Crest cues

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used search, and nothing about the company.

There were several for sale over the years. One thread from 2005 from a member who actually owned one.

I think of the old ones being similar to Falcon or Cobra. Each of those brands had a couple worthy cues. Did Crest ever have a cue someone liked?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There were several for sale over the years. One thread from 2005 from a member who actually owned one.

I think of the old ones being similar to Falcon or Cobra. Each of those brands had a couple worthy cues. Did Crest ever have a cue someone liked?
Falcon has always made very good cues. They still do. Cobra was made by KaoKao in Taiwan. The only Crest's i've ever seen were very low-end Asian imports.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

F3F52FDD-8D5D-432D-A5F6-D1CFB21CC487.jpeg

When you see a cue like this Crest....do not buy,,,unless you need a bridge handle.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen many bad cues of that sort 109, but there are some with attractive designs (possibly decals), standard joints and sticker labels.

The difference seen in pictures is night and day which is why I asked. Sort of like Cobra's "professional" line which chopdoc speks highly of.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
The Cobra cues I've seen are like $30 Ebay cues and a notch above Crest.
Falcon cue is a decent brand.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Cobra cues I've seen are like $30 Ebay cues and a notch above Crest.
Falcon cue is a decent brand.
When Ernie was still in Toronto Falcon made the butts for Predator. Parent co. is KPS and they make Falcon, Bear and others. They are on par with Lucasi as far as quality goes.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen many bad cues of that sort 109, but there are some with attractive designs (possibly decals), standard joints and sticker labels.

The difference seen in pictures is night and day which is why I asked. Sort of like Cobra's "professional" line which chopdoc speks highly of.

Well, I don't know that I speak highly of them. They are certainly in a much different class than the regular Cobra cues though.

Crest cues? A lot of them are really low end stuff I think, not even Maple. AFAIK their best cues are maybe as good as the old Mizerak, Competition, and Cobra cues...there were many cues of that type and level of quality that came out of Asia. As I said, maybe. I think Crest is probably a bit below these cues though.

Many of the Crest cues are't even that as far as I have seen. I only know from pictures though. Never had one, never touched one.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Well, I don't know that I speak highly of them. They are certainly in a much different class than the regular Cobra cues though.

Crest cues? A lot of them are really low end stuff I think, not even Maple. AFAIK their best cues are maybe as good as the old Mizerak, Competition, and Cobra cues...there were many cues of that type and level of quality that came out of Asia. As I said, maybe. I think Crest is probably a bit below these cues though.

Many of the Crest cues are't even that as far as I have seen. I only know from pictures though. Never had one, never touched one.

I've been looking for the right deal on a Cobra cue, to see what they're all about.
Now that I see you distancing yourself from the brand :smile: I'm glad I didn't invest.