lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
1. Kikel
2. Tucker
3. Sugartree
4. Zylr/Joey
5. Barrenbrugge

I own them all and they are all equally great. The above list is in no particular order.

Last edited:

lsabado

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
best playing cue

For me, I think Mr. Scruggs makes the best stainless steel joint. It has this firm hit, but it doesn't feel dead. Another of my favorite is my Omega DPK. It's the most solid hitting cue I've tried and very consistent.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best I have played using his shafts is a Keith Josey

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. Mike Webb
2. Joel Hercek
3. Jerry Rauenzahn
4. Blue Grass
5. James White

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my five

My five - ones that I have actually owned.

1. Southwest
2. Sly
3. Judd
4. Sugartree
5. Bludworth

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay........Here's My List

All of these cue-makers are based upon ivory joint cue designs..........I already am blessed to own a couple. The cue-makers are ranked in descending order based upon my actual play and assessment of the cues.

#1. Ed Prewitt - .flat faced ivory joint (cue wt.18.5 ozs.)....... Wow.......the play was orgasmic......amazing cue ball control.
#2. Paul Mottey - piloted ivory joint (cue wt. 18.4 ozs.)......he's the best at piloted ivory cue joints.
#3. Joel Hercek - flat faced ivory joint (cue wt. 18.75 ozs.).......amazing feel & effortless to play with.
#4. Tim Scruggs - flat faced ivory joint (cue wt. 18.2 ozs.).....your stroke feels motionless and incredible balance & smooth pendulum.
#5. Ginacue - flat faced ivory joint (cue wt. 18.8 ozs.).....Wow.....a very sensitive cue and you feel every cue ball stroke in your fingers.

Anyway, that's my take on what I've been able to test and play with over the years. I wasn't able to include Richard Black in the top five but he's definitely a cue-maker candidate I'd have to consider more closely, as well as Tad Kohara. I haven't played with a Tad in 6-7 years but the last time I was really impressed. Perhaps after I swap the bolt on my Richard Black cue to lighten the cue weight, it may improve my ranking of his cues since he's already borderline on making my top best feeling/playing cues.

Last edited:

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
there are 3 cues i regret selling
my richard black steel joint 20th anniversery
my cantando maple veneer
Rc3 silver
arhtur most consistant
Thomas wayne new design

Dagwood74

Registered
Let's not get the best looking mixed up with the best playing. First off, it's relative to the person. That said, when you have a combo of the best looking and the best playing together you know it's something special. Personally had both and only one that had both together. It will have to be inherited because i'm not giving it up!

cizco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup: Zen custom cue. Brand new master level entrant to the SBE this year. Great playing cue, even greater personality behind it.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In no certain order:

Que Perfect (Ronnie Powell) :thumbup:
Schon (Evan Clark)
Lambros
Mezz (High end)
Eric Brissette (EB)

Lucas

man i completely forgot to list Ronnie in my suggestions. Ronnie Powell makes a hell of a cue. stiff with lots of feedback and low deflection. super easy to adjust to and i love the amount of spin i can put on the ball with it

owll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
brunswick
dufuren
valley
mueller
any brand off the wall that hits decent

SLIM

best hitting i cue ive ever owned was a brunswick....for comparison, ive owned southwests, black boar, nova, schons, schuler, tad and a few others....maybe i just got lucky with the one i had, but man it hit good (got stolen out of car quite a few years ago)