Rogue Vs Revo Custom

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really leaning towards getting it.

5/16x14 joint, White Ferrule Pad, Kamui Black Super Soft. 30" long.

With the extra inch should I stick with the same weight as my 29" if possible???

For now, their not offering custom weight. I'm 99% certain all their CF shafts will weigh between 4.2 oz to 4.4 oz depending on whether its 29" or 30".

I spoke to them today. The guy I spoke to said they "may" offer weight options in the future but, he had no idea as to if or when.

I checked seyberts but, they dont even have them listed on their site.

Jeff

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ever seen the guy walk into the pool room, carefully check out one stick after another, rolling one after another, checking out the tips, etc. and finally making a labored decision, only to plow one ball after another into the rails?

SAME WITH THESE SHAFTS AND THEIR MINUSCULE DIFFERENCES -- IF YOU'RE DOING ALL THAT IT'S NOT GOING TO MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE BECAUSE YOU DON'T PLAY GOOD ENOUGH TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Lou Figueroa
ah hem
sorry 'bout that :)

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
For now, their not offering custom weight. I'm 99% certain all their CF shafts will weigh between 4.2 oz to 4.4 oz depending on whether its 29" or 30".

I spoke to them today. The guy I spoke to said they "may" offer weight options in the future but, he had no idea as to if or when.

I checked seyberts but, they dont even have them listed on their site.

Jeff

Seyberts doesn't list any cue or product til they have it in hand. They don't let you preorder or get on a list beforehand. Hence the reason they never had the ignite, rogue or defy listed.

FWIW, I've had about 15-20 different 12.4mm 29" Revo shafts in my possession and they've all been between 4.0-4.2 oz. Now, I've had 3 different Meucci CF Pro shafts and the 12.25mm 30" was 4.0oz, however the 2 I have now are both 11.75mm and 30". One is radial pin and is 3.0oz and the other is the Meucci pin 5/16x18 and is 3.5oz. Somehow I'm thinking they can make the weights custom on any CF shaft if they really wanted too.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ever seen the guy walk into the pool room, carefully check out one stick after another, rolling one after another, checking out the tips, etc. and finally making a labored decision, only to plow one ball after another into the rails?

SAME WITH THESE SHAFTS AND THEIR MINUSCULE DIFFERENCES -- IF YOU'RE DOING ALL THAT IT'S NOT GOING TO MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE BECAUSE YOU DON'T PLAY GOOD ENOUGH TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Lou Figueroa
ah hem

Everyone can't be as strong as you are Lou.

Lol

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seyberts doesn't list any cue or product til they have it in hand. They don't let you preorder or get on a list beforehand. Hence the reason they never had the ignite, rogue or defy listed.

FWIW, I've had about 15-20 different 12.4mm 29" Revo shafts in my possession and they've all been between 4.0-4.2 oz. Now, I've had 3 different Meucci CF Pro shafts and the 12.25mm 30" was 4.0oz, however the 2 I have now are both 11.75mm and 30". One is radial pin and is 3.0oz and the other is the Meucci pin 5/16x18 and is 3.5oz. Somehow I'm thinking they can make the weights custom on any CF shaft if they really wanted too.

My revo 12.4 weighs 3.6 oz. It's radial.

As for custom weight, yes, they can but, I was told just today that all of their cf shafts would weigh between 4.2 and 4.4 oz.

Thats just one of the reasons I'm waiting. I like a very forward balanced cue and unless I use a mid-cue extension, my shaft would have to weigh 5+ ozs.

I've tried to find someone that has a revo thats heavier that would like a lighter version but, I've had no such luck.

Most people think it doesn't matter.

Jeff

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Custom Revo will be around $600 (the low deflection is a huge selling point).

The Rogue is $475 out of the box.

Decisions, Decisions...

It would be much easier to make a decision if you determine what exactly your preferences are. What tip diameter, length, joint pin etc.
For example 12.4 and 12.9 Revo do not perform the same as far as I know. There are also other things to consider such as stiffness/taper and others when it comes to the feel. For the time being I've had possibility to try Revo 12.9, Cynergy 12.5 and recently Ignite 12.2. I had only two hours playing with Revo, many hours of playing with Cynergy and just two racks of 9-ball with Ignite. Of course it was so little time with Ignite but one thing I can tell for sure the most I've had fun with Revo. It was just something so new to experience and much more different from what I've used to play before. I was just having fun playing with extreme spins on some power shots and it was fun to see what happens.

For me Revo 12.9 was the stiffest with the best energy transfer and may be the least deflection but yes it felt different from what I've used to play but at the end I liked how it performed. When it comes to the others as I understand they tried to satisfy also those complaining about feel, sound etc. different from the wooden shafts and such as Mezz with their Ignite succeeded a lot with this. Ignite out of those three is the most flexible or lively. It might be due to its diameter and taper. It felt very close to the EX PRO shaft I've tried together with Ignite. It seemed the same or very close when it comes to the deflection and the difference it energy transfer was not as obvious as with Revo. May be that is why so many are willing to have one.

Once I've seen c.f. blanks available for finishing c.f. shaft yourself I was so curious to experiment and I've bought one 12.8. It was an useful and interesting experience and now I have c.f. shaft I've finished which feels closer to the wooden ones I've played comparing to Revo but when it comes to the performance...well I must admit I've liked Revo much more. But at least the experiment did not cost me so much and now I have my conclusions what could be done to make it perform closer to what I liked after testing Revo. One of the factors I wanted to experiment with blank I could finish it in the length I need and I've experienced what effects the performance on my own (filling of the tube, materials used for a "ferrule", the pad, the tip etc.). As I said it was very informative.

So as Rogue are not available yet to try you can only hope it performs what you like. So in order to know for sure you have to wait till it's out there to test.

P.S. If I decide to play with a c.f. shaft on regular basis I would choose the one I have fun the most and here the winner for me is still the one who was the first manufacturer in modern era to offer c.f. shafts...

Last edited:

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For all the helpful responses thank you so much.

Which diameter is supposed to have less deflection the 12.9 or the 12.4?

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
ah hem

Hi Lou,,

I want to say you're welcome. I'm glad that my earnest question was so totally amusing for you. It seems to have made your day giving you the opportunity to show me )and everyone here) how truly enlightened you are.

It must be so difficult for you reading questions on here and other forms from the low level intellects such as myself. I am so truly grateful that you decided to respond with your truly Sage Wisdom.

I as I'm sure others sit and wait to read more of you gracious nuggets of knowledge you share.

Thanks Again,

Pete

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My revo 12.4 weighs 3.6 oz. It's radial.

As for custom weight, yes, they can but, I was told just today that all of their cf shafts would weigh between 4.2 and 4.4 oz.

Thats just one of the reasons I'm waiting. I like a very forward balanced cue and unless I use a mid-cue extension, my shaft would have to weigh 5+ ozs.

I've tried to find someone that has a revo thats heavier that would like a lighter version but, I've had no such luck.

Most people think it doesn't matter.

Jeff

Is it just my imagination or did it seems like when the Revo's first came out they were generally lighter and then at some point, go heavier???

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it just my imagination or did it seems like when the Revo's first came out they were generally lighter and then at some point, go heavier???
3.6 is about as light a Revo i've heard of. Most reports have them 3.8 and up. Usually right around 4oz. Radial might weigh a tad less since there is no insert.

Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For all the helpful responses thank you so much.

Which diameter is supposed to have less deflection the 12.9 or the 12.4?
Revo 12.9 I've tried had really low deflection. Unfortunately I had not possibility yet to try 12.4 version but I've heard it has slightly more deflection. Really good thing about Revo it is already a lot of time on the market and it's much easier to find possibilities when it comes to the testing on your own, there are much more reviews and so on. When it comes to the Rogue the expectations seems to be high and certainly there are reasons for that but only time will tell how good it really is. A big plus for me it is available both in 29 and 30" at the same price.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Lou,,

I want to say you're welcome. I'm glad that my earnest question was so totally amusing for you. It seems to have made your day giving you the opportunity to show me )and everyone here) how truly enlightened you are.

It must be so difficult for you reading questions on here and other forms from the low level intellects such as myself. I am so truly grateful that you decided to respond with your truly Sage Wisdom.

I as I'm sure others sit and wait to read more of you gracious nuggets of knowledge you share.

Thanks Again,

Pete

Yep, we should all get together and chant:

"Lou is the man, Lou is the man!!!"

"He's an awesome player, he's an awesome player!!!"

Oh wait, lol....I forgot, he's just and I mean exactly like most on here.

We all wish we could be a champ but, some have problems accepting the reality that were not.

You know what they say about ignorance and bliss...

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Revo 12.9 I've tried had really low deflection. Unfortunately I had not possibility yet to try 12.4 version but I've heard it has slightly more deflection. Really good thing about Revo it is already a lot of time on the market and it's much easier to find possibilities when it comes to the testing on your own, there are much more reviews and so on. When it comes to the Rogue the expectations seems to be high and certainly there are reasons for that but only time will tell how good it really is. A big plus for me it is available both in 29 and 30" at the same price.

Your correct sir. The 12.4 revo is really low deflection but, the 12.9 is even lower.

The 12.9 also has a more comfortable taper for those that "use a closed bridge" + "have somewhat longer bridges". With a little shorter than average bridge, there both about the same when considering stroking comfort.

Your also correct about Pechauer's carbon fiber shafts being expected to be higher quality than pretty much all other production carbon fiber shafts.

I would've already purchased a pechauer cf but, I'm waiting till they offer custom weights.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not sure but, I really wish mine was 4+ oz.

I use a mid cue extension so, it's not a super big deal but, I will jump all over the first pechauer or revo that offers custom weight up to ~4.5 to 5 oz and 31" long.

Heck, I would probably buy 3 or 4 of them.

Jeff

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I talked with Predator they said since I already use a 12.5 MM shaft the 12.4 would be a better fit. They also said that the 12.9 and 12.4 deflection is almost the same. I am predominantly a Closed Bridge Player.

For deflection I just didn't want more than my LD I'm used to already has. My thought process is it's easier to adjust to lower deflection (start by using no-ish English then start adding it since I already aim center ball hit without mental adjustment).

I was going to ask for 30" but a trusted player said he never found a good playing 30" shaft. Also going to ask for the weight to be the same as my playing shafts now 103.5 grams (3.6 ounces).

I'm about to put the order in tonight. Then the 90ish day wait.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
12.9 is a little lower.

I'd like to see a test of that rather than just an assertion. One thing we know about deflection is that lighter weight produces lower deflection, and if the shaft is narrower it should be lighter weight. There's a reason the low deflection shafts started coming out with narrower diameters. I can't see any reason why the larger diameter would be lower deflection.

fram6878

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see a test of that rather than just an assertion. One thing we know about deflection is that lighter weight produces lower deflection, and if the shaft is narrower it should be lighter weight. There's a reason the low deflection shafts started coming out with narrower diameters. I can't see any reason why the larger diameter would be lower deflection.

I felt the same way til I tried both out, performing the same shots with same amounts of English and at the same speed. 12.9 is lower. Only thing I figure is that 12.4 is slightly thicker wall thickness compared to 12.9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mezz Ignite being 12.2 mm should outperform Revo 12.9 then but I can say it did not. At least it was my experience. No offence on Mezz Ignite...it is really a high quility shaft with fairly low deflection. For me it seemed somewhere in between Revo and Cynergy. It also seemed to me that with Ignite the deflection depends more on the speed and what kind of spin is used (above center, center, below center) if compare it to the Revo. It may be Mezz knowing that the task to outperform Revo when it comes to deflection is not reachable for the time being focused instead on what those complaining on Revo having weird sound and feel so on...If they succeed...well the demand for the Ignite talks for itself.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz Ignite being 12.2 mm should outperform Revo 12.9 then but I can say it did not. At least it was my experience. No offence on Mezz Ignite...it is really a high quility shaft with fairly low deflection. For me it seemed somewhere in between Revo and Cynergy. It also seemed to me that with Ignite the deflection depends more on the speed and what kind of spin is used (above center, center, below center) if compare it to the Revo. It may be Mezz knowing that the task to outperform Revo when it comes to deflection is not reachable for the time being focused instead on what those complaining on Revo having weird sound and feel so on...If they succeed...well the demand for the Ignite talks for itself.

I can definitely believe it would vary across different cue makers, but I can't understand why the 12.9 Revo would have less deflection than the 12.4. Maybe they're different in some other important way, like fram6878 says above.

Someone, I think it was Marek a while back, said that the larger diameter Becue had lower deflection than the narrower one.