View Single Post
Fyi
Old
  (#20)
nfty9er
AzB Silver Member
nfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond reputenfty9er has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Fyi - 09-26-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapshot9
But 17 playing tables and 7 days just doesn't seem right to me after watching the IPT events. They ought to have 24-32 tables, and run the event in 4 days, 5 tops.

They have many players that will play matches (only 1 in a day), and not play another match for 30-36 hours later. For example, if Gabe beats larry Nevel, at the 11 am match, he would play again at 3 pm, and if wiinning that one, would not play again till 9 pm on Wednesday night.

Just seems like the tournament could be organized and run better than what I am seeing now. Players having to stand all the cost for 7 days seems excessive for this tournament and especially the format.
They run the same format for the Reno Open and finish in 6 days on 16 tables. I played once a day for 4 days on winners side until sent to losers bracket where it ended quick. Not fun but the way it goes and of course the Sands loves having everyone there for 6 days. Different scenario.

"Straight"Shooter