View Single Post
Open bridge
Old
  (#14)
Donny Lutz
Ferrule Cat
Donny Lutz has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Lutz has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Lutz has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Lutz has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Lutz has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Lutz has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Lutz has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Lutz has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Lutz has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Lutz has a reputation beyond reputeDonny Lutz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Smile Open bridge - 09-02-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiao.wend View Post
So i should use an open bridge for most shot ? What about if im originally use open bridge ? Should i do the opposite
?
I'd have to see your open and closed bridges to make any kind of assessment.

The open bridge allows a better view of your targets, particularly the cue tip on pull back. If you're not getting your chin down near the cue, this is not quite so important. I teach lowering your chin to as close to the cue as is comfortable for you.

I (and many others) use the closed bridge for power strokes and on the break. On these shots I don't bend over as far as for the majority of shots. The slightly upright stance allows for more natural follow through, and the closed bridge helps keep that follow through from going astray.

The nice thing about it is that after a while, your choice will be automatic.

Donny L
PBIA/ACS Instructor