WE got ACTION

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
onepocketchump said:
Durbin and Joyner have been playing since I got there at 3pm. Joyner was stuck on 2 games up playing 4 ahead for 2 dimes and who knows how much on the rail. When I just left the action room at 1:30AM Durbin was up a game.

Joyner plays some shots that are ungodly and then misses straight in hangers - I don't get it. (maybe I should "get it" since I do the same thing - just with less great shots and more misses)

John

And yes i will say u have done that yourself ..My friend..Lmao .
Put up 100 for me in your next match..I got u covered ..

lamar25

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As for me I would like to read more action reports from the railbirds and/or side betters.
There is only 1 thing in all previous posts, that I would like to say thanks for. A poster used the term "Hustler", in lieu of "Sandbagger".
BTW, I do not enjoy reading post by players with an ego.

Now can we get back to some more action reports!!!

OBTW, Is anyone aware of "Ghost Games Bets", that "BILLY WYNN" has been envolved in???

"Have a nice day",
Lamar

Last edited:
O

onepocketchump

lamar25 said:
As for me I would like to read more action reports from the railbirds and/or side betters.
There is only 1 thing in all previous posts, that I would like to say thanks for. A poster used the term "Hustler", in lieu of "Sandbagger".
BTW, I do not enjoy reading post by players with an ego.

Now can we get back to some more action reports!!!

OBTW, Is anyone aware of "Ghost Games Bets", that "BILLY WYNN" has been envolved in???

"Have a nice day",
Lamar

Here's one for you from a poster with an "ego".

At six am yesterday, while watching Corey trounce Scott Frost EVEN in one pocket and simulataneously watching the Joyner/Durbin marathon match I was barked at to play some one hole.

So I matched up with Tony from Pinehurst in a 5 ahead set for 700. After losing the first three games in about 10 minutes I battled back and took it down about four hours later. Oh - and I was ALL IN with my available cash - I had $4 left in my pocket. So I claim the distinction of being the worst player at Derby to leave with CASH and was probably the only one to find a real true EVEN game.

Cliff finally got Durbin. I don't know how much Frost and Duell were playing for but I saw the knots they posted so it was quite a bit. Duell is just brilliant, even slightly autistic in my opinion, when it comes to pool. He shot shots that had Frost perplexed and pissed the whole time. Duell did get lucky several times on the shots he tried but for the most part he played perfectly.

I also watched a few games between Efren Reyes and Gabe Owen with Gabe getting 9:7. They traded games while I was watching and it seemed as though Efren wasn't really trying too hard. He just didn't seem to be quite as sharp as in earlier tournament matches. It was like 3:00 am or so when I was watching - I think.

I got a little video of the frost/duell and joyner/durbin matches on my webcam. I don't know how it came out - the lighting was really bad for the webcam. I might post some of it if I have time.

Other than that I have to say that I need SLEEP.

John

Tim-n-NM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OHB thanks for the updates. I know there is a lot going on there, So I am thankful for you taking the time for us that could not make it.

Ratchet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep

Snapshot9 said:
Lil John there, or will he be there?

I got his autograph Tuesday just before I left, He was with some friends and supposedly had a matchup on the hook and looking for more seemed like A hell of a nice guy , Matter of fact All the big boys (and girls) seemed very outgoing!

Ratchet - Dat's all I know ...........

Ratchet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry bout that

deadstroke32 said:
Whay happen to all the azer's who are there they should be keeping us to date..On the action ..

When the funds ran low I had to go :( actually if it wasnt for the fact that I didn't bring enough medication for the duration I would still be there although I would have had to bunk under the pool table in the room lololol .....

I was starting to get that reporting nailed down !!well...maybe just a little nailed

Ratchet -

Ratchet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OHB Rocks.......

OldHasBeen said:
The AZ/OP room is awsome thanks to williebetmore, Randi, Timberly, and the ever present Ratchet. About all I have had time to do there is get some pros to sign the banner and play a little.

TY & GL, (OHB)

I found OHB to be a really decent guy who really is a man of action He talks the talk and walks the walk ,He introduced Buddy Hall to the AZB room and I think he likes what he sees because he has been in and out quite a few times It was a pleasure watching Buddy just hang out and shoot around although he looked like he wasnt feeling well .....OHB is pleasant to be around and an entertainer to boot ...Thanks for the kind words my friend I was glad to help out and wish it had been possible to remain there

Ratchet - Leaving Ya all there felt like leaving family ! Oh and Let me know how my "son" is doin' lol?

lamar25

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
onepocketchump said:
Here's one for you from a poster with an "ego".

At six am yesterday, while watching Corey trounce Scott Frost EVEN in one pocket and simulataneously watching the Joyner/Durbin marathon match I was barked at to play some one hole.

So I matched up with Tony from Pinehurst in a 5 ahead set for 700. After losing the first three games in about 10 minutes I battled back and took it down about four hours later. Oh - and I was ALL IN with my available cash - I had $4 left in my pocket. So I claim the distinction of being the worst player at Derby to leave with CASH and was probably the only one to find a real true EVEN game.

Cliff finally got Durbin. I don't know how much Frost and Duell were playing for but I saw the knots they posted so it was quite a bit. Duell is just brilliant, even slightly autistic in my opinion, when it comes to pool. He shot shots that had Frost perplexed and pissed the whole time. Duell did get lucky several times on the shots he tried but for the most part he played perfectly.

I also watched a few games between Efren Reyes and Gabe Owen with Gabe getting 9:7. They traded games while I was watching and it seemed as though Efren wasn't really trying too hard. He just didn't seem to be quite as sharp as in earlier tournament matches. It was like 3:00 am or so when I was watching - I think.

I got a little video of the frost/duell and joyner/durbin matches on my webcam. I don't know how it came out - the lighting was really bad for the webcam. I might post some of it if I have time.

Other than that I have to say that I need SLEEP.

John

Hey John,
Just to let you know, I was not refering to you when I refered to "player with an ego".

You posted the kind of information I'm looking for. THANKS.

Good to see you back.

"Have a nice day",
Lamar

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sweatinNbettin said:
WEll the long awaited return of Eric Durbin has surfaced and he is taking on CLiff a we speak 10/7 in one pocket.....man I hate work right now....glad the bettin half of us is at DCC already. I will be there Wednesday.......
I will post more later when he lets me know more details.

Anybody know how Watson & Hennesee turned out?
It was past my bedtime.

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
NorthCarolinian said:
How were watson and hennessee playing? what kind of set and how much money?
I think Tony and Jonathan played 8 ahead for 2 dimes with Hennessee getting the last 2. Jonathan won the set.

Mike

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Mike Templeton said:
I think Tony and Jonathan played 8 ahead for 2 dimes with Hennessee getting the last 2. Jonathan won the set.

Mike
Jon was getting the last two. It was 8 ahead for 3 bags of sand (plus a few jellybeans I had bet with various people). :cool:

T

Timberly

CaptainHook said:
Did anyone see Tommy Kennedy or David Howard there? I have not heard anything from them?:)
I didn't see either one of them. For all the players that were there, I was still surprised at all the players that weren't there. There were quite a few MIA's.

prolecat

Go Gators!
Silver Member
Sounds so exciting, looking forward to hooking up with some AZ'ers next year for my first DCC!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my faves from the OHB:
A lot of "First" for this OHB playing "Alex The Lion".

First - We played on the TV table.
Second - We played with the measles cue ball.
Third - We used the Sardo Rack.

The first game set the tone for the match.

Alex won the break flip and I played excellent safety’s to get the score to me +2 & Alex -2 after about 8 innings. I was off on a safety shot by about ¼ inch and Alex ran 10 & out.
Second game - After 9 innings Alex owed 1 and I had 1. Alex kicked 3 rails and made a dead combo in the stack and ran 9 & out.
Third game - He just ran 8 & out from the second shot after the break.

Wow - At one time I actually felt like I was playing Louie back in the '70's. He goes straight for the jugular and shows no mercy. If he does play a safety it is still about 80% offence. This Alex is really a very nice & funny guy to play with.
I was glad to be able to play on the TV table and enjoyed the entire experience.
Now that I'm "In The Money", I hope I draw Efren next. I think I now have these Philippino’s figured out. All I have to do is play perfect, don't miss anything, and hope they are off a little bit.

“Now On To Action”, OHB.