how many cues do you own?

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Only 3 right now.

From what I want right now out of cues, I'm not even sure how many I'll end up with...

There's about 5 different Sugartree's I'd like to own, 2 Keith Kues, another Josey, another BHQ, a DBK or two, a Lambros, Kenney Koo, a Vollmer, Black Boar spider cue, a Rambow, and eventually I wouldn't mind to have either a Gus or Barry Szamboti.

So when I get all of those, I'm gonna assume I'll have around 20-25.

If I get this matching set of cues made I've been trying to stamp out I'll have my "lifetime" players.

Got way, way more things ahead of cues in my priorities right now though.

Hope all is well Eric, haven't seen you post much.

Happy new years everyone, even you up there, Rigmaster.

Kind regards,
Danny

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Four (4) currently: Runde Schon, Scruggs, Mottey & Palmer Cues.
Five (5) by March 2014....new custom being built right now (ivory joint).

Goal is eight (8 cues) but the next few will be very expensive.
Richard Black, James White, Prewitt & Joel Hercek cues are
on my list to get, I'll probably have to choose one (Prewitt or Hercek)
not both since that would set me back well over $10k.

All of my future cue acquisitions will also be ivory joint
pool cues which doesn't help finding any bargains.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It changes weekly...lol, but here's what I have and most are locked up in a safe and gaurded by 3 dogs, one of which is a ferocious Yorkie...lol again.

1 Frog jump cue
1 Lomax jump cue
1 Bunjee j/b
1 Falcon j/b
1 Omen j/b
1 Dale Perry
2 McDermotts
2 Schons
2 Joss
1 Lathom
1 Carmeli
1 Zinzola
1 Sugar Tree
1 Scruggs
2 Lambros
2 Searing conversions
5 South Wests
1 Schick sneaky
1 Thomas Wayne
1 Paul Mottey conversion

Looks like 29, not counting house cues on my wall and cues I wish I still owned. Wasn't sure how many I had and that's why I replied and did the cue count by memory from work. I don't think I missed any, but I'll edit later if I did.

Been active lately and the cue collection has changed, I gained some nice ones, but also had to give up a few. Oh well, it had to be done.

1 Frog jump cue
1 Lomax jump cue
1 Bunjee j/b
1 Falcon j/b
1 Omen j/b
1 Dale Perry
3 McDermotts
1 Schons
2 Joss
1 Lathom
2 Sugar Tree's
1 Lambros
1 Searing conversion
4 South Wests
1 Thomas Wayne
4 Paul Mottey's
1 Gus Szamboti

Looks like 27, but I love the Mottey's and the Gus that I was fortunate enough to add to the collection.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeez....I missed buying a Ed Prewitt Full Splice Rosewood Flat Ivory Joint....great veneers....absurd price...desperate seller.......it was on ebay.
The cue had a Buy It Now of $2800......but it was definitely a Prewitt cue....beautiful rings.....perfect logo...........but nooooooo........I wanted to think
it over because it's a brown wood cue but still it was a full splice.......OMG........So the next morning first thing after sleeping on it I go to buy the cue
and one (1) hour earlier someone must have jumped on the price I had in mind for the cue because it sold one hour earlier on a re-listed auction
with a lower Buy It Now of $2500.......Yipes.

That was a cue to make money with flipping it or to just cross one of my dream cue-makers off my list. It's just that there have only been 7-8 dozen
brown wood cues (san ebony) that I've seen over the last 20 years that were cues I'd want to own.....I just don't like brown wood points....and so
there's been very few cues.......and then when I decide to get this Prewitt, despite its brown points, it sold one hour earlier.....ugh......it's an omen.....
I'll just stick with ebony points like always. If that Prewitt had ebony points, I'd have been willing to pay that seller a grand more than he wanted.

Last edited:

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been active lately and the cue collection has changed, I gained some nice ones, but also had to give up a few. Oh well, it had to be done.

1 Frog jump cue
1 Lomax jump cue
1 Bunjee j/b
1 Falcon j/b
1 Omen j/b
1 Dale Perry
3 McDermotts
1 Schons
2 Joss
1 Lathom
2 Sugar Tree's
1 Lambros
1 Searing conversion
4 South Wests
1 Thomas Wayne
4 Paul Mottey's
1 Gus Szamboti

Updating. No Sugars or Lambros cues anymore. I'm still a fan of those 2 though.

1 Frog jump cue
1 Lomax jump cue
1 Bunjee j/b
1 Falcon j/b
1 Omen j/b
1 Dale Perry
3 McDermotts
1 Schons
2 Joss
1 Lathom
1 Searing conversion
4 South Wests
1 Thomas Wayne
4 Paul Mottey's
1 Gus Szamboti
1 Craig Petersen
1 Bill McDaniel
1 Omega/DPK
1 Esoteric(ebony O/DPK blank)

28 and I'm done for a while. Would love to add a signed Searing with points, a Mobley, and a Haley next.

Last edited:

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
2 Lambros, 1 is a break jump
1 Scruggs
3 Freys

Why am I the Colonel? Because I always get the chicken

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
8 Scruggs
2 R's
1 Judd
X breaker
2 sledghammers
A new cue on the way from aphelps of this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I only own 1 Cue.

A Beautiful Mike Cochran 8 Point Cue with 3 Veneers on the 4 long Ebony points and 4 ebony short points. It is a cherrished gift from Michael Cochran and Mr. Tim.
All the others I can be talked out of!
3 Mike Cochran Cues
2 Fancy Tim Scruggs Cues
1 Tim Scruggs Purple Heart Titlist
1 Tim Scruggs Purple Heart Sneakie Pete
1 Wrapless Bob Frey that I begged back
1 Rick Howard

My player for life,
Nick :)

Last edited:

homer66_59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How Many Cues Do You Own

1 Old Joss mid 90s
1 Unity Cues
3 Bryan Mordt
3 Tascarella
2 Bob Dzuricky DZ Cues
1 Pfd
1 TS
1 Andy Gilbert
2 Bob Manzino 6pt
1 BlackCreek Ebony Titlist
1 Richard Chudy RC3
1 Ariel Carmeli John Davis Blank
1 Mike Bender 4pt
1 Jerry -R- Rosewood Titlist
1 Mike Durbin Spalted Maple 4 point

Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
How many cues

Got my first cue when I was 14, actually it was only a Viking butt that someone left behind in a bar years before. Living in Madison I convinced my parents to take me to Viking and let me have a shaft made. I think my mom thought I was crazy for spending whatever I paid for it at the time. A few years later I had a acquaintance at a pool hall who picked up a new Schon, (right before Bob left, had no idea who Bob Runde was back then). It came with two shafts and joint protectors, he brought back some brochures with it. I wanted one so bad, but there was no way I could afford it. I bought a used Nova merry widow for $175, only because the script on the butt was similar to a Schon. I guess that's why I am a Schon dealer now. Took about a 15 year break from pool til a couple years back. Anyway here is my list.

Viking-Early 80's
Pechauer- 2nd cue, unintentionally broke it, replaced it last year 17 years later
Nova
Dufferin SP

Since I got back into it couple years ago:
Schon R1
Schon Implex Joint, flat face, stitch rings, similar to R4
50's Willie Hoppe Pro with 2 extra shafts made by Jim McDermott in the 70's
Runde- (2)
Scruggs SP, early 80's, refinished by Bob Frey
Frey SP, early 80's
Custom Break Cue- Local Builder Friend
Dufferin SP

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
i thought of doing a poll, but thats been done.

I honestly dont know, some guys might not want to put their biz in the street and I respect that.

MY honest answere is Im not sure, probably 12 monsters, 40 strong cues(player Szams some with a couple inlays others just 4 pt or 8 pt Tads, fancy SW's, Big Cantando's) and 30 more good solid players like (SW's, plane Tad's,plane Ginas) and 12 POS's.

its not really important, hell a good 6 cue collection I admer. I look at the state of mind of the man who bought them and what he was thinking or sadly not thinking(in my case a few times).

94 cues??????? goddman thats excessive, and impressive. couple hundred grand worth? dont ever let me find your address:cool:;)

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
A Beautiful Mike Cochran 8 Point Cue with 3 Veneers on the 4 long Ebony points and 4 ebony short points. It is a cherrished gift from Michael Cochran and Mr. Tim.
All the others I can be talked out of!
3 Mike Cochran Cues
2 Fancy Tim Scruggs Cues
1 Tim Scruggs Purple Heart Titlist
1 Tim Scruggs Purple Heart Sneakie Pete
1 Wrapless Bob Frey that I begged back
1 Rick Howard

My player for life,
Nick :)

That's a beautiful cue

Why am I the Colonel? Because I always get the chicken

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Collection (Sans Stinger Break Cue)

The count just increased yesterday to six (6) cues.......a Bob Owen '07 player cue with flat ivory joint arrived Friday from Bob after being refinished.
My next Owen cue is 5-6 weeks out......ordered that cue last July and some of you know the background. I think the design will be a real humdinger.

The hit of this new Owens cue is so solid.....feels like a full splice cue......the ivory joint has a 3/8x11 thread and the fit is so secure & tight......absolutely
great forward balance. It plays like a Richard Black cue I once had. Bob sure knows how to make a great pool cue; I can't wait for his next cue to arrive.

Now Jerry's collection is an entirely different proposition.......where do I begin......figuratively and literally......over two dozen cues......I think he should strive
for an even 30 cues.......and then get five (5) 6x12 cases and Voila!......Rotate the five cases for playing or carrying because choosing a single cue from a
collection as extensive as Jerry's just seems too hard to pick just one to play with for a key match.

Matt B.

p.s. Took some photos of the cues....left the Stinger Cue out.....it going to sit home anyway once he next Owen cue arrives. My Palmer Cue works great!

Attachments

• Castillo Case & Cues 011.jpg
    Castillo Case & Cues 011.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 608
  • Castillo Case & Cues 013.jpg
    Castillo Case & Cues 013.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 594
  • Castillo Case & Cues 018.jpg
    Castillo Case & Cues 018.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 817
Last edited:

Joqpub4

AZB GOLD
Silver Member
2 year update

So... it's been a while since I posted in this thread and the collection has changed... currently I own:

1. Tex Custom
2. 2013 Alex Alpert #8 (just got it on Monday) (thanks Itzel0101)
3. 2005 Andy Gilbert Ebony on Ebony with ivory clovers (thanks Cleiton)
4. 2003 J. Michael Durbin Bocote merry widow (gonna send this back for a refinish soon)
5. Chuck Starkey Birdseye with diagonal ebony splices, ferruless
6. CJ Steven Ebony with a redheart handle
7. Players Jump Break
8. Mike Gulassy 2005 Desert Ironwood and Cocobolo (wife has absconded with for her cue)
9. Predator BK2 (Wife has this as well)
10. Cue from a small maker in Massachusetts (one of his first cues - forget the name)

Then there are the one's I'm thinking of moving
11. John Madden 2006
12. Dominiak 001
13 Chester Krick Full Splice
14. Mike Gulassy Grim Reaper Jump cue
15. McDermott EJ3 (balloons)

So 15 is the current number... subject to change.

I've had a bunch come and go, honestly none I would complain about, but they all had elements that just weren't right for me: Dennis Dieckman, Lee Peppers, BCM, 2 Meuccis, McDermott (EK w/Joss joint), 2 Joss and a Dominiak

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too many right now.....

4 Mobley
3 Bluegrass
2 Fanelli
Murrell
Gracio
Arthur
Joss
2 Predator
Adam
Mezz
Samsara
Lomax
Meucci

And a Tascarella coming my way later in the year...

Need to get rid of all but 5 or 6 of them to be honest!!

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Current

1- 8pt. Blackboar
1- 8pt. Vollmer
3- 6 pt. Blackboar's
2- 6 pt. Southwest
1- 8 pt. Rick Howard

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Almost enough I only need a couple that I have been waiting on for a long time!
My turn should come up soon Searing ,Showman and Mobley!
Then I will be complete?