Another Pivot Variation

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I understand completely about realigning your body when using bhe to keep the stroke feeling right. A beneficial thing to do when using bhe is to pay attention to where your stroke is directed/pointed after the bhe pivot. By doing this (paying attention to where your cue is pointed), you're brain will eventually have your body automatically lining up for the english without the need to first line up straight before pivoting the bhe. You just move right into the proper stroke line that accounts for the spin you're wanting to use.

Maybe we should consult with Lowenstein.
He's an expert on everyone's setup.

The one who claimed his system he uses takes care of deflection and throw.

The video linked here clearly shows the shooter move his grip hand to a different distance from his body when he pivoted.
Wrong again. Might as well be a signature.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No griping from me. To each their own. But if you think the above statement is "wrong", then you obviously have no clue about Stan Shuffett's CTE method. Or I am not speaking in the correct language to explain CTE. But the videos I referenced in post 36 (mainly the #1 video) cannot be misunderstood. Stan makes it very clear that the masking tape represents the straight on view of the "fixed cb". Two visual lines get you locked onto this "perception" of the fixed cb. From here you come in 1/2 tip left of right of this fixed cb line and pivot to the final ccb for the shot line.
I am in no way downing CTE. In fact, I'm providing readers with opportunities to figure it out. Maybe you should watch Stan's videos. Here....https://www.youtube.com/user/stanandlandonshuffet. Also check this website out....http://www.billiardsthegame.com/cte-the-nuts-and-bolts-653.
There is no way you can honestly say I am wrong about this unless you believe what Stan is doing and saying in the videos is also wrong. Lol. Of course, there's also the very good possibility that you are simply saying I'm wrong for the sake of trolling.
Refer again, please, to my post #38.
Have a good day.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe we should consult with Lowenstein.
He's an expert on everyone's setup.
The one who claimed his system he uses takes care of deflection and throw.
The video linked here clearly shows the shooter move his grip hand to a different distance from his body when he pivoted.
Wrong again. Might as well be a signature.
You might refer to my post #38 and embrace the ideas from the expert on poolology.
Then, you too, might be more confident with your game.
Have a nice day

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The video the op linked to is just another spinoff of CTE. There is nothing misleading in saying that. The guy in the video even says it's his own interpretation of CTE.

CTE uses two reference lines between the cb and ob to get your vision on the correct ccb "perception" for the shot. From this perception you must come in half a tip pivot inside or outside of this ccb perception and then pivot back to ccb in order to arrive at a shot line. This guy simply uses one reference line between the cb and ob, and he only does inside half-tip pivots, which always thins the shot. But at least the guy does state that what he's doing is his own take on CTE and not CTE itself.

And actually there is one video that explains everything about CTE that one needs to know in order to do it in accordance with how Stan Shuffett does it (#1 below). Combine this with #2 and #3 and there is nothing else needed in order to do what Stan is doing, nothing besides a lot of table time to make it work for yourself.

#1: https://youtu.be/2KwI_62Npos

#2: https://youtu.be/4iuvQT7dwfs

#3: https://youtu.be/V8Zmhz1wWWM

It is not misleading to say that what the guy (Lil' Chris) is doing in the video is not Stan or Hal's CTE. It is, however, very similar to what's called "Shishkabob".
You are correct about the 2 lines from cue ball to object ball. You could take any one if stan's videos and say that its not cte (complete) cuz its hard to explain everything in one video. So kinda splitting hairs. Not sure why that seems nessacary.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are correct about the 2 lines from cue ball to object ball. You could take any one if stan's videos and say that its not cte (complete) cuz its hard to explain everything in one video. So kinda splitting hairs. Not sure why that seems nessacary.

In fact lil Chris' vid showed more about cte than any other (1 video) by anybody i have seen anywhere. Just needs to incorporate the 2nd line and the outside pivot.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
In fact lil Chris' vid showed more about cte than any other (1 video) by anybody i have seen anywhere. Just needs to incorporate the 2nd line and the outside pivot.

It is a very good video. If he were to use the 2 line perception method, instead of simply aiming half-tip straight at A, B, or C, and if he used outside pivots as well when appropriate, then it would be the best CTE video I've seen. But he doesn't do that, so it's just another variation/spinoff of CTE. I mean, even he states that what he's doing is his own interpretation. Still, it's a great video. I like the extra camera angle, and what he's doing works well for the handful of predefined angles he uses.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong again
Alphonso Bedoya, the famous Mexican pool player, has the answers for you...........:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:
Badges #2 with caption.jpg

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The video the op linked to is just another spinoff of CTE. There is nothing misleading in saying that. The guy in the video even says it's his own interpretation of CTE.

CTE uses two reference lines between the cb and ob to get your vision on the correct ccb "perception" for the shot. From this perception you must come in half a tip pivot inside or outside of this ccb perception and then pivot back to ccb in order to arrive at a shot line. This guy simply uses one reference line between the cb and ob, and he only does inside half-tip pivots, which always thins the shot. But at least the guy does state that what he's doing is his own take on CTE and not CTE itself.

And actually there is one video that explains everything about CTE that one needs to know in order to do it in accordance with how Stan Shuffett does it (#1 below). Combine this with #2 and #3 and there is nothing else needed in order to do what Stan is doing, nothing besides a lot of table time to make it work for yourself.

#1: https://youtu.be/2KwI_62Npos

#2: https://youtu.be/4iuvQT7dwfs

#3: https://youtu.be/V8Zmhz1wWWM

It is not misleading to say that what the guy (Lil' Chris) is doing in the video is not Stan or Hal's CTE. It is, however, very similar to what's called "Shishkabob".
As i said, you could take any video Stan or Hal made and make the same assertion (based on content). They don't cover every aspect of the system in any given video. Over the past 3 or 4 years i have watched many and had to kind of string them together to begin to understand them. So to say the origonal post video is not cte is not accurate.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong again.
Your senior citizen juvenile game ain't working.
Try harder .
Oh come on Joey....your sense of humor is tanking on you. Lighten up.
I mean no malice toward you. I can't help it if you haven't yet moved into the new world with new ideas about this stuff.
Merely teasing you a little, ace.
I predict that one of the days you will be one of the biggest supporters of "the method", once you get past the BS negativism of the soothsayers and false prophets.
Have a good day.
Oh, I forgot to say it..........."You're wrong again"
:D

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Oh come on Joey....your sense of humor is tanking on you. Lighten up.
I can't help it if you haven't yet moved into the new world with new ideas about this stuff.
Merely teasing you a little, ace.
I predict that my game will be worse from all the pivoting I have no clue how to do and why .

:D

Omg, you are so funny.
What was your take on the original post ?
Oh, nothing.
You just came to troll.

Attachments

• grampa.jpg
    grampa.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 200

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Omg, you are so funny.
What was your take on the original post ?
Oh, nothing.
You just came to troll.
I can see our individual senses of humor are miles and miles apart.
I don't find 'bathroom stuff ' humorous.
Guess I'll just have to keep you on ignore again for a while and look for better days.
Have a good day, Joey, and bye..........

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see our individual senses of humor are miles and miles apart.
I don't find 'bathroom stuff ' humorous.
Guess I'll just have to keep you on ignore again for a while and look for better days.
Have a good day, Joey, and bye..........

Low Low,

Be a sweetie and start your own thread. Maybe, just maybe, your 2 friends will contribute. Oh, sorry, I forgot. You don't have any friends.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Low Low,
Be a sweetie and start your own thread. Maybe, just maybe, your 2 friends will contribute. Oh, sorry, I forgot. You don't have any friends.
Box Box.
Be a sweetie and start your own thread as well.....in the IGNORE SECTION.
Byeeeeeeeee Box Box. *smoochie*

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Box Box.
Be a sweetie and start your own thread as well.....in the IGNORE SECTION.
Byeeeeeeeee Box Box. *smoochie*

Golly Gee, a stuttering copycat. What an original thinker! No wonder you're a sucker for CTE.

Low Low, you can't ignore me, you're not strong enough.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As i said, you could take any video Stan or Hal made and make the same assertion (based on content). They don't cover every aspect of the system in any given video. Over the past 3 or 4 years i have watched many and had to kind of string them together to begin to understand them. So to say the origonal post video is not cte is not accurate.
Once the all inclusive method for shooting pool the RIGHT way, by Stan Shuffett, hits the market, all misconceptions about pivoting or anything else about aiming will be cleared up once and for all.
I have been privileged to see a preview of some of this mammoth manual and it is without a doubt destined to become the greatest contribution to the game EVER.
His free Truth Series will be the forerunner for anyone who wishes to own the book/manual.
If a skeptic or agnostic cannot grasp the great truths contained therein....then that person should go right back to whatever they've done for years or to what ole "Titanic Turnbull" taught to "Chicago Fatty" upstairs at the Rack on Broadway in 1946. (and leave the ones who're happy with progress ALONE)
You're going to really enjoy the work.
And you will also enjoy the peace and quiet that can be had in this forum by getting rid of the know-it-all nuisances/teachers(?) by utilizing the ignore feature. (I dismissed two more of them yesterday)
Have a good day.

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once the all inclusive method for shooting pool the RIGHT way, by Stan Shuffett, hits the market, all misconceptions about pivoting or anything else about aiming will be cleared up once and for all.

I have been privileged to see a preview of some of this mammoth manual and it is without a doubt destined to become the greatest contribution to the game EVER.

His free Truth Series will be the forerunner for anyone who wishes to own the book/manual.

If a skeptic or agnostic cannot grasp the great truths contained therein....then that person should go right back to whatever they've done for years or to what ole "Titanic Turnbull" taught to "Chicago Fatty" upstairs at the Rack on Broadway in 1946. (and leave the ones who're happy with progress ALONE)

You're going to really enjoy the work.

And you will also enjoy the peace and quiet that can be had in this forum by getting rid of the know-it-all nuisances/teachers(?) by utilizing the ignore feature. (I dismissed two more of them yesterday)

Have a good day.
We can make pool great again by everyone getting along!

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

The "RIGHT" way is subjective -- different players have different ideas of what is right or what works best for them.

For CTE users I bet Stan's book is really going to be something special. For non-CTE users, or for anyone that has tried and failed to implement the system as instructed by 2 DVDs and 100+ YouTube clips over the last decade, the book might be seen as nothing more than a massive collection of the same information that's already been presented over the last 20 years. I'm hoping there is some new enlightening information in the book and upcoming video series that will help others learn how to use CTE, or at least understand it better. If it's just an unveiling of all the same material that we've already seen, I doubt it'll be considered the "greatest contribution" ever to the game of pool. Of course, understandably, CTE users will disagree with that statement.

I wish the book and truth series were available now, because anything that gets people excited about playing pool or learning to play pool is a plus for the entire pool world.