Color commentator for Mosconi Cup

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yorkshire accent. it can be harder to understand than scottish actually. but i like it, they tend to speak a little slower than southern brits. and darren is great at analyzing patterns. one of the best pattern players ever imo

Fair point, although people from Yorkshire may disagree ;-)

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex Lely and Jeremy Jones are captains. Karl Boyes is a vice captain. They are my 3 favorite commentators. Karl might do some. I think Jeremy may have commented a match last year or the year before, but he didn't do many if he did.

I agree with you on those picks.

What about Big truck Ray Hansen?
I don't think that guy gets the credit he deserves.
He was one of the very first people doing pool
live streams. Every single year he has improved
the content, equipment, commentary, library,
and more.
I don't know how much commentary he is
doing recently and he's not a pro player.
I like his voice and take on the game.
Would like to see him considered.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to see either a black guy or a Efren.

The Chinese have the best players in the world but I think language barrier will be a problem.

Since it’s an international tournament and all.
Just gotta throw the pc crap in huh?? I want the best commentator. I don't give a rat's ass what color he is or where he's from. Efren would be a horrible choice just because his command of english is not good.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a surprise here at azbilliards... all suggested are old white men in a thread titled with the implication of "color".

I can't believe Alex Pagulayan hasn't been recommended, or, yes I can.

Go whitey... go go... go whitey... go go... go whitey... go go

If you're racist and you know it clap your hands, if you're racist and you know it and really want to show it, if you're racist and you know it clap your hands.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just gotta throw the pc crap in huh?? I want the best commentator. I don't give a rat's ass what color he is or where he's from. Efren would be a horrible choice just because his command of english is not good.

Thread title ask for color commentator, as in minority, I don’t mind Efren but if it’s language barrier you’re afraid of then why not the Black commentator.

Ra Hanna is very good.

Pool welcomes everyone. No racism here.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thread title ask for color commentator, as in minority, I don’t mind Efren but if it’s language barrier you’re afraid of then why not the Black commentator.

Ra Hanna is very good.

Do you even know what a color commentator is????? A color commentator is the expert on whatever sport is being shown. As opposed to the play-by-play comment. It DOESN'T mean a person of color. That's not what the OP was asking about. In case you still don't get it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_commentator Ever watch pro football? The retired player in the booth is the COLOR commentator. The network talking-head is the play-by-play guy. Every televised sport uses this method.

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't listen to Jimmy Wyche, if he is commentating I turn the sound off, used to always do that with the Laurences also. If I didn't I had a migraine headache before it was over.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Commentators? I just wish they'd drop using those stupid colored balls...

(edit) That said, kind of surprised nobody has mentioned Rodney Morris, so I will. I think he'd be great, having played in the cup.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I think Jeremy may have commented a match last year or the year before, but he didn't do many if he did.

Yes, Jeremy was one of the commentators on two matches in 2019 (#2 and #13), but none in 2018.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Commentators? I just wish they'd drop using those stupid colored balls...

(edit) That said, kind of surprised nobody has mentioned Rodney Morris, so I will. I think he'd be great, having played in the cup.
I agree on both counts. The balls SUCK and The Rocket would be great in the booth.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't listen to Jimmy Wyche, if he is commentating I turn the sound off, used to always do that with the Laurences also. If I didn't I had a migraine headache before it was over.
Roger that. Wyche, imo, is like pool's version of nails on a chalkboard.

streak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where in the world do these
people come from? Did I understand Cron correctly? If your preference for a Mosconi Cup commentator happens to be white, you're a racist? This kind of bizzare stuff takes the enjoyment out of reading AZ billiard posts. Please stay in your moms basement and spare us your uninformed whining.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Who would I like to hear as a commentator for Mosconi?

Pat Fleming
Steve Davis
John Schmidt
Beau Runningen

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren Appleton isn't Scottish, are you thinking of Jayson Shaw?

I did think Darren but you are right, he’s from Yorkshire. I knew he was from up north. Let’s call it a senior moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
LOL!!! If that’s the case, then I’ll shanelessly raise my hand without feeling out of line.
Ra Hanna is very good.

Love my brother Ra Hanna. We did a memorable International 9-ball match a couple years ago. Sky over Shane. Plenty of color commentators!

Freddie <~~~ colorfully speaking

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a surprise here at azbilliards... all suggested are old white men in a thread titled with the implication of "color".

I can't believe Alex Pagulayan hasn't been recommended, or, yes I can.

Go whitey... go go... go whitey... go go... go whitey... go go

If you're racist and you know it clap your hands, if you're racist and you know it and really want to show it, if you're racist and you know it clap your hands.

I took it to understand as a colourful ie expert commentator, not a person of colour, which may or may not be what the OP has intended this thread for. At least, I haven’t seen any objections from the OP that this thread has headed in the wrong direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: