Why Isnt There Any Activity Here?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I come into the "Ask The Instructor" section and I always see that "3 are viewing, or 7 are viewing, or 5 are viewing" when I enter. But it just seems like there is hardly ever any new threads started.

Why isn't there more activity in this section?

r/DCP

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz crickets. Must not be a lot of teaching going on right now. Understandable considering all that's going on.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I come into the "Ask The Instructor" section and I always see that "3 are viewing, or 7 are viewing, or 5 are viewing" when I enter. But it just seems like there is hardly ever any new threads started.

Why isn't there more activity in this section?

r/DCP

I believe it's partly people posting instructor-related questions in the Main Forum.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think for the most part people would rather post their questions in the main forum. They don't want to acknowledge instructors as anything.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think in some of the threads I have seen, when people ask a question, it just turns into advertising for their teaching schools or a way to push lessons.
I have the highest respect for Fran because I never seen her go that route, just answers the posters question.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would guess mother drills and set pause finish
Thats what pbia instructors teach
You know that
Its not a bad thing just not the only way
Jmho
Larry, I think you are unaware of the range of PBIA instructors.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Larry, I think you are unaware of the range of PBIA instructors.

bob
pm me your cell phone number so we can talk about it
i dont want to speak badly about some pbia instructors
mark finklestein can teach anyone anything
i will recommend him to anybody after my lessons with him
some of the other ones i am not so sure
you from all you have done in pool i am sure can also teach anyone anything
as i have told you before i would like a lesson from you
but many of them to start a beginner on the right path
they all do a great job
more advanced strategy and playing to win i am not so sure
jmho
icbw

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would guess mother drills and set pause finish
Thats what pbia instructors teach
You know that
Its not a bad thing just not the only way
Jmho

No Larry. Most of the great PBIA Instructors teach all phases of our sport.
Only SPF Instructors can teach SET-PAUSE-FINISH.

randyg

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bob
pm me your cell phone number so we can talk about it
i dont want to speak badly about some pbia instructors
mark finklestein can teach anyone anything
i will recommend him to anybody after my lessons with him
some of the other ones i am not so sure
you from all you have done in pool i am sure can also teach anyone anything
as i have told you before i would like a lesson from you
but many of them to start a beginner on the right path
they all do a great job
more advanced strategy and playing to win i am not so sure
jmho
icbw

I agree with Bob. Our range of knowledge is wide.

randyg

Leigh

Registered
Guys. I would post in this forum every two seconds if I didn’t think people would get sick of it. As a very new player, all I want is to practice and be coached as much as humanly possible. I have become ridiculously obsessed with the sport. But I don’t want people to get to the point of, “damn, that tiny chick keeps posting her stroke drills asking for tips on her fundamentals”... so I end up stalking other people’s posts.
Here’s some good news that I cannot wait to post: tomorrow I am driving up to have a lesson with the great Jerry Briesath! I am so happy, nervous, excited that my face hurts from smiling.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'll have a great time Leigh! :thumbup: Jerry is top shelf! BTW, take your cue with you. Jerry will show you that it doesn't matter so much where the balance point is, and you don't need to change anything from what I showed you.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Here’s some good news that I cannot wait to post: tomorrow I am driving up to have a lesson with the great Jerry Briesath! I am so happy, nervous, excited that my face hurts from smiling.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Guys. I would post in this forum every two seconds if I didn’t think people would get sick of it. As a very new player, all I want is to practice and be coached as much as humanly possible. I have become ridiculously obsessed with the sport. But I don’t want people to get to the point of, “damn, that tiny chick keeps posting her stroke drills asking for tips on her fundamentals”... so I end up stalking other people’s posts.
jerry is a great guy and terrific teacher
i spent time with him and it was time well spent
dont be nervous
be thankful that you get some time with him while he is still around.
he is the master of the master teachers of PBIA
i hope he goes another 20 years but he aint no spring chicken
tell him larry from florida wishes him well and says hi!!!

Last edited:

Leigh

Registered
By the way Scott, I have been practicing what you told me, specifically the eye pattern, slowly drawing my cue back the length of my bridge, and the finish. I worked on it all week. My husband says to me, "hey want to play a game?" (I have only practiced on my own since we spoke, and I am usually the one begging my family to to play pool). Anyway, we play ... and the improvement was noticeable! My husband says, "this isn't even fun anymore" because I kept winning.
A MILLION THANK YOUS!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup:

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

By the way Scott, I have been practicing what you told me, specifically the eye pattern, slowly drawing my cue back the length of my bridge, and the finish. I worked on it all week. My husband says to me, "hey want to play a game?" (I have only practiced on my own since we spoke, and I am usually the one begging my family to to play pool). Anyway, we play ... and the improvement was noticeable! My husband says, "this isn't even fun anymore" because I kept winning.
A MILLION THANK YOUS!