Diamond professional table

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Deep down I would like to have my gc restored. Also, from what I have learned, the parts are not easy to find.

What parts do you need?
Are they missing?
Fleabay now has new replacement pocket castings or they can be powder coated to any color and finish.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you to all who said such nice things about me. I am just working hard and doing the best I can. I love what I do and my life revolves around pool.
Trent from Toledo

Thank you for educating buyers and servicing tables correctly.

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What parts do you need?
Are they missing?
Fleabay now has new replacement pocket castings or they can be powder coated to any color and finish.

The only parts missing are the plastic aprons (wings as Trent calls them). I would like to replace some of the hardware. The rest is all cosmetic. The table is solid.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
The only parts missing are the plastic aprons (wings as Trent calls them). I would like to replace some of the hardware. The rest is all cosmetic. The table is solid.

Trent can help you out I am sure.

“Plastic Aprons”? Wings?
I can’t think of any plastic parts on my GCIV.

I have drop pockets.
If yours has a ball return then maybe you are describing the short dished pieces that transition from the pocket liner to the main system of return gullies?
I’ve always heard those called “Gully Boots” or Wings.

Classic Billiards has a set for $195.
https://www.classicbilliards.net/po...nt-gully-boot-for-gold-crown-four-models.html

Valley tables have them, but GC’s use a one piece rubber pocket for their gully system.
So I am not sure.

Trent will know.
I am interested in knowing.

***Fair warning***
I am not a table repair person, just someone who wants to learn and help out when I can.

Attachments

• C4C9CC72-A7E0-4E07-8DF8-73F908C32D88.jpeg
    C4C9CC72-A7E0-4E07-8DF8-73F908C32D88.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 265A4268-2AF8-4974-99E1-DE818A805D93.jpeg
    265A4268-2AF8-4974-99E1-DE818A805D93.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Trent can help you out I am sure.

“Plastic Aprons”? Wings?
I can’t think of any plastic parts on my GCIV.

I have drop pockets.
If yours has a ball return then maybe you are describing the short dished pieces that transition from the pocket liner to the main system of return gullies?
I’ve always heard those called “Gully Boots” or Wings.

Classic Billiards has a set for $195.
https://www.classicbilliards.net/po...nt-gully-boot-for-gold-crown-four-models.html

Valley tables have them, but GC’s use a one piece rubber pocket for their gully system.
So I am not sure.

Trent will know.
I am interested in knowing.

***Fair warning***
I am not a table repair person, just someone who wants to learn and help out when I can.

The "wings" are only on the 1 & 2. the come out from under the corners of the table to cover the ball return/ or drop pockets. I only have a set for an oversized 8 pro. Gulley return or drop pockets can be bought for much cheaper than that. I will sell replacements of either for $125 shipped. As for the knock off GC castings, I can get those quit a bit cheaper as well. It really depends on what you want from your table, if you want perfect: Buy a Gold Crown 6 or a Diamond Professional. These are the absolute 2 best tables in the world in my opinion. I find it interesting that people are willing to spend money on silly things, but, when it comes to something like this they will pucker up. What do you get to keep and use your whole life? Not many things, buying either of the tables I mentioned are a LIFE purchase. You will figure it out and make the decision best for you. Patience in all of this is essential! Good luck.

Trent from Toledo

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Buy a Gold Crown 6 or a Diamond Professional. These are the absolute 2 best tables in the world in my opinion.
Trent from Toledo

The GC6. It's a new style that's loved or hated. I think the GC got killed style wise . It should be called GC6plus or something like that. The overlapping pocket castings gotta go. They would look better in bronze.

The Diamond is as functional/durable as can be. A build well plain Jane. There's an interesting balance comparing Diamond & GC6. Cannot not go wrong with either table.

Trent.... If you had to choose a Pro or GC6 for your personal table...which one and why.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
The GC6. It's a new style that's loved or hated. I think the GC got killed style wise . It should be called CG6plus or something like that. The overlapping pocket castings gotta go. They would look better in bronze.

The Diamond is as functional/durable as can be. A build well plain Jane. There's an interesting balance comparing Diamond & GC6. Cannot not go wrong with either table.

Trent.... If you had to choose a Pro or GC6 for your personal table...which one and why.

I am going to say this first: I LOVE BOTH TABLES AND SELL THEM BOTH!!

That one is easy, I would go with a GC6. Having recently installed 2 of them, one new and one floor model. I like the construction better. I also like all the cool metal trim pieces. Yeah I hear you guys out their cussing me because you have been banging your $2k + cues on those in-animate objects and then blaming them!! HAHAHAHAHA.

I feel the construction is close on the 2 tables. Its no secret where the Professional design obviously came from. Yes Diamond did things much differently, but, the base design is obvious. Not to mention they originally came with Brunswick Superspeed Cushions on them, then Championship Fleetwood, then their own black k55 Diamond and then finally Artemis on the 9's only

I am always gonna go solid wood beams for the frame over man made beams. Slate-screws strip out MUCH easier on the manmade beams. The GC6 frame is better because it is solid wood. Also the Pedestal legs on a Pro are made of high density Fiberboard & poplar and veneered with oak on the front/ back of the faces, the side caps are solid oak, but this offers nothing to the build of the legs.

The GC6 pedestals use plywood and poplar glued and nailed. Construction is far better IMO.

I do not play at tournaments, if I were tryin to do those things I would go Diamond Professional. The shelf depth makes them way more difficult to play on and the Diamond Pro Am is the standard at the moment.

The Gold Crown banks like a dream. No one can deny that. With Pro or Super Pro Cut pocket they play tough too.

Gotta run, U-Toledo HomeComing Football Game! I am a Knight of Columbus and we operate one of the concession stands, gotta put my time in today! See ya

Trent from Toledo

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
“I am always gonna go solid wood beams for the frame over man made beams. Slate-screws strip out MUCH easier on the manmade beams. The GC6 frame is better because it is solid wood. Also the Pedestal legs on a Pro are made of high density Fiberboard & poplar and veneered with oak on the front/ back of the faces, the side caps are solid oak, but this offers nothing to the build of the legs.”

The fiberboard is concerning. I thought the diamond was solid wood.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would wait for Trent’s answer but I think they are flush. I would go with the gc6 too but that’s 4 grand more.

I’ve seen them protruding slightly... not sure if that’s from installation or out of the box fit. Four thou is slot of money. The Diamond is a bulldozer. It is a tank. Nothing not to like ..... but some people think the pockets are too tight. Give that thought before getting one. I like them a lot and I’m an average shooter. I’d like to know the delivery schedule on a new Diamond. Another thing to consider.... Diamonds get played on at Tournaments and sold immediately after at a reduced price. They are not USED tables.

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve seen them protruding slightly... not sure if that’s from installation or out of the box fit. Four thou is slot of money. The Diamond is a bulldozer. It is a tank. Nothing not to like ..... but some people think the pockets are too tight. Give that thought before getting one. I like them a lot and I’m an average shooter. I’d like to know the delivery schedule on a new Diamond. Another thing to consider.... Diamonds get played on at Tournaments and sold immediately after at a reduced price. They are not USED tables.

I’m a little worried about the diamond not having solid wood. It is very humid here were I live. My gc is solid wood and is not sagging after 50 years. I have thought about the tournament tables. I would think they would be sold directly through diamond. It was funny when I contacted diamond. They weren’t rude but they were insistent on contacting a dealer.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m a little worried about the diamond not having solid wood. It is very humid here were I live. My gc is solid wood and is not sagging after 50 years. I have thought about the tournament tables. I would think they would be sold directly through diamond. It was funny when I contacted diamond. They weren’t rude but they were insistent on contacting a dealer.

Our community clubhouse bought 4 ProAms from
a local dealer. I don’t think we saved that much. Trent comes across excellent condition GC’s. Stay in touch with him.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Diamonds get played on at Tournaments and sold immediately after at a reduced price. They are not USED tables.

Not so much all true. They do not sell them like they used to. They cannot even keep up with production as is, what makes sense about selling them all at the discounted prices they used to. They have "fleets" of Tourney tables and they maintain them so well that you would not be able to look at them an say they are used.

The Expo does sell them at a pretty good discount, that is because they buy all of them at dealer cost and then sell them all at the end. Diamond does sell them from the factory. IMO I would go with new, T. used are only $400 less than new and you get used cloth. Delivery schedule on a new Diamond is 10-12 weeks, kind of matters where you live. Here is the price sheet:

49411169_10218324619089804_7346526510242594816_n.jpg

As for the GC 6 castings they are almost completely flush.

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Not so much all true. They do not sell them like they used to. They cannot even keep up with production as is, what makes sense about selling them all at the discounted prices they used to. They have "fleets" of Tourney tables and they maintain them so well that you would not be able to look at them an say they are used.

The Expo does sell them at a pretty good discount, that is because they buy all of them at dealer cost and then sell them all at the end. Diamond does sell them from the factory. IMO I would go with new, T. used are only $400 less than new and you get used cloth. Delivery schedule on a new Diamond is 10-12 weeks, kind of matters where you live. Here is the price sheet:

49411169_10218324619089804_7346526510242594816_n.jpg

As for the GC 6 castings they are almost completely flush.

Trent from Toledo

Myth busters would have a field day with you😂

realkingcobra

Silver Member

The Expo does sell them at a pretty good discount, that is because they buy all of them at dealer cost and then sell them all at the end

Who's buying all of them at dealer cost up front? And trust me when I say, you can tell the difference between a tournament used table from a new one, hell, even Stevie Wonder could see the difference.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You referring to the frame? That laminated frame is STRONG and durable. I live in Ok. where its humid to say the least. They use laminated trusses to build houses and they last FOREVER. The laminated planks under the slate are marine-grade plywood. Same deal, will last forever.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Who's buying all of them at dealer cost up front? And trust me when I say, you can tell the difference between a tournament used table from a new one, hell, even Stevie Wonder could see the difference.

Our community bought 4 Tourney tables from a local player/supplier. I think we paid more or close to a new one. They look played on as the white trail lines from breaking are present. I think the only advantage was not having to wait for new tables to be constructed. We got these fast. Personally we overpaid.