Converting a 19 oz to 21?

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a Schon with a weight bolt currently around 19 oz. What’s the easiest way to convert it into a 21? I don’t care about it being rear balanced since my Revo is heavy enough, it should be fine. Is there a bolt out there that’s heavier than Schon’s stock bolt? It’s an 80s Runde.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Remove the stock bolt and take it to Home Depot.
Find a bigger one.
Then you will have to re-tap the hole for the bigger bolt .

Imo, not worth the trouble .
There is nothing wrong with 19 oz.
Adding two ounces to the bottom just does not make sense.
I'm sorry, there is no need to add 2 ounces down there .

You might as well get a middle extension made . That would add 2 oz in the middle and will not affect the integrity of the cue .

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re probably right. Played with a friend’s 21 with the same shaft and I just couldnt miss, felt very comfortable.

Remove the stock bolt and take it to Home Depot.
Find a bigger one.
Then you will have to re-tap the hole for the bigger bolt .

Imo, not worth the trouble .
There is nothing wrong with 19 oz.
Adding two ounces to the bottom just does not make sense.
I'm sorry, there is no need to add 2 ounces down there .

You might as well get a middle extension made . That would add 2 oz in the middle and will not affect the integrity of the cue .

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A little more bit of work, but...make a cast of your bolt then cast one out of lead. If it's too heavy you can cut it to your specs.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon uses an 'assembly bolt', not a weight bolt. Depending on the woods used, most are made from aluminum.

They also make them from steel and brass. I used to remember the exact weights, I think the steel adds an ounce or 1.25. The brass is around 2oz IIRC.

Take the bumper off and see what you have, if its aluminum, you can increase the weight a fair bit.

Just call them and order a new bolt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlYDU1Dk6m0

Last edited: