Cte finally explained?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear Stan and CTE enthusiasts:

Please note that I am utilizing the CTE methods as seen on your video's, John Barton and a host of others on YouTube. I am addressing primarily beginner, mid-level players and senior citizens which I teach daily. I have highly recommended you as the CTE Professional whose training is the correct CTE method and repeatedly mentioned to viewer's to check your www.justcueit.com website which is actually listed in one of my video's for those seeking advanced training.

This is CTE in my View and how I morphed it in my learning and how I use it... and it Works! It may not conform to all of CTE methods as CTE is so complex, but for basic aiming instruction I feel it does the job. I have received a large amount of positives that many people now understand CTE better! I am not seeking monies, nor fame, just seeking to provide a little more knowledge on the concept and to sell my Mini Bead Counter.

I hope you understand this is NOT taking anything away from you and in fact may bring a new light to CTE and I believe will drive those more interested in learning CTE to your website and hopefully purchase your CD's and eventual book.

Regards,
Howard Berger

Is your misleading title for selling your mini-bead counter? Don't bother to answer.,

You have my material and you should darnn well know that I was the first to tie real CTE with cue ball edge aiming, CCB and pivoting. So, you can say whatever the heck it is that you want but your series is a lift from my work.
Your title is beyond pissy. It makes me sick!
And you say what you are doing WORKS! That is more misleading BS. What you are presenting is heavily feel based and is NOT Center to Edge Aiming.
You have not been granted permission to use any of my work.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Please note that I am utilizing the CTE methods as seen on your video's, John Barton and a host of others on YouTube. I am addressing primarily beginner, mid-level players and senior citizens which I teach daily. I have highly recommended you as the CTE Professional whose training is the correct CTE method and repeatedly mentioned to viewer's to check your www.justcueit.com website which is actually listed in one of my video's for those seeking advanced training.

This is CTE in my View and how I morphed it in my learning and how I use it... and it Works! It may not conform to all of CTE methods as CTE is so complex, but for basic aiming instruction I feel it does the job. I have received a large amount of positives that many people now understand CTE better! I am not seeking monies, nor fame, just seeking to provide a little more knowledge on the concept and to sell my Mini Bead Counter.

I hope you understand this is NOT taking anything away from you and in fact may bring a new light to CTE and I believe will drive those more interested in learning CTE to your website and hopefully purchase your CD's and eventual book.

Regards,
Howard Berger

Howard CTE as you explain it is not CTE as Stan teaches it but contains elements of what STAN brought to this method of aiming. In fact I don't even know if it was called CTE before Stan started teaching aiming in earnest.

All of us who do videos on the subject have to be very careful to acknowledge that what we are presenting has it's origins in what Stan has developed. And we need to be very very very clear that what we are showing is not touted as "secrets revealed" "Finally explained" "How to beat your friends" etc... those are sensationalist titles that indicate to the viewer that the information is the "final" word on the subject.

There is a difference between being a cheerleader and an instructor. To be an instructor in CTE requires a lot more knowledge and consistency than I have and more than you have shown. To be clear I do "instruct" in the course of promoting CTE but I am deferential and clear to give credit and point viewers to the source so that they can get clear examples of how it looks when it's really done the right way.

I ask you respectfully to please honor the work that Stan has done and to think about the fact that you could be doing more harm to the topic of CTE aiming than good. I think that your intentions are good but when the information you present is incomplete it can have the effect of people stopping there. I understand that it's intoxicating to find a great aiming system that really works. But the proper application is much deeper than what you present.

I believe it's ok to be a cheerleader on the subject and to do videos on it. But remember that being a cheerleader means you are promoting the team that is actually doing the work that gives you something to cheer for.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You didn't start the CTE craze. You are taking yourself way too seriously. It's beginning to get comical.

Actually he kinda did. Him and a few others took over where Hal left off and brought these methods of aiming to the public eye in a much larger way than Hal ever did.

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He who laughs first does not always laugh last.

Stan Shuffett

So because you spentthelast 10 years trying to reverse- engineer Hal's work, this gives you "ownership" to the CTE dynasty? You've done great work, don't tarnish that with this pettiness?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howard CTE as you explain it is not CTE as Stan teaches it but contains elements of what STAN brought to this method of aiming. In fact I don't even know if it was called CTE before Stan started teaching aiming in earnest.

All of us who do videos on the subject have to be very careful to acknowledge that what we are presenting has it's origins in what Stan has developed. And we need to be very very very clear that what we are showing is not touted as "secrets revealed" "Finally explained" "How to beat your friends" etc... those are sensationalist titles that indicate to the viewer that the information is the "final" word on the subject.

There is a difference between being a cheerleader and an instructor. To be an instructor in CTE requires a lot more knowledge and consistency than I have and more than you have shown. To be clear I do "instruct" in the course of promoting CTE but I am deferential and clear to give credit and point viewers to the source so that they can get clear examples of how it looks when it's really done the right way.

I ask you respectfully to please honor the work that Stan has done and to think about the fact that you could be doing more harm to the topic of CTE aiming than good. I think that your intentions are good but when the information you present is incomplete it can have the effect of people stopping there. I understand that it's intoxicating to find a great aiming system that really works. But the proper application is much deeper than what you present.

I believe it's ok to be a cheerleader on the subject and to do videos on it. But remember that being a cheerleader means you are promoting the team that is actually doing the work that gives you something to cheer for.

Many thanks for this post, John. I wish that I could slam the heel of my hand down on a large ringing LIKE button. You have said what I can't easily convey.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So because you spentthelast 10 years trying to reverse- engineer Hal's work, this gives you "ownership" to the CTE dynasty? You've done great work, don't tarnish that with this pettiness?

Call it petty if you want......I have not tried to reverse engineer CTE. TRY is a weakling of a word.......I have successfully done so and it's over. My intentions have been to share it with the world for free by way of online. My concerns are real as evidenced by the impetus of this thread.....my proposed free presentation can be stolen by anyone to create their own series. All that is necessary is to alter it a little.
The pettiness of my book project consists of 3 years entailing 3000 hours of work and then there's the 40 thousand dollars for publishing. And then there is $20,000 of lost income this year because I put lessons on hold.

I am glad to be shedding light on this topic NOW rather than later.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

GoldenFlash

Banned
Regards,
Howard Berger
Sir...
When I see these videos, one thought keeps going through my head.
I would like to see more shots made of when the guy has you jammed up in the pocket or on the rail and that money ball is way down there on the other end...("light years away").
These demonstration shots you've provided are very simple.
When the cueball is in a bad spot as I mentioned...THAT is when the stroke issues come into play, in my opinion. The "stroke is the thing" guys have good points when discussing this. Especially on a long straight-in with the cue ball on the rail or just a few inches off the rail. THAT is where the rubber hits the road
If you're going to do demos, those long, miserable, shots are the way to convince the skeptical multitudes. Stan Shuffett does this in his demos.
Also watching his son, Landon, send Strickland into a coma on that "big bertha" table was strong enough for me

Last edited:

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call it petty if you want......I have not tried to reverse engineer CTE. TRY is a weakling of a word.......I have successfully done so and it's over. My intentions have been to share it with the world for free by way of online. My concerns are real as evidence by the impetus of this thread.....my presentation can be stolen by anyone to create their own series. All that is necessary is to alter it a little.
Then there's the pettiness of 3!years and 3000 hours of work and 40 thousand for publishing. And then there is $20,000 of lost income this year because I put lessons on hold.

Yes, I am petty if you want but I am glad to be shedding light on this topic NOW rather than later.

Stan Shuffett

Petty is claiming someone is stealing your ideas, then saying the same person got it wrong.

That said, I think your body of work is safe.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Petty is claiming someone is stealing your ideas, then saying the same person got it wrong.

That said, I think your body of work is safe.

The concepts that I put together were taken by this person and then presented as being THE explanation for CTE and nothing could be further from the truth. It is a misrepresentation of my work with CTE.
That's the problem! He is showing how easy it is to take someone's work. I have legitimate concerns on how to best proceed with presenting the closing aspects for CTE.

Stan Shuffett

Elephant Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The concepts that I put together were taken by this person and then presented as being THE explanation for CTE and nothing could be further from the truth. It is a misrepresentation of my work with CTE.
That's the problem! He is showing how easy it is to take someone's work. I have legitimate concerns on how to best proceed with presenting the closing aspects for CTE.

Stan Shuffett

I think it is YOU capitalizing from the term "CTE" when in fact you have developed something else. Since you refused to look at pivot point or gave up before you figured it out you were forced to make it work in another way. You have too much time, work and money invested now to turn back it seems.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is YOU capitalizing from the term "CTE" when in fact you have developed something else. Since you refused to look at pivot point or gave up before you figured it out you were forced to make it work in another way. You have too much time, work and money invested now to turn back it seems.

Hal Houle confirmed to Dave Segal that what I am doing is, in fact, CTE and not just some version.
I have not developed anything for my own purpose but rather have sought to unravel what CTE is and I have done exactly that.
I thoroughly understand pivot and what it is and what it isn't. Pivot point is a nothing aspect of real CTE. I repeat: NOTHING
I have not been forced to do anything. CTE is what it is. I have peeled the layers away over the years and will present CTE in its absolute most purest form.
You don't know me very well if you think I have not succeeded in what I set out to accomplish.

Stan Shuffett

Elephant Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hal Houle confirmed to Dave Segal that what I am doing is, in fact, CTE and not just some version.
I have not developed anything for my own purpose but rather have sought to unravel what CTE is and I have done exactly that.
I thoroughly understand pivot and what it is and what it isn't. Pivot point is a nothing aspect of real CTE. I repeat: NOTHING
I have not been forced to do anything. CTE is what it is. I have peeled the layers away over the years and will present CTE in its absolute most purest form.
You don't know me very well if you think I have not succeeded in what I set out to accomplish.

Stan Shuffett

No sir, don't know you too well but I do think you have succeeded in what you set out to accomplish and I look forward to your presentation. Especially the part about making the same shot/angle with a CB/OB distance of 6 inches and the same shot/angle with a CB/OB distance of 6 feet. Simple really.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No sir, don't know you too well but I do think you have succeeded in what you set out to accomplish and I look forward to your presentation. Especially the part about making the same shot/angle with a CB/OB distance of 6 inches and the same shot/angle with a CB/OB distance of 6 feet. Simple really.

It's visual and I thoroughly understand how to apply it and explain it. Was not easy to figure it out but I did. My goal is to share it online and by book. The book is a done deal.

Stan Shuffett

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few individuals have contacted me about a person starting a YouTube series: CTE FINALLY EXPLAINED.
I have not given anyone permission to start a CTE series based on my knowledge for CTE PRO ONE.
I am unable to contact this person for asking him to take the material down, Plus, what is being shown is not CTE.

This inconsiderate action gives me reason to rethink my free online series and even my book. Why should I continue down this road if a few others are going to reteach my material and most likely slaughter the content. I am the one that has invested thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dolllars......why, so someone else can come along scoop it up for their own benefit. I guess it's legal but I think it's highly unethical.
I am passionate about resolving every single detail concerning CTE. I can honestly say that my journey has been passion first with business a distant second. Ultimately though, pool is my business and for the life of me I can not understand why someone would produce a video series based totally on my work proclaiming to finally explain CTE. It's insulting!

Let's say this individual does 25 YouTube videos based on my current material. How many more would he do based on my proposed free update series? How many will he do based on the content in my book? I think that my concerns are well worth airing out.

Stan Shuffett

Is not CTE a founding of Hal's

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pirates exist in all forms nowadays, yet those that produce a good product and have a loyal fan base will still do just fine...first, if it isn't the same information, is there a copyright issue??? Do you have a copyright or a trademark on the Term CTE...or is your trademark on Pro One...confusing, regardless, you have a loyal following it seems, make your new stuff available to them and let word of mouth do the rest, if your product is solid, this shouldn't end you. Overreacting to every little thing however, just might. And this seems like a bit of an overreaction....especially since the guy has 11000 views...on his oldest video that is all of 6 minutes long....I would think a short concise 2 minute youtube video from you directing people to your free videos would do the trick and get them more interested in your content than this 18 min series that has you losing your wits.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is not CTE a founding of Hal's

Yes, but what does CTE entail? What are the details for CTE?

Hal chose to not explain the intracies of CTE all in one bundle. He mostly kept the details to himself. He parcelled out bits and pieces.

Hal confirmed with Dave Segal that I did figure out CTE......although I must say that properly describing CTE has been a multi-year task.

Hal gave me his full blessing in producing my first video.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited: