OB Fusion Shaft

norest

Registered
From what I can tell, this has a carbon fiber core inside a wood exterior cylinder. I'm trying to figure out what performance advantage this would have. People that prefer carbon fiber shafts are buying them because they are more consistent, more durable and have very little bridge friction. The main negative with a black carbon fiber shaft is the unwanted negative attention they can bring. Some people really have it out for them and feel an extra need to prove something against people who use them. I'll be curious for any feedback on the Fusion. I'd love to see OB stay among the top shaft makers, I just can't figure out why they went this route.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I can tell, this has a carbon fiber core inside a wood exterior cylinder. I'm trying to figure out what performance advantage this would have. People that prefer carbon fiber shafts are buying them because they are more consistent, more durable and have very little bridge friction. The main negative with a black carbon fiber shaft is the unwanted negative attention they can bring. Some people really have it out for them and feel an extra need to prove something against people who use them. I'll be curious for any feedback on the Fusion. I'd love to see OB stay among the top shaft makers, I just can't figure out why then went this route.
Some players just don't like the look/feel/sound of a full cf shaft. OB says they've covered those bases with the Fusion. I'd really like to hit one.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a Mezz Ex Pro for a long time. It had a carbon core. Loved it. Great feel and super consistent.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a Mezz Ex Pro for a long time. It had a carbon core. Loved it. Great feel and super consistent.
Mezz just used a small diameter cf tube. The OB is like a Revo with wood around it. I've got a Mezz HybridPro(original version,12.8) that i love. Fairly stiff hit but not overly so. Great shaft. I would like to test drive the Fusion.

Seaspook

Has-Been
OB Fusion shaft...

I used to shoot OB shafts...4 different ... I was curious about the new Fusion......so I was happy when my friend showed up today with a one in wood ferrule in the 12.8 for me to try.

For me...the best OB shaft was the Original Classic with the white ferrule. The Wood ferrule OB plus shafts I had felt mushy. S

Yes..it is the “stiffest, best sounding, best feeling” Wood Ferrule OB shaft I have used ...but it still feels soft on the front end. I do like the way it’s a natural wood look and feel. It reminds me of a Cuetec R360 shaft form my earlier years. I would like the opportunity to try a white ferrule Fusion. But I don’t see myself buying one.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB Fusion shaft...

I used to shoot OB shafts...4 different ... I was curious about the new Fusion......so I was happy when my friend showed up today with a one in wood ferrule in the 12.8 for me to try.

For me...the best OB shaft was the Original Classic with the white ferrule. The Wood ferrule OB plus shafts I had felt mushy. S

Yes..it is the “stiffest, best sounding, best feeling” Wood Ferrule OB shaft I have used ...but it still feels soft on the front end. I do like the way it’s a natural wood look and feel. It reminds me of a Cuetec R360 shaft form my earlier years. I would like the opportunity to try a white ferrule Fusion. But I don’t see myself buying one.
I've never been a fan of the wood-ferrule OB's. Agree with your "mushy" description. The white ferrule Classic is a good playin shaft.

Seaspook

Has-Been
Another Fusion Review... sort of ..

This was the description on a Facebook for sale listing...

OB Fusion 3, Carbon Fiber with wood outside. Uniloc LIghtly used for about 6 sessions. I asked for a Kamui Soft tip, but it feels like they put a Super Soft on it, or maybe that is just how it plays/wears. I actually like it, but it is very similar to my OB 2+ and I'd rather just stick with that. In my opinion, it's a tiny bit stiffer (and a little less deflection) than the OB wood shafts and it has a more wood-like feel than the other CF shafts I've hit.

Last edited:

Rachel T

Another Fusion Review... sort of ..

This was the description on a Facebook for sale listing...

OB Fusion 3, Carbon Fiber with wood outside. Uniloc LIghtly used for about 6 sessions. I asked for a Kamui Soft tip, but it feels like they put a Super Soft on it, or maybe that is just how it plays/wears. I actually like it, but it is very similar to my OB 2+ and I'd rather just stick with that. In my opinion, it's a tiny bit stiffer (and a little less deflection) than the OB wood shafts and it has a more wood-like feel than the other CF shafts I've hit.
Still playing with the OB2? I'm considering purchasing an OB wood or fusion.