Which balls stay the cleanest for longer?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damp cloth?! That makes the balls sticky as hell.

They need some jizz on em. Well, not literally.

But damn, girl. At least spit in your hand.
A new set of balls are not porous from friction, wear and tear and ball cleaning.
Having opened and ran/owned rooms in my earlier years, wiping them down with a damp cloth is all that's needed.
Keep anything abrasive away from the ball set.
Once the outer surface of your ball set has been worn down/compromised, this is normal behavior for your ball set.
I played in a room in MN where they CLEANED The balls after every table use. The ball set, if you played 2 hours, you could wipe a Visible, line in the ball with your finger from the dirt the ball had picked up during play.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Peeps seem to not understand difference of Normal Aramith Super Pro and Duramith Super Pro(still Aramith).

Duramith tech is little bit different than normal super pro. Stays a lot cleaner than old resin.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Peeps seem to not understand difference of Normal Aramith Super Pro and Duramith Super Pro(still Aramith).

Duramith tech is little bit different than normal super pro. Stays a lot cleaner than old resin.

Thx......................

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For some reason, my set of Aramith Tournament with Duramith developed small white smudges after only a few polishes. I just use the Aramith ball polishing liquid that came with my Super Pro set. I cannot polish off those spots now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For some reason, my set of Aramith Tournament with Duramith developed small white smudges after only a few polishes. I just use the Aramith ball polishing liquid that came with my Super Pro set. I cannot polish off those spots now.

Let us see your balls...and let us know how you're polishing them?

We can get you back to happy play time.

Island Drive

Silver Member

I'd call the mfg and see if you can get a replacement set.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I'm not aware of any "Duramith Super Pro" balls.

Saluc produces the "Super Aramith Pro" balls (without Duramith technology) and the "Aramith Tournament" balls (with Duramith technology).

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a few sets that I play regularly. Without a doubt the Cyclop Hyperion set has remained the cleanest. It is my favorite set to look at and my least favorite set to play. Consequently, I rarely play them and they stay clean. I do not like playing them.

I have played more using my Aramith Premier set than anything else. They play great and, as far as I can tell, do not get any dirtier than any other set.

I never use the cue ball that comes with any set. I use a Aramith measles cue ball bought separately. Also hate the Cyclop Hyperion cue balls.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

Island Drive

Silver Member
I use hot water and Irish Spring, ooops, wrong balls. ;)

That's because your supposed to use the Irish Spring on the ball tray wipe out. :p

I don't think anyone here has hand cleaned more ball sets in their life than my self. One room I managed for 4 years. 5 days a week, I hand wiped 14 ball sets every morning before opening, and ck'd each tray for drink spillage. We did great the first years we opened. Averaging over $40,000 + in just table time. Phantom Canyon Brewing CO in Colorado Spgs, they don't do 1/2 of that now. PCBC was Hinkenloopers second brew pub. The Wynkoop in Denver was his first. He also opened another in WI and possibly somewhere else.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I wasn't aware the Aramith Super Pro balls are now or ever were available with the Duramith process. To my knowledge, only the Aramith Tournament balls use the Duramith process. I could be mistaken.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wasn't aware the Aramith Super Pro balls are now or ever were available with the Duramith process. To my knowledge, only the Aramith Tournament balls use the Duramith process. I could be mistaken.

Your post is a step backwards.

There's no super tournament pro duramith.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah. Here is my package.
picture.php

And here are the balls. Played them about week and half.
Not yet polished. Straight from box. I use Taom chalk(and others in our club too..) so balls does not pick up too much chalk marks.
picture.php

Last edited: