Latest CTE Information...good news for all

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A chat with Master Instructor Stan Shuffett today reveals this :thumbup2::
Stan says................."CTE naturally aligns CB-OB relations as an overcut to the 'ghostball' center for pocketing goals. No judgement, no adjustment, just pivot to center cue ball and you're in a very slight overcut to center pocket.
Therein lies one of the major problems with conventional aiming...actually it's a double problem. In conventional aiming, CCB is always guesswork to one degree or another and then it's guesswork again for factoring an overcut.
The natural existence of an overcut in CTE is how CTE foundationally deals with collision induced throw. The overcut is one reason Hal Houle declared CTE as a CCB-Center Pocket system."

This is really, really, good information. Can you imagine just how much everyone will be able to learn about modern aiming skills once Stan's Truth Series hits the web?
I'm so happy I've lived long enough to see this revolution in the game of pool. It has been long overdue.
:thumbup::thumbup:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Well, I will let Dan White respond to that because he has the links to the videos.

This almost seems like a post for trolling purposes.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I will let Dan White respond to that because he has the links to the videos.

This almost seems like a post for trolling purposes.

Another non answer from you. Wonder why. Could it be you know nothing about CTE. Why yes, i believe that's it. Guess what that makes you.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Stan says................."Like any aiming system, once you've become proficient with it, it can seem like CTE naturally aligns CB-OB relations as an overcut to the 'ghostball' center for pocketing goals. No judgement, no adjustment, just pivot to center cue ball and you're in a very slight overcut to center pocket."
A minor adjustment...

pj
chgo

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Knowledge is the key...........

Today I revisited Stan Shuffett's YouTube video published on May 8 2014 titled "The Power of CTE PRO ONE Part 1".
I have watched this video many times.
Now after being personally coached by Stan in his studio in Kentucky, I understand the video more clearly.
He is absolutely right....this is an exciting journey that continues to grow and grow.
Those who ridicule and depend on ghost balls, fractions, contact points, and other superstitious mumbo jumbo have no idea what they are really missing. Too bad for them is what I say. "Let 'em eat cake"...:)
The pool community world wide is going to be very excited once his Truth Series hits the web and then followed up with the release of his book.
And, I must revise my estimate at how much his book will weigh, based on what I guessed at when I handled the master copy. Based on a similar size book I have here at home, it will probably weigh 3 pounds (not 5 pounds) and be about 3 inches thick. It will lay flat on the pool table for study purposes.
Exciting things ahead......knowledge is the key.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Says the guy who believes his favorite aiming system is "from another dimension" and "was never supposed to be"...
lol
pj
chgo
^^
Says the guy who chokes his guts out, can't make a ball for the cheese, yet tells everyone else how they should play.
:rotflmao1:

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
^^
Says the guy who chokes his guts out, can't make a ball for the cheese, yet tells everyone else how they should play.
So you not only believe in magical aiming but also that you can read minds over the internet...

pj <- unsurprised
chgo

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wish it was available
Been waiting quite a while
I am ready to buy and study it...:smile:

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Today I revisited Stan Shuffett's YouTube video published on May 8 2014 titled "The Power of CTE PRO ONE Part 1".
I have watched this video many times.
Now after being personally coached by Stan in his studio in Kentucky, I understand the video more clearly.
He is absolutely right....this is an exciting journey that continues to grow and grow.
Those who ridicule and depend on ghost balls, fractions, contact points, and other superstitious mumbo jumbo have no idea what they are really missing. Too bad for them is what I say. "Let 'em eat cake"...:)
The pool community world wide is going to be very excited once his Truth Series hits the web and then followed up with the release of his book.
And, I must revise my estimate at how much his book will weigh, based on what I guessed at when I handled the master copy. Based on a similar size book I have here at home, it will probably weigh 3 pounds (not 5 pounds) and be about 3 inches thick. It will lay flat on the pool table for study purposes.
Exciting things ahead......knowledge is the key.

Right...........and balls have edges.......not.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
A chat with Master Instructor Stan Shuffett today reveals this :thumbup2::
Stan says................."CTE naturally aligns CB-OB relations as an overcut to the 'ghostball' center for pocketing goals. No judgement, no adjustment, just pivot to center cue ball and you're in a very slight overcut to center pocket.
Therein lies one of the major problems with conventional aiming...actually it's a double problem. In conventional aiming, CCB is always guesswork to one degree or another and then it's guesswork again for factoring an overcut.
The natural existence of an overcut in CTE is how CTE foundationally deals with collision induced throw. The overcut is one reason Hal Houle declared CTE as a CCB-Center Pocket system."

This is really, really, good information. Can you imagine just how much everyone will be able to learn about modern aiming skills once Stan's Truth Series hits the web?
I'm so happy I've lived long enough to see this revolution in the game of pool. It has been long overdue.
:thumbup::thumbup:

Im guessing you have his dvds??? If so maybe you an the others should ask yourself why more is needed. Most of you have s common saying..you just dont know how cte works....really?? What it really sounds like is you dont an more help is needed . Will it ever stop?? Pool is fun an at the sametime can be very challenging and im not even talking about the aiming part of it. If you need 2 dvd..books ..videos to pocket a ball, in my opinion your not to serious sbout the game.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im guessing you have his dvds??? If so maybe you an the others should ask yourself why more is needed. Most of you have s common saying..you just dont know how cte works....really?? What it really sounds like is you dont an more help is needed . Will it ever stop?? Pool is fun an at the sametime can be very challenging and im not even talking about the aiming part of it. If you need 2 dvd..books ..videos to pocket a ball, in my opinion your not to serious sbout the game.
CTE is an exciting journey. One can always improve and get better.
Hal Houle was brilliant with his discoveries and Stan Shuffett has been brilliant in putting it all together.
More serious players than you can imagine are utilizing the principles. I myself have been stunned by those who do......as they go about their business quietly without ever saying a word.
(Of course, I'm sure you remember the humorous adage about opinions...you know like some other things "everybody has one").:wink:
On a serious note, I'd suggest you simply ignore everything about CTE and continue on your own way, pocketing balls as you see fit and enjoying the game as you choose.
In spite of the horrible efforts of the democrats, we still have that freedom in our wonderful nation. Be happy, be healthy, and smile a lot.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
CTE is an exciting journey. One can always improve and get better.
Hal Houle was brilliant with his discoveries and Stan Shuffett has been brilliant in putting it all together.
More serious players than you can imagine are utilizing the principles. I myself have been stunned by those who do......as they go about their business quietly without ever saying a word.
(Of course, I'm sure you remember the humorous adage about opinions...you know like some other things "everybody has one").:wink:
On a serious note, I'd suggest you simply ignore everything about CTE and continue on your own way, pocketing balls as you see fit and enjoying the game as you choose.
In spite of the horrible efforts of the democrats, we still have that freedom in our wonderful nation. Be happy, be healthy, and smile a lot.

Are you getting better? You and others seem excited about Stans book and videos coming out but already have the basics of how it works by his first 2 dvds, whats else is needed if you can make the ball now as you all clam. As far as good player go they'll beat you with the blindfold technique. Cte is a journey?? Its sounds like a system that keeps giving. There's know end to what it can do, but that'll cost you. Good luck, sounds like you need it.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you getting better? You and others seem excited about Stans book and videos coming out but already have the basics of how it works by his first 2 dvds, whats else is needed if you can make the ball now as you all clam. As far as good player go they'll beat you with the blindfold technique. Cte is a journey?? Its sounds like a system that keeps giving. There's know end to what it can do, but that'll cost you. Good luck, sounds like you need it.
Miyagi say...."Kindly refer again to post #13"

JackOfNoTrades

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll say this: when Mr. Shuffett releases his new material on CTE, I’ll certainly buy it.

Not only that, but I’ll read it and spend significant time trying it. I don’t mean a couple days, I mean significant time. Hey, I’m essentially new, and I only have to gain, right?

I’m in Tennessee, and if Stan still holds in-person classes on it up in Kentucky, I’d be interested in signing up and taking a little field trip.

Right now I’m still going through Briesath’s DVDs and looking over Poolology, so I’ve plenty on my plate.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I’ll say this: when Mr. Shuffett releases his new material on CTE, I’ll certainly buy it.

Not only that, but I’ll read it and spend significant time trying it. I don’t mean a couple days, I mean significant time. Hey, I’m essentially new, and I only have to gain, right?

I’m in Tennessee, and if Stan still holds in-person classes on it up in Kentucky, I’d be interested in signing up and taking a little field trip.

Right now I’m still going through Briesath’s DVDs and looking over Poolology, so I’ve plenty on my plate.
Have you tried CTE? If not, what makes it sound attractive to you?

pj
chgo

JackOfNoTrades

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you tried CTE? If not, what makes it sound attractive to you?

pj
chgo

Lawd’a’mercy no. Heck I’m still going through Briesath’s beginner DVDs lol.

I’m new but I know I’ll need an aiming system eventually. Soon I’ll be into Poolology and working through that. Then when this new CTE material is out, I figure why not? It’s extremely polarizing from what I’ve read — why not jump in and see if these guys are onto something? I figure “nothing ventured nothing gained.” Gnomesayin?

So, short answer: curiosity.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lawd’a’mercy no. Heck I’m still going through Briesath’s beginner DVDs lol.

I’m new but I know I’ll need an aiming system eventually. Soon I’ll be into Poolology and working through that. Then when this new CTE material is out, I figure why not? It’s extremely polarizing from what I’ve read — why not jump in and see if these guys are onto something? I figure “nothing ventured nothing gained.” Gnomesayin?

So, short answer: curiosity.

Killed the cat.