Kamui chalks doing recall

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. for that. I have both, haven't tried the Silver Cup (it came with the table).

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Datapoint: I got Master chalk for 50ȼ a cube, shipped, when I bought 2 boxes, totaling 24 cubes, on Amazon.

(Truth is, it's far too much chalk for one home table.)

p.s. Is Silver Cup chalk any good?

Which one stays on the tip better? Which one makes less mess on your cue, table, hands, and the cue ball. $4 is the least expensive thing you'll pay for in pool ;)

Again, if it's not better, if its not cleaner, if you don't miscue less, or if you don't even believe it was worth the $4 a cube, you lose nothing with a money back guarantee.

I'd put Silver Cup in the Masters category. I have nothing to say about either. Masters is run by a good dude and he does a lot for the sport. So, folks using Masters does not bother me, or using any premium chalk. We'll NEVER be as big as Masters. We're in almost 2 dozen countries now, so we just want a small slice of the pie, we don't need the entire pie :)

Use what you like but sometimes a little change won't kill you ;) I'm spoiled as I don't even like to chalk with a non premium chalk, like nails on a chalk board ;) But, that's just me. But 50K or more folks switched in the last few years without returning one cube of chalk. That's pretty strong !!

Last edited:

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which one stays on the tip better? Which one makes less mess on your cue, table, hands, and the cue ball. $4 is the least expensive thing you'll pay for in pool ;)

Again, if it's not better, if its not cleaner, if you don't miscue less, or if you don't even believe it was worth the $4 a cube, you lose nothing with a money back guarantee.

I'd put Silver Cup in the Masters category. I have nothing to say about either. Masters is run by a good dude and he does a lot for the sport. So, folks using Masters does not bother me, or using any premium chalk. We'll NEVER be as big as Masters. We're in almost 2 dozen countries now, so we just want a small slice of the pie, we don't need the entire pie :)

Use what you like but sometimes a little change won't kill you ;) I'm spoiled as I don't even like to chalk with a non premium chalk, like nails on a chalk board ;) But, that's just me. But 50K or more folks switched in the last few years without returning one cube of chalk. That's pretty strong !!

I have gray Simonis, does it come in gray? :)

I might try it some time. If it was available over the counter for $4, sure. I'm sure it does all that you say. But to pay shipping on top of that I'll probably pass.

Besides, there's something wonderfully simple about chalking for ever shot. It becomes part of the ritual, even the rhythm. With Magic, how do you know when to chalk? Do you count strokes? I lose track of strokes in golf!

If I were you, I'd revolutionize the pool hall industry by convincing them to do away with free chalk. Remember water fountains? Now we pay $3, $, even $6 for a bottle of water, depending on venue.

How about this: a vending machine that takes debit cards, EBT, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, etc., and dispenses one cube of your choice of Master, Silver Cup, Magic, or Kamui. Put them in pool halls all over the world, as an extra source of revenue for operators, and a distribution channel for you! (Bear in mind, vending machines are the province of the mafia in many cities.)

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Funny memory about chalk from about the time this post was created. I had just joined the pool world as an active member and player around this time and was very curious about the price of Kamui chalk. I saw the $30 price tag for 1 cube and had assumed that a cube must be a certain gross of product like maybe 4x4x4 cube, kinda like a cord of wood or a dozen eggs. Imagine my surprise when I discovered 1 cube of chalk was exactly that, a single cube and all for the low, low price of only $30. !!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only 100+ times the cost of perfectly good Masters chalk.

What’s not to like?

pj
chgo

A piece of this chalk lasts me almost a year and a half and that’s playing every day and it’s better then masters.. I can a ford $1 and change a month to use chalk. Sorry if you can’t.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
A piece of this chalk lasts me almost a year and a half and that’s playing every day and it’s better then masters.. I can a ford $1 and change a month to use chalk. Sorry if you can’t.
I get Masters chalk for 25 cents a cube. It works fine, a cube lasts several months, and I don't worry about miscuing before I remember to chalk again.

Sorry if that math is over your head.

pj
chgo

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
All chalk makes some mess. But nothing like this overpriced crap. Master is easy to clean up but this crap is a pain in the ass. But if its what you like then its what you like, so go for it. I fish all Stella reels. Stradic's would work just fine, but I like the overpriced Stella's better. So I get what you're saying.

Show off LOL... I cringe when I buy a Ci4:thumbup:

BankT8Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui vs Master chalk
I look at it this way.
I've seen in the past from someone leaving
a Kamui chalk behind.
Now it just cost that person double the cost of the chalk.
For that price you could buy 2 gross boxes (1 gross 144 pieces) of
Master chalk and can give some away..... :wink:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Show off LOL... I cringe when I buy a Ci4:thumbup:

I used one to fish for Yellowfin in Venice a few years back and got hooked. Smoothest drag on the planet. I just hope the wife never finds out what they cost.

ColoDC

Registered
I have played for over 39 years.I am not a fan of layered tips. If you use them you must use a sticker chalk because of the hard glue between the leather layers. Most of the newer chalks have a makeup like oil in them that makes it sticks to everything. If you pay more for layered tip then you need the more expense chalk or run the risk of miss cue. Remember most older pro's did not have all this fancy stuff. Most played of the wall.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I am not a fan of layered tips. If you use them you must use a sticker chalk because of the hard glue between the leather layers.
Not in my experience. I’ve used only layered tips with plain old Masters chalk for 20+ years and never had a single problem or even noticed the glue.

pj
chgo

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I have gray Simonis, does it come in gray? :)

I might try it some time. If it was available over the counter for $4, sure. I'm sure it does all that you say. But to pay shipping on top of that I'll probably pass.

Besides, there's something wonderfully simple about chalking for ever shot. It becomes part of the ritual, even the rhythm. With Magic, how do you know when to chalk? Do you count strokes? I lose track of strokes in golf!

If I were you, I'd revolutionize the pool hall industry by convincing them to do away with free chalk. Remember water fountains? Now we pay $3, $, even $6 for a bottle of water, depending on venue.

How about this: a vending machine that takes debit cards, EBT, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, etc., and dispenses one cube of your choice of Master, Silver Cup, Magic, or Kamui. Put them in pool halls all over the world, as an extra source of revenue for operators, and a distribution channel for you! (Bear in mind, vending machines are the province of the mafia in many cities.)

I'd say that 90% or more of Magic Chalk users chalk up on every shot. I'm one of the few who just chalks before the game starts. I know I can shoot 40-50 shots without chalking again, and the day I have to take 40 shots in a game of 8ball is the day I'm turning in my cue ;) So, no, I don't have to count strokes. When the game is over and I chalk before the next game. Now, I have played league night and shot the entire night only chalking once. yeah, I was nervous on game 6, which was my final game, but no problems. Won't do that again, but I wanted to try it at least once.

Magic Chalk is not "pasty" like Kamui. It's more like regular chalk, but finer and thus smoother and makes less mess and sticks to the tip better. Thus, you don't have to "drill" when you chalk. Chalk every time, just a swipe or two and you're good. It does not "cake" up so you can chalk as much as you want, even if you are a "driller".

Actually, I prefer folks that chalk after each shot as they tend to buy more chalk ;)

But, yes, shipping charges apply, and why most folks buy a few boxes at a time. And if you order through Seyberts while buying something else, many folks just add the chalk then since it won't cost extra to throw in a box or two of chalk.