Moori Tips

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't to Canadians but many of your distributors will.
The part that I find funny is that you will never find out the Dealers that will.

I will avoid Kamui tips at all cost and won't pay Canadian dealer prices for them if I did.

The main reason I avoid them is because of the US distributor.

OK, I did buy a piece of chalk as I wanted to see what all the hype was about. So far I can play one game of 8 ball on one chalking. I can take 3 to 4 shots on one chalking with a piece of Blue Diamond or Pre Flag Master chalk too.

It is kind of cool to fool around with but I don't think its 25 dollar cool.

I let quite a few players try it, only after cleaning the old chalk off and scuffing their tip.

Most of them felt that they were losing cue ball control toward the end of the game.

Which is one heck of a great reason to chalk after every shot.
I totally agree with the last 2 sentences.When I watched Mika promote the chalk he was still chalking every shot.
When it comes down to common sense and pool 101,players are taught to chalk every shot.Even that they say you can chalk once a game,I had
to ask myself,if I was hill-hill and I had a open runout to win the event,
would I just chalk once with Kamui Chalk or would I chalk after each shot?Anyone that would say they would just chalk once for the runout
would be flat out lying in my opinion.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I supported moori for a number of years, at least 10.
I still stock moori tips, but for the last year or so I really like kamui.
I purchase all of my kamui product from one of the Canadian dealers.......
I love the product, but as with others, I wish there were better margins on the tips, and chalk.
As authorized installers, we should be able to make a premium dollar to install and supply these premium tips.
Especially if end users always seem to be able to get the tips for the same price as I can, or cheaper even.
I wish I was as unscrupulous as some of these non-installer guys who can get the same product as I get, for lower prices.
The only problem I see with kamui is the pricing to us is not as good as I think it can be.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
That was another issue I had Darcy. I never did expect to get rich repairing cues. Its mostly for the knowledge and a hobby. My repairs support my hobby just fine. However, why would I push Kamui tips, paying $5 and even more for Kamui than the average tip that I stock and install.

I could have easily pushed Kamui over anything else I stock but its not worth my while. People are happy with Mooris, Talisman, Wizard, Everest and Sniper.

And now, The All New Black King tips have proven quite well. Lots of room for profit there and they are a great tip to boot.

More on the Chalk review later. I have played at least six nights with it but I do want to be fair about it before I give my 100% verdict.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I don't mind the black king, it's a quality tip,
Not a whole lot cheaper than a kamui.... Especially for a new to market tip.
I have only talked a few people into trying them here so far.
I really do love the chalk.
I haven't had a person give me any bad feedback on it yet.
There's a few well known players in town that have asked me for some. These guys are kinda notorious for not giving their money away
If they are spending the loot on it, there's gotta be something to the hype :)

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Since I can't help myself.

A: I agree with Joe Barringer and everyone else who thinks they should be able to set their own prices and not worry about getting strong armed with the threat of having their distributorship yanked.

B: I can handle charging 30 a tip. I include cleaning and recondition on shaft for that, so I don't feel bad.

C: I have a difficult time with the price of the chalk and Gator Grip, although I think the latter is a great product.

StrokeAnalyzer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since were on the topic of ridiculous pricing....how about a shaft cleaning product thats $250 a gallon!

Unique's shaft cleaner is $7.95 for 4oz. Do the math.

In fact ALL Unique's cleaning/conditioning products are $250 a gallon.

I suspect most of you have never thought about the pricing like that.

25 year old Single malt scotch might be a better cleaner and its cheaper.

If its not better, drink and enjoy! :wink:

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Since were on the topic of ridiculous pricing....how about a shaft cleaning product thats $250 a gallon!

In fact ALL Unique's cleaning/conditioning products are $250 a gallon.

25 year old Single malt scotch might be a better cleaner and its cheaper.

Wow, I never did the math!
It may seem like a lot, but I did a little math of my own....
A bottle of uniques shaft cleaner lasts me around 75 cleanings or so.
Even if it lasts for only 50 cleanings, at 15.00 a pop(that's what I charge) that's 750.00 in revenue......
I love that margin and will pay the cost all day, and I do.
What I don't like is when I can only make my 15.00 to put on a kamui tip that a customer has purchased himself for the same price I pay, or even less than I pay.
On an ultra premium tip like the kamui black, I should be able to charge 25.00 to put it on, and that's the margin I need to make on those tips in order to stock them.

cuemaker03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
since were on the topic of ridiculous pricing....how about a shaft cleaning product thats $250 a gallon!

In fact all unique's cleaning/conditioning products are $250 a gallon.

25 year old single malt scotch might be a better cleaner and its cheaper.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
Since I can't help myself.

A: I agree with Joe Barringer and everyone else who thinks they should be able to set their own prices and not worry about getting strong armed with the threat of having their distributorship yanked.

B: I can handle charging 30 a tip. I include cleaning and recondition on shaft for that, so I don't feel bad.

C: I have a difficult time with the price of the chalk and Gator Grip, although I think the latter is a great product.

I would rather staple my nutsack to a burning cactus than pay $25 for a cube of chalk. Well, maybe not staple my teabag to something, but i wont buy $25 chalk. :thumbup:

Joe

DanO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a few pieces of the chalk to try and I will say I will not go back. I have blown much more money on my building hobby than loosing sleep over what chalk I use. To me it was like turning on a light switch for improving my game. I don’t care about chalking or not chalking for a full rack. My biggest improvement has been less long shot deflection. Maybe it’s the combination of my shaft, ferrule, and tip I’m using with the chalk, but all I know is that it works for me. Up till 6 weeks ago I was using Blue Diamond. Anyone want to buy some Blue diamond? I have a half of box.

Sorry this is off topic of the original post.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Anyone want to buy some Blue diamond? I have a half of box.

Don't know if you were joking but if you were serious, PM me on the price.

I will take BD over Kamui. Thats not to say that I am not a tiny bit impressed with the Kamui. Its just too expensive to chalk every shot.
Thats what I do, if I am going to use Kamui chalk, I will chalk after every shot. Too pricey for that kind of action when cheaper chalk will do the same.

Thanks,
Terry.

jtedd2010

Moori

I have been playing pool know for about 17 years,I keep hearing about Moori tips but never played with one. I do play with a Kamui Black Layered tip and I like not for sure if I love it but like it.......well anyway i have heared alot about the :)1 generation moori's and was just wondering if there is any body out there that might have one they would be willing to get rid of :). i know they or near impossiple to find, so im sure the price will dictate..............is this just a myth or is there some out there..if so please call me at 706-461-3855

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes Joe I did read that. I`m just looking for someone to corroborate your story.
Your prices on Moori is by far the best I`ve ever seen, call me sceptic, but the old "when something is too good to be true, it probeably is" pops into my head...
You are quite vocal about Kamui and Tiger tips and from what I can read for a quite good reason too.
I`m a sceptic by nature, so forgive me if I seem a bit hesitant.

The Moorikami tips wich seems to me to be a copy of Kamui does not quiet my concearns, neither does googeling your name.
But if indeed the Moori tips you sell are genuine, you sir are doing a fine thing, keeping the prices low, to the benifit of the pool world.
$20 a pop or more seems to be the norm for a layered tip now in most shops.

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand perfectly and I live by the following motto, "when in doubt, pass"! Good luck and I highly recommend that you purchase your tips from Seyberts who is a supporter here on AZ.