upa self seving enterprise?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Just curious what anyone thinks about the upa (Frank alvarez's tour) should be allowed to advertise when they cannot afford to pay the players nor have any real concern for their finacial well being. I am not sure what seving means but I am sure in Frank's case it is not a positive thing.:)

Jay Halfert ran one of the UPA's Event in Tempe AZ, $25,000 Added Desert Shootout about 18 months back, and I wonder if the winners got all their money? Or the balance due them after the check bounced?

Reactions: JAM

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Eric...How come I didn't know that? LOL Guess you were supposed to buy the first beer last week at the Pocket! Ah well...I WAS working though, so, you get off on that one! Catch you next time!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I guess so. My offer is still out there to buy any AZer I meet the first beer...even you Danny:D.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
First of all, just because justin has seen me kiss another man in the back of a Vegas limo doesn't mean that I am gay. The ends justified the means.

Second, Beav slept lightly for fear of waking up next to a mammoth woman.....again. Not because of me.

Third, Scott, next time we meet I will gladly buy the beer, I guess I forgot. SORRY:D!

Lastly, Jason, you may not EVER ask a question of Danny without being insulted or threatened to a fight. It is what it is.

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
where's the beef?

Sounds like Danny wants to get paid for his perfomance in a professional tournament and has not. Now what would promoters say if the players said i'll pay my entry after i see how i do in the tourney. Imo the players are the draw and need to get paid when they cash as they depend on that money.
also, Danny we were at the 2nd EXPO when you lost to Mike Segal in the finals and before the match they had to get you to change some clothing for the TV match. so I say dress codes should be followed in a pro tourney. JMO and not to ruffle your feathers.
Justin , I met you out at Mickey's cue & brew before flying back to CT. last Tue. nite., I think you and your partners are doing a great job of keeping interest in the pool world. Maybe TAR and Alan Hopkins Productions should get together and start a real pro tour. I wish you the best and can't wait for the Mills/SVB dvd to come out that we talked about.
Jeff

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
Lastly, Jason, you may not EVER ask a question of Danny without being insulted or threatened to a fight. It is what it is.

Donnie M. just asked him to play in the Action room. That should lead to a few pages of hilarity.:)

self serving

(sĕlf'sûr'vĭng)
adj.

1.) Serving one's own interests, especially without concern for the needs or interests of others.

2.) Exhibiting concern solely for one's own interests: a speech full of self-serving comments.

self-servingly self'-serv'ing·ly adv.

denzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think somebody like hopkins would be bad for the furture of pool. He ran a tourny called million dollar tourny only paid out 60000. Fact is he didnt even play in it himself. Didnt add a time of money to the tourny.

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny

Why don't you just drop it? Chalk it up to experience. You make yourself sound like a kid crying because someone stole his kiddy car. And I'm sure your a better man than that.

And for petes sake, don't sue. You can't get blood out of a turnip, but you can sure get rid of a lot of money talking to lawyers.

Dave Nelson

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Danny

Why don't you just drop it? Chalk it up to experience. You make yourself sound like a kid crying because someone stole his kiddy car. And I'm sure your a better man than that.

And for petes sake, don't sue. You can't get blood out of a turnip, but you can sure get rid of a lot of money talking to lawyers.

Dave Nelson

Be careful talking to him like that Dave. He might beat you up.

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Due to Easy and Jcin and a few others, this officially has become thread of the month!

My god I havent laughed this hard in along time, as a matter of fact the last time I laughed this hard was when Danny cried to me in a thread when i mentioned him getting beat by the rocket.

Real Funny Stuff!

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Hello John Schmidt is that you????? Hello???

Just curious what anyone thinks about the upa (Frank alvarez's tour) should be allowed to advertise when they cannot afford to pay the players nor have any real concern for their finacial well being. I am not sure what seving means but I am sure in Frank's case it is not a positive thing.:)

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay Halfert ran one of the UPA's Event in Tempe AZ, $25,000 Added Desert Shootout about 18 months back, and I wonder if the winners got all their money? Or the balance due them after the check bounced?

Bruce, don't confuse people. By mentioning Jay Helfert in the context that you did, who by the way was hired to run the physical event and was not an organizer or responsible for the added money, you make it seem Jay was to blame when he had nothing to do with the money issues of that event.

The players are being paid. You were and have never been part of the negotiations and are not part of the group who are overseeing the players get paid. Bruce you do not know the facts, but still try to stir up old wounds and garbage. You are well aware the topic has been written about several times and yet you still like to be inflamitory.

It is not my way to normally respond to a post like this, but I will put my foot down when I see good people being potentially damaged by inuendo and uneducated spectulation. The organizer of the UPA sanctioned tourney in April '08 was Chuck Bobbit. Chuck is in fact paying the players back.

Mark Griffin (who had nothing to do with the tournament in AZ) is acting on behalf of the players by being the liason and overseeing that Bobbit does live up to what he said he would do. Beyond that no one other than Chuck, Mark and the players need to know any further details.

Hope that answers your last question and now move on.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Bruce, don't confuse people. By mentioning Jay Helfert in the context that you did, who by the way was hired to run the physical event and was not an organizer or responsible for the added money, you make it seem Jay was to blame when he had nothing to do with the money issues of that event.

The players are being paid. You were and have never been part of the negotiations and are not part of the group who are overseeing the players get paid. Bruce you do not know the facts, but still try to stir up old wounds and garbage. You are well aware the topic has been written about several times and yet you still like to be inflamitory.

It is not my way to normally respond to a post like this, but I will put my foot down when I see good people being potentially damaged by inuendo and uneducated spectulation. The organizer of the UPA sanctioned tourney in April '08 was Chuck Bobbit. Chuck is in fact paying the players back.

Mark Griffin (who had nothing to do with the tournament in AZ) is acting on behalf of the players by being the liason and overseeing that Bobbit does live up to what he said he would do. Beyond that no one other than Chuck, Mark and the players need to know any further details.

Hope that answers your last question and now move on.

Thank you for posting this. At the end of the day, I try to ignore every one of Coocoobolo's posts, as he has to put something in every thread and most of his comments are so short and worthless I feel dumber every time I actually read one.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
denzy...You are talking out of your rear end, and apparently know nothing about the details behind Hopkins' tournament, nor anything about his history connected with pro pool. ANYBODY in the know, knows full well that Allen Hopkins is one professional pool player who does exactly what he says he will do, and has been for decades. He would be a first pick, as someone who knows how things should be run, if there ever was some kind of consensus among the pros, to pull together and organize. Do some research and educate yourself, before making a stupid statement like the one below.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I think somebody like hopkins would be bad for the furture of pool. He ran a tourny called million dollar tourny only paid out 60000. Fact is he didnt even play in it himself. Didnt add a time of money to the tourny.