Kaisa Billiard World Championships 2019

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi. There is currently ongoing World Champs of Kaisa Billiards 2019 at Rovaniemi, Finland. Playing venue is Official Santa Park under Arctic Circle. :cool:

There is 91 players. Mostly from Finland(Kaisa is Finnish Billiard game). Some from Russia,Latvia, Estonia and Poland and some more. Total Prize money is 17.500€ and Winner gets 10K.
I am playing there too and I think Finnish betting company did put me number 6 or 7 favorite in betting list.

Athmospere is really GREAT and I really enjoy.

Official site where you can find brackets/livescore and livestreams from every table.
http://www.kaisamm.fi/index.php

Here also some pictures.. Santa did opening shot of Tournament!

entrance to venue.. There is soundtrack of wolfs moaning coming from walls..
picture.php

The Venue
picture.php

Santa did opening shot
picture.php

He told me that I am not getting any presents this year..:p
picture.php

I also got Bronze Medal of Honor from Finnish Billiard Federation due work for Billiards in Finland!
picture.php

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi. There is currently ongoing World Champs of Kaisa Billiards 2019 at Rovaniemi, Finland. Playing venue is Official Santa Park under Arctic Circle. :cool:

There is 91 players. Mostly from Finland(Kaisa is Finnish Billiard game). Some from Russia,Latvia, Estonia and Poland and some more. Total Prize money is 17.500€ and Winner gets 10K.
I am playing there too and I think Finnish betting company did put me number 6 or 7 favorite in betting list.

Athmospere is really GREAT and I really enjoy.

Official site where you can find brackets/livescore and livestreams from every table.
http://www.kaisamm.fi/index.php

Here also some pictures.. Santa did opening shot of Tournament!

entrance to venue.. There is soundtrack of wolfs moaning coming from walls..
picture.php

The Venue
picture.php

Santa did opening shot
picture.php

He told me that I am not getting any presents this year..:p
picture.php

I also got Bronze Medal of Honor from Finnish Billiard Federation due work for Billiards in Finland!
picture.php
Congrats on the award!! You always post good stuff.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Congratulations on your service

38DBBFEF-D095-4407-9C93-E535789041A4.jpeg

And AZ could use some winners.....bring home the Kaisa gold

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
This is just SO cool! I want to play on one of those tables so bad I can barely watch.

I do want to play this. Snooker is the same way for me, I see the table and just need to try it out. This game in particular just seems so outrageous I need to know how difficult it is. Giant balls, tiny pockets. Seems like it could make for some extremely decent frustration.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do want to play this. Snooker is the same way for me, I see the table and just need to try it out. This game in particular just seems so outrageous I need to know how difficult it is. Giant balls, tiny pockets. Seems like it could make for some extremely decent frustration.

The scoring rundown made me go cross-eyed.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SET billiards, south brooklyn

Attachments

• 860516BA-1E57-40B6-9347-62928FE3EE39.jpg
    860516BA-1E57-40B6-9347-62928FE3EE39.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is just SO cool! I want to play on one of those tables so bad I can barely watch.

Tables are 10ft and really tight. Cloth is Simonis RUS Pro 950. composition is same as 760 but cut and weave is made differently and that 950 is better than 760 IMO. That cloth is super fast and used on Pyramid also. Cueball control is really hard because so fast cloth and heavy balls. A lot of strategy and tactics are in present which are invisible those who don´t know the game. Unique aspect is that both have their own cueball.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here is our club table corner pocket... :p

picture.php

Edit: P.s Won my second match too. Tomorrow I face reigning Finnish Champ.

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

picture.php

Insanity...

Good luck tomorrow my friend. Shoot straight, that pocket probably doesn’t like to be cheated :thumbup:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

picture.php

Looks like a dream come true. I should add the disclaimer that I am obsessed with tight pockets. I guess I'm not the only one seeing as pocket billiards around the world have variations of tight(er) pockets than America.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

picture.php

Looks like you’re undefeated going into the fourth round....hope I’m right
.....bring home the gold

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost one match but I did beat Petri Makkonen after that.
6th round tomorrow for me. Almost everyone have one loss. It is real double elimination until end. Brackets are little different though..

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heck, i heard they were tight. This is a bucket. ;)

Angle is little bit deceiving there.. Here is photo taken by another fellow who complained that tables are set too tight :D
picture.php

Anyways 13 players still in tournament. I face 5 time Finnish Champ and reigning World Champion tomorrow morning.
I already have beaten a bunch of Finnish Champs..and pro pool player Makkonen(who also plays Kaisa) At least noone can claim I had easy draw :p

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
After a bit of research, i now know that the russian billiards I was playing is ‘free style’.
Michael, commentating at the Kremlin Cup, said Kiasa pockets are a bit tighter.

...any tighter would be 3-cushion billiards....

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Angle is little bit deceiving there.. Here is photo taken by another fellow who complained that tables are set too tight :D
picture.php

Anyways 13 players still in tournament. I face 5 time Finnish Champ and reigning World Champion tomorrow morning.
I already have beaten a bunch of Finnish Champs..and pro pool player Makkonen(who also plays Kaisa) At least noone can claim I had easy draw :p

So these are tighter than a Russian Pyramid? Do you have to slam the balls "through" the pocket like they do?

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So these are tighter than a Russian Pyramid? Do you have to slam the balls "through" the pocket like they do?

If object ball is close to rail.. yes!
Also you have to test pockets before playing table. Normal rule of thumb is: If object ball is closer to rail than ball width when ball is middle of rail.. It won´t go. Some tables still might take it. If it is setup loose. Knowing what is possible is part of game.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost my match 21-60. I was playing okay but was little unlucky with leaving couple easy starters for Champ. He did almost everything that he tried. And he scored 32 point break also.
Finals start soon and I am commentating in Finnish.