DAZN and Boxing Fans

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
They always will.

I remember riding with my dad in his 1960 Ford Starliner and a fight came on the radio. I said "Dad, who do you think will win?" Dad said "Sonny Liston is going to murder him."

Imagine my dad's disbelief when Cassius Clay knocked out Liston, the most feared fighter of his day. I became a real fan of boxing that day and was hooked on boxing. It still is the sweet science with a long, colorful history. Although I don't really follow it closely, I love championship matches.

Clay did not knock him out.
Liston quit on his stool. :D
Liston claimed he dislocated his shoulder.
Clay was too good. People just did not know it yet.
Liston's corner did all the dirty tricks to try to get to the kid who had insane radar. They poured hydrogen peroxide on Liston's glove and hair.
Clay was blinded for a while then he recovered and pasted Liston stinging one-two's after that .

I'm glad the heavyweights today has a few good fighters.
It was awful for a long time.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
They always will.

I remember riding with my dad in his 1960 Ford Starliner and a fight came on the radio. I said "Dad, who do you think will win?" Dad said "Sonny Liston is going to murder him."

Imagine my dad's disbelief when Cassius Clay knocked out Liston, the most feared fighter of his day. I became a real fan of boxing that day and was hooked on boxing. It still is the sweet science with a long, colorful history. Although I don't really follow it closely, I love championship matches.

Liston claimed he dislocated his shoulder.
Clay was too good. People just did not know it yet.
Liston's corner did all the dirty tricks to try to get to the kid who had insane radar. They poured hydrogen peroxide on Liston's glove and hair.
Clay was blinded for a while then he recovered and pasted Liston stinging one-two's after that .

I'm glad the heavyweights today has a few good fighters.
It was awful for a long time.

The line in my area was Liston was 8-1 favorite.
I liked how Cassius talked so I wanted to bet him.
...I settled for getting 5-1....made ‘em all sick....:happydance:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Oh yeah, that's right. Remember back when you had to go to a movie theater to see a big fight? I remember seeing Frazier/Ali in the theater. Those fights were the greatest I've ever seen.

What cured me of the theater thing was Tyson/Spinx. I think I paid $25 and it was over in 91 seconds.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i still go to theaters boxing on occasion

i have never seen a fight anywhere else since Ali

exactly how do you get to watch this fight
i never heard of daz etc

i amout of it

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
The biggest mistake Ruiz made was taking the re-match. Joshua danced, kept his distance and threw impressive jabs for 12 rounds. He basically won every round . I think he is a better, smarter fighter after this and should be able to handle a brawler from now on.

Wilder - Joshua, that's what I want to see.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The biggest mistake Ruiz made was taking the re-match. Joshua danced, kept his distance and threw impressive jabs for 12 rounds. He basically won every round . I think he is a better, smarter fighter after this and should be able to handle a brawler from now on.

They had a rematch clause. He had no choice.
Biggest mistake Ruiz made was getting fat and not working out in the summer.

Joshua is not going to outbox Tyson Fury, imo.
And Wilder would KO him still.

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree on both counts. It seems Joshua learned from his loss and fought a smart fight this time...actually using his jab, and clenching when he was in the danger zone with Ruiz. What surprised me the most is that Ruiz’s corner seemed to just dismiss the possibility that a more talented, longer Joshua would learn from the first fight and use that jab the way he should. Ruiz’s corner should’ve seen that coming, imo, and developed a strategy to get inside. There was no such plan, however, and Joshua fought a smart fight and just out boxed Ruiz for 12 rounds.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

In the meantime, we can watch the Fury-Wilder rematch in February, which will be a big fight. I definitely want to see that one. I think Wilder will win that one to set up the Joshua fight.

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in the meantime, we can watch the fury-wilder rematch in february, which will be a big fight. I definitely want to see that one. I think wilder will win that one to set up the joshua fight.

.............💯👍

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Andy Ruiz would stop Wilder no problem. Wilder has no footwork and windmill wide shots. Andys handspeed, power, and granite chin would beat Wilder IMHO.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the meantime, we can watch the Fury-Wilder rematch in February, which will be a big fight. I definitely want to see that one. I think Wilder will win that one to set up the Joshua fight.

I thought their first fight was 50-50 and I think the same again, more or less - maybe Wilder has a slight edge. Joshua, IMO has the edge over Wilder as he is a better boxer but would go for the early to mid round knockout because he can’t risk getting hit with a late Wilder bomb. Fury would probably outbox Joshua and it would be a bit of a bore fest. It’s the heavyweights though so you never know.

Joshua-Wilder though - yes that would we an interesting fight. Hopefully a good old fashioned tear up.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I thought their first fight was 50-50 and I think the same again, more or less - maybe Wilder has a slight edge. Joshua, IMO has the edge over Wilder as he is a better boxer but would go for the early to mid round knockout because he can’t risk getting hit with a late Wilder bomb. Fury would probably outbox Joshua and it would be a bit of a bore fest. It’s the heavyweights though so you never know.

Joshua-Wilder though - yes that would we an interesting fight. Hopefully a good old fashioned tear up.

Wilder will starch either one of these guys. After watching this fight it's obvious that the 3 best heavyweights on the planet are Wilder, Fury and Ortiz.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree, can't see Joshua beating either of those guys.

Wilder said something like "Fury has to be perfect every second of every round, where I only have to be perfect for one second", it's hard to bet against Wilder's one-punch power that he carries through the late rounds. But, I think Tyson beats him again(he won that first one in my opinion).

TotalWildCobra-size_restricted.gif