Roy Mallott - Indyq.com

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Roy might be Bipolar :confused:
I first inquired about a GTF case by email at IndyQ, Roy sent an email back with in moments including his phone number and I was like Holly Sh*t now that is Customer service LOL.
We spoke on the phone and Roy was great, very helpful and informative.
After doing some research I inquired with Roy about the price on the shipping fee I was quoted and he did not take that kindly but I brushed it off and inquired about a Jim Murnak Case and then Roy just blew up telling me I was wasting his time, that I want premium protection for my cues but was not willing to pay for it, etc.......
I informed him that I was not wasting his time but I was the type of person that likes to research everything and then make a informed decision that way I am comfortable with my purchase.

So I got a hold of John Barton directly and got the deal done.
To me Roy is like having a Doberman Pincher in the house, great dog but you just never know when he may turn on you :eek:

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
On the other hand I have purchased 3 Mike Capone cues and 2 JB cases via Roy and all have been perfect transactions!

Roy has done right by me and even offered discounts that I didn't ask for.

--Jeff

pektusboy

Nervous at Hill Mountain
Silver Member
well i think hes a great person if he had your money
but worse enemy if not!

John Barton also emailed me a while ago and give me a warning that he will post all of the emails!

well post it!

im just only inquired, ask questions about his cue.. when he answered all the questions does that mean i will buy his cue immediately?

i dont have the right to ask questions about buying something? thats a responsilbility of a seller! to answer all the questions of the buyer and i have the right to buy it or not

then he says im wasting his time! what kind of a seller is this?

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Indy Q shop,,,,,,,,,,

I've dealt with Roy for years ,, as a matter of fact, I bought all 4 mint, still wrapped in their original brown paper ''Fellini's'' on his site ,,,,

Roy like all of us is a unique charecter, very knowledgeable and knows his stuff and is a no B.S . guy,,

He deals with some of the biggest collectors in the world and along with John Barton, puts out some of the finest cases in the world, I bought the JB ''Rolls Royce '' as well,, guess I like cases,,,,

Always had a more than satisfied tranasction with him and It's always fun just to ''kick it around with him'' when we talk,,,,

I think his numbers in sales speak for themselves,,,,his site is always offering new and unique items,,,,,always something new on his home page, usually doesn't see the light of day as so much of his fresh inventory sell so darn fast,,,,,,,hey, but to each his own,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,Alan,,,,,,,,,,

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased an ebony South West with six staggered maple points (no veneers) and SW leather wrap from Roy a few years back. At the time it was exactly what I was looking for and the transaction was flawless.

I even had the opportunity to visit his shop not long after the purchase. He treated me very well and I found him to be sharp as far as his knowledge on cues and cases.

I also found him to be high energy and a bit eccentric but that's usually the case with a lot of smart people (cue makers as well) in this business. Bottom line...he's tops in my book!

Roy one more post to pull down

You guys need to pull this one down too, can't be honest about the nicest man in the business? I thought this was America?:grin-square:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Roy is free to run Indyq the way he wishes. He has a lot of Southwest's for sale because he is willing to buy New or Quality Used Southwest's, and pay top wholesale prices to the seller. Than like any good businessman he marks up his inventory to make a profit.

Funny thing is the people who seem to complain the most about Roy's way of doing business, have IMHO no idea how much it cost him to open the shop each month, pay his fixed expenses, and have money to buy food, pay insurance, taxes, etc., etc., etc.

I wonder if these same people question professional service charges from their Doctors, or Dentists the way the question Roy's wanting to make a living in the Billiards Supply Business.

Roy is not some "trunk merchant" who has no overhead, has no inventory, is most selling friend stuff on consignment. Roy is IMHO entitled to, or allowed to try, & make enough money to live off what he works hard at many more hours a week than most of the people who pouch a time clock for a paycheck put in their jobs, or effort on their jobs.

Yes I have been self employed and was in a very competitive business. I was successful because it was not just my business, it was my life 7 x 24 x 365 for more years than I would like to admit the business came first over many thing for too many years.

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 5:33 AM
To: $ales@IndyQ.com
Subject: McDaniel Szamboti Tribute Lazy Z in ebony and purpleheart

To whom it may concern:

I am interested in learning details of how your company could aid in the sale of a McDaniel Szamboti Tribute Lazy Z in ebony and purpleheart that I recently acquired. I understand that McDaniel cues of this caliber can be sold in Asia for significantly more than the US market.

This cue is one of the rarest forms of the McDaniel Lazy Z cue with perhaps on 4 like it ever made. It has more inlays than many of the plainer lazy Z cues and the ebony forearm itself makes it rarer, there are 4 ebony rectangular boxes in the butt sleeve, outlined in ivory with silver circle inlays with ivory at each corner. Each peacock in the forearm and butt are scrimshawed.

The cue is in like new condition with only 1 shaft ever being test hit. It comes with the solid ivory joint protectors. Here are photos of the cue:

Please respond so we may discuss how this cue could be marketed to worldwide markets in order to achieve the highest return. Feel free to call me at thank you Brian Lipes or simply respond to me via email.

Your e-mail looks more like spam mail. It would have been deleted with no reply.
The reviews provided so far have been about a man who works hard at maintaining his clients happy. I am fortunate to know that Roy can deliver what I need at a very reasonable cost.

Last edited:
Whatever

How should an email look? Too bad the thread with dozens of people writing in unsolicited about what a jerk this guy is got taken down. So be it, he's got friends here too, so what. I will have my chance to address this with him soon enough. What he wrote me was a personal attack that I know he'd never make it person. Where I come from that just doesn't go away so easy.

Last edited:

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
I can only say that My Personal Experience with Roy Malott at IndyQ was a BAD ONE and that I personally will never do business with Roy Malott or IndyQ again. He will snap on you, could be sooner or later, and he can be an evil little man over the phone or computer. Not worth my time.

Thank you

And yet another unsolicited response. Thank you for confirming what I already knew. This man is to be avoided, you've had fair warning people.

Mallott phone message

Well, I just had the opportunity to listen to roy's message from the other day that was on my cellphone. Tirade of explitives...this man is not well.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
I've done a few transactions with Roy and found him to be pleasant and knowledgable. Perhaps he doesn't suffer fools lightly.

TommyT

twal

"W"
Silver Member
Roy has issues

As much as it pains me, I need to agree that Roy has some issues.
After I read this post I figured I would check out his business and sent him an email.
His first email was fine but the after that it was like he stopped taking his medicine.
I would NEVER EVER do any type of business with Roy or Indyq.
If I did I know I would get screwed and I would have no one to blame but myself.

But hey, don’t believe me, try it yourself.
Just send him an email and asked some specific type of cue you are looking for.
Then ask if there is a way to get what you want or say you want to go a cheaper route.
Then hold on :smile:
Personally I cannot believe this guy is in business.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Roy is not Santa Claus, and will never make everyone happy.
iStock_santa+with+presents.jpg

CoCo?

CoCo, you really do love everyone don't you? All well and good. I wish him nothing but the best. His customers should wonder which is the real Roy Mallot...?

Attachments

• 206210_1020_A.jpg
    206210_1020_A.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 835