Tony Chohan - Derby 2005?

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it was the 2005 Derby when I first saw Tony Chohan play. He was playing Leil Gay 1pocket for 1k a game. I didn't think there was any way a straight shooting kid from California could beat such a seasoned 1pocket star. I kept saying to myself "he can't keep making those flyers". Its took about 5 games and a few hundred dollars before I was a believer. That was a great year at the derby, also when the Russian was in action non-stop.

Either way, Just thought of Tony.

I think he just past the 4 yr mark, have there been any updates?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it was the 2005 Derby when I first saw Tony Chohan play. He was playing Leil Gay 1pocket for 1k a game. I didn't think there was any way a straight shooting kid from California could beat such a seasoned 1pocket star. I kept saying to myself "he can't keep making those flyers". Its took about 5 games and a few hundred dollars before I was a believer. That was a great year at the derby, also when the Russian was in action non-stop.

Either way, Just thought of Tony.

I think he just past the 4 yr mark, have there been any updates?

We spoke to him yesterday. He's hanging in there. Hoping to get his review in 2014 for consideration of an early release. He's facing 7 years altogether. So far, he has good behavior, so that's a good thing. He misses his family terribly.

He sent us a really beautiful Christmas card, one of the best ones we received this Christmas. I loved it.

He calls Keith up almost daily and asks for the college sports odds. I guess that he has a group of friends inside that enjoy college sports, and they probably make wagers on it, you know, canteen food and stuff like that.

There's no smoking where he's at, so he's given up that bad habit, as has Keith. Today is 16 days that Keith has had no cigarettes. Yay, Keith! :)

Attachments

• Tony Chohan 2.jpg
    Tony Chohan 2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 885

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I MISS THOSE DAYS AT OLD VENUE! HAVE NOT BEEN BACK SINCE LAST YEAR THERE 08. BEEN TOLD BY MANY NOT MISSING MUCH AT NEW LOCATION NOT NEAR AS FUN.:sorry:

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
I'm not Tonys buddy or anything but I did play him some before he went away . It's been plenty long enough since he's been incarcerated . It's time to let him out. Hopefully 2014 is a good year for tony .

Reactions: JAM