Everyone's favorite kind of thread - Schon ID help please!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I have an email in to Schon, but does anyone know the model this Unique is based on?

Also, if anyone likes it, it may be for sale. Toss those thoughts on value out. All white is ivory [except the buttcap]. Mother of pearl inlays as well.

A LOT of inlays. One of the fancier Schons I have seen, even the Uniques.

Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks either way!

Attachments

• IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 541

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Schon can't answer you it's because the Mother of pearl was added after market, IMHO.
Nice looking cue BTW.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Schon can't answer you it's because the Mother of pearl was added after market, IMHO.
Nice looking cue BTW.

Schon used a lot of that synthetic mop. I think a little goes a long way. This much is "globbish". I mean "unique".

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Schon used a lot of that synthetic mop. I think a little goes a long way. This much is "globbish". I mean "unique".

This stuff looks pretty real. Has the inclusions and everything. The synthetic stuff was always 'perfect'

onefastmfn71

21 oz ebony....old school
Silver Member
How do you determine the U4 part? I thought the idea behind the Unique cues was that they were all one of a kind, or,,,, unique. Why would there be a numerical identifier needed for that?

Schon gave the Uniques an identification number. This is the one and only U4 (Unique #4).

They used a lot of abolne in the high end cues, so may not be MOP. Hard to tell from internet pics.

Sorry for the crappy pic, but Schon only published small pics and I blew it up as much as possible..

picture.php

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Schon gave the Uniques an identification number. This is the one and only U4 (Unique #4).

They used a lot of abolne in the high end cues, so may not be MOP. Hard to tell from internet pics.

Sorry for the crappy pic, but Schon only published small pics and I blew it up as much as possible..

picture.php

Thanks for that, I thought it was Abalone but figured I was wrong because I've only seen MOP on Schon cues in my experience