View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-02-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop1701 View Post
Does Joints really affect the hit of the cue? I have played with Mezz cues for just over a year and talked to a few cue makers about joints. The Cue Makers said the joint could have a impact on the balance of the cue. But not the hit. I play with a united joint too, which is really just a modified 5/16 X 14.

Just curious as to why a joint would affect the hit, because maybe I should try a wavy pin.
Well everything in the cue affect the hit feel, vibration passes through the joint. We went through probably 20 cues and 40 shafts in last few years with testing things, same cue model and shaft on different pins felt different. Revo on the Radial felt different than on the Uniloc as one example.

Sara Rousey was at the Mezz booth, she is a Mezz player, and she also said the Wavy joint was too stiff for her to use.

My son got a Wavy jointed one, since it felt better with their carbon fiber shaft than their other joint, but he did not like the wood shafts much on the Wavy joint (basically a tight fitting radial).

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!