Bonus Ball Latest

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
'overwhelming support during the hiatus'

That is some backhanded PR work right there, ha.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope the playoffs will be live. I can't bet on the other matches. Can someone please get the scoreboard working again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I'm not sure if I'm interested anymore (if I was even that interested in the first place). Seems like its time has passed to me.

Last edited:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they really are back on, I would give it another chance. I was starting to enjoy it before it was canceled. Was actually looking forward to taking in a live match.

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
I am definitely looking forward to it. I was not that into it before but then I watched Toasty's 60 ball run and saw that it was more than just a gimmick. It takes a great deal of skill acquired from several types of games. Hell I might even get one of them fancy Minnesota jerseys, but only if it says Toasty on the back.

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
I enjoy watching bonus ball, but I find the reemergence bittersweet...

I paid for the last week of bonus ball that "never happened," as in I had paid for a week's worth of bonus ball, a day prior to the announcement that they were temporarily suspending operations. Once I realized that this might not be so temporary (and nearing the time when I could no longer dispute the transaction on paypal), I contacted the WPBL through paypal. I even told them they could just reimburse me 9.99 since 3 dollars was for archived matches. I was friendly in my contact with them...got no response. I ended up having to open a case against them and, fortunately, I won. It was aggravating and even though it wasn't a lot of money, to me it is more the principle. Earlier in the Bonus Ball season I had contacted them through their webpage (where they say they will respond in 48 hours or something like that)...no response then either.

I think Bonus Ball is good for pool, but they could stand to improve relations with their customers (and their employees). I might become a customer of the streams again...it supports the pros, but if I hear even so much as an inkling of checks being late then I will retract my support. If that happens again then you know that the ship has sunk for good.

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was a nasayer in the beginning too. Watched the freebies on youtube and got interested. It could be an interesting game.

I freakin hate the artistist pool, trick shots, and speed pool. It is a joke and turns me off. Even worse it makes pool like a carnival side show to the general public.

I watched enough to think that Houston Hustlers is by far the most stacked team with the best players.

I was hoping everything was on the up and up and we could get some gambling going on it.

Ken

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope it happens there has been a lot of last minute changes in the past. The 3 handed matches are good to watch, i like the talking and coaching each other, could be a big part of putting some personality in the game,

Need a shirt has anyone else ordered one, if so are they nice.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Yeah I'm definitely not against 2nd chances...and there were things I liked about it. I just hope everything goes well this time. I saw that thread about JA playing challenge BB matches at that pool room. Stuff like that is a good idea and wasn't done the first time around so that's a little encouraging.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lenny,

Do you know for the upcoming matches, if the format is the same, and just the season is shortened. In other words, is the game rules and production the same as before?

Thanks.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Format is the same.

Only changes are below:
Season consists of 9 weeks, some are already done.
Players will be getting paid 1/3 of what they were.
Players got paid, so thats a change as well.
The little bit of season left will be TAPED, not LIVE starting Nov. 2nd.
Playoffs hopefully they happen, but the projected payouts from before, ZERO chance of becoming reality.

Enjoy, it will be tough to ever be restarted again after this without further changes. Just glad they got paid. And ive still yet seen any of these guys playing bonus ball, practicing, gambling, etc. And ive been around atleast 10 of the players for extended periods since it shutdown.

drummerlee

Registered
I enjoy watching bonus ball, but I find the reemergence bittersweet...

I paid for the last week of bonus ball that "never happened," as in I had paid for a week's worth of bonus ball, a day prior to the announcement that they were temporarily suspending operations. Once I realized that this might not be so temporary (and nearing the time when I could no longer dispute the transaction on paypal), I contacted the WPBL through paypal. I even told them they could just reimburse me 9.99 since 3 dollars was for archived matches. I was friendly in my contact with them...got no response. I ended up having to open a case against them and, fortunately, I won. It was aggravating and even though it wasn't a lot of money, to me it is more the principle. Earlier in the Bonus Ball season I had contacted them through their webpage (where they say they will respond in 48 hours or something like that)...no response then either.

I think Bonus Ball is good for pool, but they could stand to improve relations with their customers (and their employees). I might become a customer of the streams again...it supports the pros, but if I hear even so much as an inkling of checks being late then I will retract my support. If that happens again then you know that the ship has sunk for good.

Like you I paid and never had a response regarding refund. And it was the whole season that I bought. Over £100 and no response from them :-(
So disappointing as I really like the game and wish it well.
I have no clue wether I'll ever see that money returned...

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Johnny told me Wednes:

Players will get paid in full before play resumes (for past due pay)
Nov 2nd to 9th to wrap up 1st season, tape delayed
Playoffs begin right after New Years
Larry got some money
Little to no rule changes for now
Other things best left unsaid

Last edited: