pocket. Most people don't even know they are doing it because it just becomes natural, plus it is a very small amount of over cut.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really?

Funnier than this?

Lou Figueroa
$10K
cha-ching!

"Visualize, align, pivot, pray." :thumbup:

It's right up there with that video. The only thing is that it is one big laugh, while the video goes on for awhile, yielding additional chuckles.

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Got the graph paper out and looked at the angles.

Shot 1 15*
Shot 2 20*
Shot 3 26*
Shot 4 31*
Shot 5 37*

Beats me too. I would play them with different perspectives the way I use cte. The difference between the angles is 22* so they fall out of the 15* 'family' of shots. Guess I'll have to wait and read the book.

I use a more "Flatland" style of cte I guess.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
"Visualize, align, pivot, pray." :thumbup:

It's right up there with that video. The only thing is that it is one big laugh, while the video goes on for awhile, yielding additional chuckles.

Forgot one

Visualize, align, pivot, pray, miss:thumbup:

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
CTE pro one is an aiming system. It helps you make more balls consistently which is only one aspect of pool. We are all grown men here, so let's start acting accordingly. No ones jumping on your threads and discrediting what you say. You guys sound like a bunch of pool hall bullies with nothing better to do honestly.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Forgot one

Visualize, align, pivot, pray, miss:thumbup:

If my memory serves me correctly, aren't you the same guy who claimed he didn't use any kind of aiming system? Then you clearly described how you align the contact point of the CB with the contact point on the OB to the pocket line but had no idea Contact Point Alignment is the oldest and most classic AIMING SYSTEM in existence. You actually denied and didn't believe a contact point from ball to ball was categorized as an aiming system.

Now you're an expert on CTE as far as what it can or can't do without having one iota of a clue where to even start? :eek: LMAO.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If my memory serves me correctly, aren't you the same guy who claimed he didn't use any kind of aiming system? Then you clearly described how you align the contact point of the CB with the contact point on the OB to the pocket line but had no idea Contact Point Alignment is the oldest and most classic AIMING SYSTEM in existence. You actually denied and didn't believe a contact point from ball to ball was categorized as an aiming system.

Now you're an expert on CTE as far as what it can or can't do without having one iota of a clue where to even start? :eek: LMAO.

Lmao @ everything is a "system" Listen closely - IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE A BALL!!! There is no system to it.

You guys aren't inventing anything. Seriously 38 frickin chapters?

There's not a single one of you that can explain it, and not a one of you can show it.

Keep runnin your trap - it's hilarious
Jason

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Lou, you insisted on playing one pocket. One pocket isn't a shot makers game so much as it is a game of moves. The majority of his mistakes were moves. You had John completely out of his element and into yours, and you knew you'd have a good leg up on him. In spite of your superior knowledge of one pocket, he still gave you a good game. It was no blow out by any means. I'd like to see you play a few sets of 9-ball with him, that would be a far better test of shot making skills.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

John made some bad moves on the 2nd day right off the bat but could have closed Lou out with more forethought. They were almost tied at the start of the 2nd day even with a 2-3 game spot by John at the beginning of day 1.

Nit Lou only put 2 grand of his own money up and was staked for the other 8 grand. John put all of his own money up except for about $500.

Who had more pressure? That kind of money makes even the butts of pro players
pucker. There would never have been a match if Lou had to put up all 10 grand himself. Too cheap and no heart = NIT but now bragging like he's a great player and gambler. Typical Lou.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Lmao @ everything is a "system" Listen closely - IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE A BALL!!! There is no system to it.

You guys aren't inventing anything. Seriously 38 frickin chapters?

There's not a single one of you that can explain it, and not a one of you can show it.

Keep runnin your trap - it's hilarious
Jason

You need to do some reading and studying at least for here to interact intelligently. If you think Contact Point aiming is the ONLY way to make a ball, not only do you have a lot to learn but you're sadly mistaken and I'd venture to say the entire forum would laugh at you and disagree. Some use fractions of the balls, or overlaps, or as Shane uses the ferrule on his cue, or shadows, or lights, or 90/90, etc., etc. The list goes on and they're all referred to as AIMING SYSTEMS which includes contact point aiming.

No need to be a bookworm to develop as a great player like many great old time pro players have proven over the years.

As far as explaining anything, you can't even construct one lucid and intelligent sentence about CTE yet here you are running your trap - it's insanity.

You should have stayed chained to your bed.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John would be the first to tell you or anyone that he was too "lazy" to learn my approach.
John used his approach-period.

On the other hand you just recently stated here on AZ that you do not know how to align from day to day.....one day-one way the next day another way........unbelievable that you won't seek help.

I can explain the lines and you will not bet against me doing just that.

Landon has won 7 national championships using DVD1 DVD2 information.....I did not stop...I am a perfectionist in that regard.

Stan Shuffett

Absolute baloney.

JB was totally committed to your system in the lead up to our match. Even during the match, when he'd occasionally fluke in a cut or bank, he'd yell out: CTE, baby!

Here, let me refresh your memory:

#####

Quote JB Cases
At Stan Shuffett's house.
I have been here for three days training. This man is a national treasure when it comes to pool instruction.

Not only does he tell he shows. What Andi and I have witnessed these past days has been nothing short of incredible.

My game is at least one to two balls better already.

Right now I am practicing some of what I have learned on the immaculate ten footer. This is Stan's sanctuary and I am listening to Roseanne Cash on some of the best equipment built.

This has been a great journey to the big match and it's experiences like this that are worth much more than money. Stan loves pool and it is a joy to be around him. Stan is giving my road partner Andi a lesson in the training room with another perfect Diamond in it.

Quote JB Cases
I actually feel sad for folks like you who think that this is just some sort of hocus pocus. I am about to play a match against a guy for $10,000 because he decided to bully me with this very attitude 12 years ago. I am going to rob him on camera in front of 2000 people on the net and a live audience. How am I going to rob him? Simply because I have the key to making shots now, an extremely accurate key. A key created by Hal Houle and further refined by Stan Shuffett that adds hundreds of more shots to my arsenal that I can now consistently make.

Does this require practice? Of course it does. Does it require a disciplined approach? Of course it does. My muscles ache right now from the new body positions I have to adopt to end up on the correct line. But the reward is the sweet sound of the ball hitting the back of the pocket and the sweet lie of the ball on banking where if it doesn't go it lays right in the small half diamond square which is what all one pocket players want. For one pocket especially Stan's methods are the nuts.

Quote JB Cases
I have changed to Stan's way 100%. I will be amending all my videos on YouTube with captions to reflect that and encourage the viewers to go straight to Stan's method. His methods are amazingly accurate.
#####

Own it.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, you insisted on playing one pocket. One pocket isn't a shot makers game so much as it is a game of moves. The majority of his mistakes were moves. You had John completely out of his element and into yours, and you knew you'd have a good leg up on him. In spite of your superior knowledge of one pocket, he still gave you a good game. It was no blow out by any means. I'd like to see you play a few sets of 9-ball with him, that would be a far better test of shot making skills.

I have not played 9ball in years and years. Even nowadays -- when I have played one of perhaps half a dozen sets of 9ball -- I spot my opponent a break and jump cue because I don't carry those.

And frankly 1pocket demands considerably more precision that 9ball. Not only are you often shooting shots that require 18-25' of accuracy, you must be able to precisely play the CB and OB to any point on the table. Just because the ball isn't going into a pocket doesn't mean you don't have a target.

Lastly, it always amuses me how people see my match with JB through different prisms. All I can tell you is that those that really know 1pocket do not share your view.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, in no uncertain terms, is a legit player. Lou, for certain, had a large advantage over John in any game they might would have played.
Personally, I think there was a ZERO chance of Lou matching up in any game with anyone that had a similar superior skill set over him as he had over John. John showed some real heart getting in the grease and had a real chance to pull it off.

Stan Shuffett

"Showing heart" and "going off" look a lot alike.

Lou Figueroa

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolute baloney.

JB was totally committed to your system in the lead up to our match. Even during the match, when he'd occasionally fluke in a cut or bank, he'd yell out: CTE, baby!

Here, let me refresh your memory:

#####

Quote JB Cases
At Stan Shuffett's house.
I have been here for three days training. This man is a national treasure when it comes to pool instruction.

Not only does he tell he shows. What Andi and I have witnessed these past days has been nothing short of incredible.

My game is at least one to two balls better already.

Right now I am practicing some of what I have learned on the immaculate ten footer. This is Stan's sanctuary and I am listening to Roseanne Cash on some of the best equipment built.

This has been a great journey to the big match and it's experiences like this that are worth much more than money. Stan loves pool and it is a joy to be around him. Stan is giving my road partner Andi a lesson in the training room with another perfect Diamond in it.

Quote JB Cases
I actually feel sad for folks like you who think that this is just some sort of hocus pocus. I am about to play a match against a guy for $10,000 because he decided to bully me with this very attitude 12 years ago. I am going to rob him on camera in front of 2000 people on the net and a live audience. How am I going to rob him? Simply because I have the key to making shots now, an extremely accurate key. A key created by Hal Houle and further refined by Stan Shuffett that adds hundreds of more shots to my arsenal that I can now consistently make.

Does this require practice? Of course it does. Does it require a disciplined approach? Of course it does. My muscles ache right now from the new body positions I have to adopt to end up on the correct line. But the reward is the sweet sound of the ball hitting the back of the pocket and the sweet lie of the ball on banking where if it doesn't go it lays right in the small half diamond square which is what all one pocket players want. For one pocket especially Stan's methods are the nuts.

Quote JB Cases
I have changed to Stan's way 100%. I will be amending all my videos on YouTube with captions to reflect that and encourage the viewers to go straight to Stan's method. His methods are amazingly accurate.
#####

Own it.

Lou Figueroa

There is follow-up conversation by John that clearly states what I indicated.

John's own method of CTE has been ingrained within his personal approach for years.
He has stated that he did not give my instructions any type of proper effort. Perhaps John will chime in. These comments can be recovered and I will bet a lot on the recovery of his comments to prove my position.
John did not leave my facility prepared to take a hew method into battle. He also stated that.
He did not practice the info that was done with me.......Afterwards, He travelled around from place to place doing things other than practice and finally the EXPO. Regardless, He did not have enough time anyway. CTE is a complete playing system that takes dedicated effort over time to put into place.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is follow-up conversation by John that clearly states what I indicated.

John's own method of CTE has been ingrained within his personal approach for years.
He has stated that he did not give my instructions any type of proper effort. Perhaps John will chime in. These comments can be recovered and I will bet a lot on the recovery of his comments to prove my position.
John did not leave my facility prepared to take a hew method into battle. He also stated that.
He did not practice the info that was done with me.......Afterwards, He travelled around from place to place doing things other than practice and finally the EXPO. Regardless, He did not have enough time anyway. CTE is a complete playing system that takes dedicated effort over time to put into place.

Stan Shuffett

Are you really saying that JB's decade of being the staunchest, most vicious, adamant proponent of CTE, along with his Pro1 DVD study, the countless youtube videos he made, 15 hours of personalized instruction from the Grand Poobah of CTE in your training facility, and a month to practice is not enough to successfully deploy the system?! Are you really saying that a person with a life, a family, and a job will not have enough time to successfully use your system?!

JB was not some newb off the street. He's a decent pool player and a dyed-in-the-wool CTE believer. If there is no hope for him to successfully learn and implement your system, then clearly, there is no hope for anyone.

Lou Figueroa

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE: Major Requirement

Real CTE is based on the fact that just 3-6 foundational visual alignments exists for pocketing balls on a 2x1 table. There is literally a zillion possible CB OB positionings.
A student can be taught the visuals but it is the student that must learn to recognize the correct alignments. It will not happen in a short time and it won't happen without dedicated effort.
Besides that, students must learn cue angling direction whether inside or outside.
It would take an ignoramus that proclaims to know CTE and assert that learning CTE is possible in a short time and without supreme focused. John clearly stated that he did neither of the two.
The effort for learning to know CB OB CTE relationships and proper pivot directions is too much work for some. CTE is not an overnight deal. Think in terms of months or longer. But the effort is worth it......Many players spend years and up to a lifetime and never learn to properly align as Lou recently stated about his battle of inconsistent alignments.
I can teach alignments but I can't do the job of sorting out the few alignments that must be mastered by immediate recognition during competition.....not my job. It is very doable though for any serious player that wants to learn how to really align.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you really saying that JB's decade of being the staunchest, most vicious, adamant proponent of CTE, along with his Pro1 DVD study, the countless youtube videos he made, 15 hours of personalized instruction from the Grand Poobah of CTE in your training facility, and a month to practice is not enough to successfully deploy the system?! Are you really saying that a person with a life, a family, and a job will not have enough time to successfully use your system?!

JB was not some newb off the street. He's a decent pool player and a dyed-in-the-wool CTE believer. If there is no hope for him to successfully learn and implement your system, then clearly, there is no hope for anyone.

Lou Figueroa

John used his own version of CTE and likely still does.....It is apples and oranges to what I teach.
Let's get together and view John's YouTube material and then I will give you a free lesson so that you can understand what I am saying. After book release.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Real CTE is based on the fact that just 3-6 foundational visual alignments exists for pocketing balls on a 2x1 table. There is literally a zillion possible CB OB positionings.
A student can be taught the visuals but it is the student that must learn to recognize the correct alignments. It will not happen in a short time and it won't happen without dedicated effort.
Besides that, students must learn cue angling direction whether inside or outside.
It would take an ignoramus that proclaims to know CTE and assert that learning CTE is possible in a short time and without supreme focused. John clearly stated that he did neither of the two.
The effort for learning to know CB OB CTE relationships and proper pivot directions is too much work for some. CTE is not an overnight deal. Think in terms of months or longer. But the effort is worth it......Many players spend years and up to a lifetime and never learn to properly align as Lou recently stated about his battle of inconsistent alignments.
I can teach alignments but I can't do the job of sorting out the few alignments that must be mastered by immediate recognition during competition.....not my job. It is very doable though for any serious player that wants to learn how to really align.

Stan Shuffett

If JB cannot make it work then who?

John had every motivation in the world to learn a system that would do all you claim. There was his personal dislike of me, 15 years of bickering on the internet, his desire to prove once and for all that CTE was superior to playing by feel, and there was the not so small issue of $10,000.

He had his past experience with the system, personal time with you, and a month to learn.

If that isn't enough to motivate a man to learn it, then who?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John used his own version of CTE and likely still does.....It is apples and oranges to what I teach.
Let's get together and view John's YouTube material and then I will give you a free lesson so that you can understand what I am saying. After book release.

Stan Shuffett

Why in the world would he do that if yours is superior, if it's all it's cracked up to be?

Your biggest most consistent beef with anyone who has seen your DVDs -- and not been able to make the system work -- is that they did not come to the material with an open heart and mind. If John's heart and mind were not open to learning your system, then who?

This is nothing but a bunch of world class crawfishing. You can disavow it all you want. You can now try and distance yourself from his performance and all he said after spending 15 hours with you but you will never be able to untangle yourself from this Tar-Baby.

Lou Figueroa

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If JB cannot make it work then who?

John had every motivation in the world to learn a system that would do all you claim. There was his personal dislike of me, 15 years of bickering on the internet, his desire to prove once and for all that CTE was superior to playing by feel, and there was the not so small issue of $10,000.

He had his past experience with the system, personal time with you, and a month to learn.

If that isn't enough to motivate a man to learn it, then who?

Lou Figueroa

You still do not get it! Perhaps if you took me up on training you'd have a proper perspective.
Bottom line:,John is not able to competively use my lessons.

I can arrange some sets for you with Tyler Styer. He is in your area right now. Can he contact you for setting up some games?

Stan Shuffett

Status
Not open for further replies.