Ordering a JB case

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ok, John. I confirm I have my refund. This thread was about the waiting time on a JB case. I showed an example where it can be very late. If you changed your policy on delivery, that's great business for you. Even though, when I'm behind on a workload, I try to finish off my workload before taking new orders including the "others" that are waiting longer than me. But hey, it's not my company, you run things how you can keep your company fit, no hard feelings.
If you can have Marcel the case made in a reasonable time, I will pay for it, no problem. Everyone on AZB can know I agree to this. But respect that I do need a case to put away my 3000 dollar set (sure there are people that spend way more), so if you can't/won't provide it in reasonable time, let me know. If you can, I'd still be happy to own a JB case.
This where drama ends, we've come to understanding. Good luck

Just so everyone understands how my shop is set up.

We have several departments. One is strictly for constructing the leather cases. One is for doing any new case designs/prototypes, one is for constructing the nylon cases. One is for tooling. One for cutting parts.

At the moment I am down to one tooler where we previously had three. And for the prototyping I don't have anyone, down from two. This is what happens in a small shop when you lose people and aren't able to replace them right away.

It's not a straight linear order in/order out process for all the orders. We are trying to make it that way as much as possible but with custom work it's simply not that easy. I wish it were and with more resources I could definitely get more of the high end work and the special request work done faster.

I don't think that there is really another shop like ours in pool and very few in the world that I have seen.

People have the idea that in China there are thousands of workers for every job but that's simply not true. Especially in a shop like mine where most of my employees have to do more than one job. Most factory employees here prefer to have the type of work where they do one thing only and don't have to think to much about it. They get a basket of parts set in front of them and they sew those parts together. That's not how it works in my shop so it's really hard to find people willing to take on the extra burden of being concientious about the work. And it's not just a matter of pay either, I pay above the going rate, they simply don't want the stress of having to think about the many different ways to put a case together. Therefore it hurts me a lot when we lose a member of the staff who could think and interpret custom orders.

That's simply the reality of it. I wish we had a long list of applicants for every job we have but that's not what it's like on the ground here. Yesterday I saw a small textile factory shut down, not because they don't have orders but because they don't have enough workers.

But we will get the case done Jens, and when it's done you will love it I am sure.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
and MINE????????? It is simple to reply Emails JOHN, please not say you don't have time as you posted here many time and open new Threads too.
It is SIMPLE, talk with your Customers:wink:

Thanks,
Ralf- I WANT THAT CASE and you know that:boring2::bow-down::welcome:

albu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TO REPEAT:

If you order a case now and we DO NOT ship it by the time we quoted you the the case is FREE to you except for shipping, we still have to charge for that.

So if I quote you 9 weeks and we deliver in 10 you get a full refund. We don't intend to have to pay off on this ever but that is my guarantee to all of you who are thinking about ordering a JB Case. We now have our system pretty well in place for most anything other than really far out requests. And if we decide to take on the far-out requests then we will plan accordingly and the guarantee still applies.

I have a four days quote :thumbup:

SplicedPoints

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John, I'm torn between taking that gorgeous Whitten you have for sale and placing a order for a customized nylon 2x4.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John, I'm torn between taking that gorgeous Whitten you have for sale and placing a order for a customized nylon 2x4.

I know you like Whittens and this one is a real beauty. So much so that I was impressed enough to send Joe a note expressing my admiration when I got it.

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok I just finished drawing my idea, although now I want to tweak it but it was just for jb and his crew to have an idea of what I'm looking for to make it easier on them. I know from trying to get softball jerseys designed that going back and forth from scratch trying to get the image in my head to the other guys head is just a pain so I hope it helps. Time to begin the ordering process. And 10 weeks or 6 months if its the best protection for my new cue then ill be waiting for it. Rushing into something that offers less protection could potentially ding my new custom titlist and I can't sleep with a 1500$ ding

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
TO REPEAT:

If you order a case now and we DO NOT ship it by the time we quoted you the the case is FREE to you except for shipping, we still have to charge for that.

So if I quote you 9 weeks and we deliver in 10 you get a full refund. We don't intend to have to pay off on this ever but that is my guarantee to all of you who are thinking about ordering a JB Case. We now have our system pretty well in place for most anything other than really far out requests. And if we decide to take on the far-out requests then we will plan accordingly and the guarantee still applies.

John this is the first I'm hearing of this..............
I ordered my modified 1960 Mason case back on November 27th 2012

April 10th 2013 (AZ Billiards PM) You told me you were sorry but my order had "slipped through the cracks"

April 16th 2013 I get an email saying my case would ship by May 13th

May 17th I get an email with photos attached of my case ready for shipment
The problem being that the case was not built as I ordered it.

Does all this qualify for your new "free case policy" with only the shipping to pay for?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John this is the first I'm hearing of this..............
I ordered my modified 1960 Mason case back on November 27th 2012

April 10th 2013 (AZ Billiards PM) You told me you were sorry but my order had "slipped through the cracks"

April 16th 2013 I get an email saying my case would ship by May 13th

May 17th I get an email with photos attached of my case ready for shipment
The problem being that the case was not built as I ordered it.

Does all this qualify for your new "free case policy" with only the shipping to pay for?

No.

Probably going to scrap that policy as well. One or two people are out for any length of time it slows us down too much. I need 30 people to insure the productive capacity of 15.

albu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No.

Probably going to scrap that policy as well. One or two people are out for any length of time it slows us down too much. I need 30 people to insure the productive capacity of 15.

Haha,it's not true,you build my case fast,only few days :D

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Haha,it's not true,you build my case fast,only few days :D

Only because you bought one that was already made and then changed your mind and wanted the strap on the back. So it was easier to build a new one rather than take the existing one apart. It's these sorts of things that also slow us down. I can't say no to anyone and whether we have the capacity or not I still take on every project.

Any given case only takes a few days to a week to build it if that's ALL we work on. But when you are juggling 30-40 orders constantly then any issue disrupts the flow.

It's funny but everyone outside of China thinks that there are 1000 people lined up outside every factory and shop looking for work. They think it's so easy to find people who are skilled and willing to do quality work. That's just not true. And right now it's less true than ever. For a small shop like mine it's very hard to attract top quality staff that sticks around. And it's not money either, I pay better than the surrounding factories for less actual work. People come and go here for many reasons, mostly family issues. There is no sick leave or vacation time, people simply leave. One day they are there and the next day they are gone for as long as they need to be gone and if you have a job for them when they are ready to work again great and if you don't they move on to another place easily.

People leave because they don't like a colleague, lost face, they leave if they think they are not doing a good job, they leave because their brother got them a job at another factory and they don't want him to lose face, the reasons are plenty and it's simply HARD to depend on a staff that is not dependable. I have 15 people but I need 30 to count on the amount of output that 15 should be able to do. This is because I could then count on 25 of them showing up each day.

That's life on the ground in China for me. Not every factory works the same way but most of them face labor availability issues to more or less the same degree.

And I am not even a factory, we are small workshop. Maybe the staff sees it differently, work is work after all. But in a small shop like mine losing a couple people every couple weeks hurts a lot more than in a factory setting where things are done on an assembly line process and it is possible to plug in one person for another in some jobs. For us each person requires specialized training to handle each aspect of the case making. When they leave that training walks out with them.

albu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:wink:
Only because you bought one that was already made and then changed your mind and wanted the strap on the back. So it was easier to build a new one rather than take the existing one apart. It's these sorts of things that also slow us down. I can't say no to anyone and whether we have the capacity or not I still take on every project.

Any given case only takes a few days to a week to build it if that's ALL we work on. But when you are juggling 30-40 orders constantly then any issue disrupts the flow.

It's funny but everyone outside of China thinks that there are 1000 people lined up outside every factory and shop looking for work. They think it's so easy to find people who are skilled and willing to do quality work. That's just not true. And right now it's less true than ever. For a small shop like mine it's very hard to attract top quality staff that sticks around. And it's not money either, I pay better than the surrounding factories for less actual work. People come and go here for many reasons, mostly family issues. There is no sick leave or vacation time, people simply leave. One day they are there and the next day they are gone for as long as they need to be gone and if you have a job for them when they are ready to work again great and if you don't they move on to another place easily.

People leave because they don't like a colleague, lost face, they leave if they think they are not doing a good job, they leave because their brother got them a job at another factory and they don't want him to lose face, the reasons are plenty and it's simply HARD to depend on a staff that is not dependable. I have 15 people but I need 30 to count on the amount of output that 15 should be able to do. This is because I could then count on 25 of them showing up each day.

That's life on the ground in China for me. Not every factory works the same way but most of them face labor availability issues to more or less the same degree.

And I am not even a factory, we are small workshop. Maybe the staff sees it differently, work is work after all. But in a small shop like mine losing a couple people every couple weeks hurts a lot more than in a factory setting where things are done on an assembly line process and it is possible to plug in one person for another in some jobs. For us each person requires specialized training to handle each aspect of the case making. When they leave that training walks out with them.

Offcourse i was joking with you,after all the pain you give me past months, :grin-square: ,on the other hand i understand what are your problems...belive or not in my country this is the way of living ,i know the story soooo good :wink:

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member

same as in Thailand, NEVER want loose the Face:angry:
if you not have the right Stuff for MY CASE, it's easy to say no, but not reply me is not fair(you not want to loose your Face:p)
think about on that
Ralf

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
same as in Thailand, NEVER want loose the Face:angry:
if you not have the right Stuff for MY CASE, it's easy to say no, but not reply me is not fair(you not want to loose your Face:p)
think about on that
Ralf

I told you I would do a wonderful case for you and I will. I didn't ask you for any money and when the case is done you can take it or not depending on how you like it.

Sometimes it's best to just wait for something really good. You still have the best case I ever made and why was it the best? Because I poured a lot more into it due to being late and wanting to please you.

When you see the case if you don't take it I will be very surprised. Makes no sense for me to give you a bunch of excuses.

I don't want to talk about this anymore. If anyone who has an order in with me wants to cancel then go ahead. I don't know when I will get the "big" cases done. Working on it as best we can with the people I have. Right now I have Dino "the artist" Copreros here working on designs, I have Marcel "Mr. Orders" Lim working on orders, I have Karen "The Queen of Color" doing the coloring, "Salvadore" Dali is up in the mountains tooling his nuts off.

If you want to talk to me about your orders then contact me on skype. my handle is jbideas and it takes 2 minutes to set up skype. You can call me or chat or video chat.

Someday we will have it all figured out and the cases will get done on time every time. We are getting there but it's still slow going.

Ralf, your case is going to be the nuts. Really the NUTS. I know what you want me to do, I know what we are up against and I am SURE you will be happy with it.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
hi John,
okay I will wait. Money was never a problem if you told me you need them.
I was ONLY frustrated as you not contact me, that's it not more.
Palace Garden won 3 weeks ago a Case Battle Award
:grin:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
hi John,
okay I will wait. Money was never a problem if you told me you need them.
I was ONLY frustrated as you not contact me, that's it not more.
Palace Garden won 3 weeks ago a Case Battle Award
:grin:

Wow that was some tough competition. Glad to hear we and you won. Without your insistence that case would not have made it to life.

I didn't want to ask you for any money yet. I already owe many people who have paid for big cases and I don't want to add to that burden.

When it's done, you will be eager to send me the money. :)