Diamond tables don't seem that great.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Honestly I thought I'd recieve some contrasting comparisons suggesting I'm experiencing a negative bias with a sprinkle of your crazy and campy opinions.

What I got... wellllllll... a hate clique convincing of another depth (couldn't skip a rock off of it). Is it Azbillards or the rhyming HazingBilliards?

Happy Friday none the less.

I’m curious.....what tables have you played on that are better than Diamonds?

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ill play on any table really i don't give a shit
Valley diamond brunswick on any cloth any size with any ball set but those ugly skittle balls
Any size carom table heated or not dont care what cloth or ball set

With a plain 1 piece butted cue and a single shaft with a single layer tip in a pouchless strapless 1x1 case

..had to read that a couple times,
if you don't mine, I'd flipped around

With a plain 1 piece butted cue and a single shaft with a single layer tip in a pouchless strapless 1x1 case
Valley diamond brunswick on any cloth any size with any ball set but those ugly skittle balls

works for me.

I, we, play on heavily used diamond's, they're tough, get moved around and stuff,
they still play a dollars worth.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Honestly I thought I'd recieve some contrasting comparisons suggesting I'm experiencing a negative bias with a sprinkle of your crazy and campy opinions.

What I got... wellllllll... a hate clique convincing of another depth (couldn't skip a rock off of it). Is it Azbillards or the rhyming HazingBilliards?

Happy Friday none the less.

For being such an expert on Diamond tables, I was just wondering what kind of pool table you bought to go along with that first ever cue you bought....you DO own your own pool table, don't you??

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a diamond pro am 7 footer one year ago for 5100 out the door installed. already recovered it one time because of my sweat and body oils. I play on this baby EVERY night for the one year that I have had it.

MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE PLAYING ON MY DIAMOND!!!!!
best investment I have ever bought. I have not watched tv at night in one year.

would you have had me but a valley table??? no comparison.

(and yes in one year I have gotten pretty good on the table:smile::smile::smile::smile:)

love my diamond

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamonds are close to the best, very accessible, and good prices,
very ugly though

Gabriels are probably the best

Joy is neck and neck with them

Rasson seems to be making some serious inroads and may be better than Diamond

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I bought a diamond pro am 7 footer one year ago for 5100 out the door installed. already recovered it one time because of my sweat and body oils. I play on this baby EVERY night for the one year that I have had it.

MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE PLAYING ON MY DIAMOND!!!!!
best investment I have ever bought. I have not watched tv at night in one year.

would you have had me but a valley table??? no comparison.

(and yes in one year I have gotten pretty good on the table:smile::smile::smile::smile:)

love my diamond

Word.

Now my experience with a league they had 2 small diadem tables. The cue ball on one returned with the balls and on the other one the cue ball came out the opposite end of the table. Both tables had cyclop balls. So thats one point the troll-y guy got right, perro...all the 9 foot diamonds I’ve played the cue ball just comes out with the balls always so there’s no confusion anyway.

What end of your 7’ diamond does the cue ball come out?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Word.

Now my experience with a league they had 2 small diadem tables. The cue ball on one returned with the balls and on the other one the cue ball came out the opposite end of the table. Both tables had cyclop balls. So thats one point the troll-y guy got right, perro...all the 9 foot diamonds I’ve played the cue ball just comes out with the balls always so there’s no confusion anyway.

Change the damn batteries, Diamond can't do EVERYTHING for the bar owners!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Word.

If the tables are serviced right, they'll work right....that's NOT on Diamond!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Diamonds are close to the best, very accessible, and good prices,
very ugly though

Gabriels are probably the best

Joy is neck and neck with them

Rasson seems to be making some serious inroads and may be better than Diamond

You need to learn a little more about those tables before you rate them. The pocket facings on the Gabriel's are 3/8" thick, and because so....wear right through the cloth on the points of all the pockets, and play as stiff as 2"×4"s.

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where I play we have six diamond tables the other four are gold crowns.It seems
like no one plays on them if a diamond table is available.None of the gold crowns
are shimmed so most all the serious players seem to prefer the slightly more
difficult pockets of the diamond tables.Imho:grin-square:

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member

Sounds like a road-runner, circa 1973...

( I *LOVE* my Fellini cases, [ even though they're 1x2 ] )

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
age and environment

The gold crowns people play on tend to be far older than the diamonds we play on. The oldest diamonds I know of are in Baton Rouge. They aren't anything special especially one with every rail loose!

Playing red label diamonds in an old building in New Orleans they banked short, ridiculously so. They were consistent all cushions and tables so they could be adapted to but changing between them and a gold crown took a pretty large adjustment. I went to Dallas for a week and played on some diamonds there. I don't remember if they were red labels or early blue labels. Whichever, in the cool dry air they banked far better!

Diamonds aren't magic. A badly put together diamond after a recover job played about as poorly as any table I have ever played on. Nothing obvious to see but damn did it play bad! Somebody boogered up a handful of diamonds I played on and while they still looked good they played about as bad as a worn out gandy big G.

A well set up diamond in a good environment plays well. So does a gold crown in the same condition. I played on an almost brand new valley and while it took some adjustment, it played fine too.

Gold crowns and diamonds both play well and hold up to commercial use. After that it comes down to looks and dollars.

Hu

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The gold crowns people play on tend to be far older than the diamonds we play on. The oldest diamonds I know of are in Baton Rouge. They aren't anything special especially one with every rail loose!

Playing red label diamonds in an old building in New Orleans they banked short, ridiculously so. They were consistent all cushions and tables so they could be adapted to but changing between them and a gold crown took a pretty large adjustment. I went to Dallas for a week and played on some diamonds there. I don't remember if they were red labels or early blue labels. Whichever, in the cool dry air they banked far better!

Diamonds aren't magic. A badly put together diamond after a recover job played about as poorly as any table I have ever played on. Nothing obvious to see but damn did it play bad! Somebody boogered up a handful of diamonds I played on and while they still looked good they played about as bad as a worn out gandy big G.

A well set up diamond in a good environment plays well. So does a gold crown in the same condition. I played on an almost brand new valley and while it took some adjustment, it played fine too.

Gold crowns and diamonds both play well and hold up to commercial use. After that it comes down to looks and dollars.

Hu

Once brand new Diamonds, and GCs to for that matter have been changed from NEW to work done on them by the local table mechanic, people still judge them as the factory tables and NOT what they've been turned into by bad work. Not saying all table mechanics are bad, but the majority of them are. To rate a table by the person who worked on them last is unfair to the manufacturer, and blaming the person who's been doing the work on them for how they currently play is a more accurate assessment!!!

JC

Coos Cues
Are you of the Cron T’lan Imass? Anyway what I like about diamonds is that they are pool tables, they have nice cushions that allow more manipulation than others, they look really nice, I don’t own one myself but those I play on are always level..probably because of the ease of the leveling system. I’ve had 1 ball come at me bro, never snagged my glove and ripped it, and the rail is nice for bridging on. So there’s your proof that diamonds are up to their hype.

Pro am and smart tables look like they are about to drop fat boy on Nagasaki out their belly hatch.

JC

LowRight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're obviously describing a coin-op bar box. If you're playing on that, who cares?

Diamond 9-footers are the best tables I've played in my 54 years in the game. Period.