AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
May not be them but these look pretty nice: https://snookerspex.com/

Ha! :smile:
Is this a snooker shot?
[copied from that website]
"We also supply especially compensated glasses for American pool players….."

Those rimless glasses where there's more glass above the nose and ear stem part is
what I've been interested in. I've asked my eye doctor about something like this only to
get a funny look like - what? for shooting pool---huh?

on sale there f189.00

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha! :smile:
Is this a snooker shot?
[copied from that website]
"We also supply especially compensated glasses for American pool players….."

Those rimless glasses where there's more glass above the nose and ear stem part is
what I've been interested in. I've asked my eye doctor about something like this only to
get a funny look like - what? for shooting pool---huh?

on sale there f189.00
I read that also. I'm guessing that has to do with the way they sit on your head. Because of all the long distances in snooker vs. pool the glasses probably have a different tilt/angle to the lenses.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made my Pool Glasses, about 18 years ago... I got tired of playing badly, craning my neck & looking over the rims... bad deal, all the way around.

These glasses allow me to see normal (90 degrees) to the focal plane, no aberrations for me...

The temples are bent to allow me to see the balls clearly & the nose pieces are adjusted, to raise the lens to a better position.

Attachments

• Pool Glasses.jpg
    Pool Glasses.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 536

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made my Pool Glasses, about 18 years ago... I got tired of playing badly, craning my neck & looking over the rims... bad deal, all the way around.

These glasses allow me to see normal (90 degrees) to the focal plane, no aberrations for me...

The temples are bent to allow me to see the balls clearly & the nose pieces are adjusted, to raise the lens to a better position.

Nice mod!!! Should be a great example for people who need this.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looking and comparing the choice(s) of glasses from the websites mentioned here
shows why homelessness in America is in full swing, the Curran guy is way over priced,
so much so that the prices are 3-4 pages deep to learn the cost for a piece of plastic reengineered by a machine.

knicks

Registered
I read somewhere on the internet, that Curran Optical is where Alex bought his Billiard Glasses....that is how I found out about Curran Optical........just passing on the info....

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Alex’s are 1000% not from Curran. I’d bet my house and everyone’s in this thread;)
You probably would lose!

I gave his Backer Dima information on curran a few weeks ago! He told me it was for Alex and that he was looking for glasses and heard the optician was local to Dima! Anyway, Karen corr plays out of our room and jersey John both use his glasses. Dima sent him there for sure...

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Do you get paid per each "Curran" you put in your threads?

I read somewhere on the internet, that Curran Optical is where Alex bought his Billiard Glasses....that is how I found out about Curran Optical........just passing on the info....

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I gave his Backer Dima information on curran a few weeks ago! He told me it was for Alex and that he was looking for glasses and heard the optician was local to Dima! Anyway, Karen corr plays out of our room and jersey John both use his glasses. Dima sent him there for sure...

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

thanks guys
i appreciate it
:thumbup:

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just thinking about this several days ago after watching the match from 2018 World Pool Masters between him and J. Shaw...I actually took at screen shot because I honestly thought he had 'custom made' lenses to fit and upside-down frame.

But after seeing these links of glasses made specifically for billiard games, it totally blew my mind! lol.

28refyg.png