Balabushka cues owned by Irving Crane & Wimpy Lassiter

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am in need of help from all of you on Az as im trying to see if anyone has any pictures of the Balabushka cues owned by Irving Crane and Luther(Wimpy) Lassiter.I go to Mike Lassiters (Wimpys Nephew)house a couple times a year and we have looked through boxes of articles and newspaper clippings and have had no luck finding any pictures of Wimpys Balabushka cues.Maybe some old Billiard Digest magazines or Charlie Ursetti might have a few.
Irving Crane also had around 3 Balabushka cues made and I also would like to see pictures of them also.If you happen to know who currently owns any of these Balabushkas please forward them this link or my info.

Any help would be appreciated,

Bobby

worldpro311@gmail.com

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
I am in need of help from all of you on Az as im trying to see if anyone has any pictures of the Balabushka cues owned by Irving Crane and Luther(Wimpy) Lassiter.I go to Mike Lassiters (Wimpys Nephew)house a couple times a year and we have looked through boxes of articles and newspaper clippings and have had no luck finding any pictures of Wimpys Balabushka cues.Maybe some old Billiard Digest magazines or Charlie Ursetti might have a few.
Irving Crane also had around 3 Balabushka cues made and I also would like to see pictures of them also.If you happen to know who currently owns any of these Balabushkas please forward them this link or my info.

Any help would be appreciated,

Bobby

worldpro311@gmail.com

my guess would be the GLENN BROTHERS....gl in your search....

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wimpy balabushka

Hey Bobbi,

Before I sold my collection in the late 90's - I had one or two or three of wimpy's cues. One was a Gina with his name in butt plate, and 1or 2 wer buska's.

I have some pictures of them but don't know how to post pictures.
It will Take me some time to find them if you want.

Mark Griffin

Maestro

In the Zone...
Silver Member
Somewhere, I have a photo of one of the two Balabushkas with Irving holding it. Will look for it.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't one of Crane's cues on the cover of the second edition of The Blue Book of Pool Cues?

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Bobbi,

Before I sold my collection in the late 90's - I had one or two or three of wimpy's cues. One was a Gina with his name in butt plate, and 1or 2 wer buska's.

I have some pictures of them but don't know how to post pictures.
It will Take me some time to find them if you want.

Mark Griffin
ok Mark looking forward to it and you got my number so call me if you find anything.there also was a cue with a gold piece in the buttsleeve that was Wimpys that got stolen in Texas about 30 years ago that has suddenly popped up and I'd like get that cue from whoever has it even if I have to buy it and offer it to his family.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wimpy cue

Bobby -

I had heard about the one with a gold coin - and that it was stolen.
I did not know that it had reappeared.

One of the cues I had had a red ferrule and was quite small - maybe 11.5 mm.

I will go through my files and make copies of all the stuff related to
Lassiter - you might find it interesting.

It may take a week or two for me to dig through and find it.

Markg

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few 3-4 years ago I was approached by someone who I cant recall that had lots of Lassiters stuff, including a Bushka, I'm certain it was legit as it came out of a pool room he played at, that was closing down. I passed on the cue, they were asking too much for it. I wish my bushkas could talk, I'd love to know the history of them.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bobby -

I had heard about the one with a gold coin - and that it was stolen.
I did not know that it had reappeared.

One of the cues I had had a red ferrule and was quite small - maybe 11.5 mm.

I will go through my files and make copies of all the stuff related to
Lassiter - you might find it interesting.

It may take a week or two for me to dig through and find it.

Markg

Great looking forward to it.i have taking a lot of pictures of stuff including old broken rusty world championship trophys from his nephews house.His nephew Mike has Wimpys 5x10 shimmed Gandy table and Wow it is tough to run out on that table.Mike said Wimpy never cared to much to tell of his high runs but knows of 2 times that Wimpy ran 500 and just quit because he was tired on his 5x10.Mike Lassiter still has 1 perfect condition world championship trophy of Wimpys and we discussed bringing it to the us open next year and display it.

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
If you dig deep enough on the wanted/for sale section here, you will find one of Wimpy's Balabushkas on there. If I remember correctly the man selling it was a friend of Wimpy and was given the cue. He had proof from the brother and pictures of the cue. It was a while back and don't know if it was deleted or not but, it was on here and it was beautiful. Luther "Wimpy" Lassiter is one of my favorite players. Good luck. Ron

1pocketman

Registered
wimpys cue

i know the person on the outer banks of north carolina that has that cue and still has it with a letter from his brother stating that fact. you can call me my cell and i will hook you up with that person . skip 252-202-1300

JLW

Dunder Mifflin Salesman
Silver Member
Yes, I realize these are replica cues. One of my cues is an Adams Balabushka. The original poster said that he wanted pictures of Balabushkas owned by Irving Crane. If these replicas are copies of actual cues owned by Crane, he would see what some of Crane's Balabushkas looked like.

Last edited:

Run the Century

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a replica

This is a cue Lassiter owned. Adams had his name engraved in a silver band on the butt. My friend bought it from Lassiter's estate.