Jeremy Jones in Action in Paducah!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last night going to our local pool hall, I noticed action going on our front table reserved for action.

Jeremy Jones was playing a local player for nice amount, in full rack banks. (Remember folks, I am in Kentucky and EVERYBODY plays banks). Jeremy and I had met 1999-2000 time frame when I had interviewed him for a magazine. He recognized me and we spoke briefly. (Pool players have AMAZING memories, but that is another story).

Rumor had it Jeremy was going to be back in action today at Noon, with the cast of characters and the monster bank game that goes on here daily.

Jeremy was truely a class act last night, and definately made some fans here.

Wish all my AZ brothers could stop in sometime. :smile:

Ken

PS. Truman Hogue was in last weekend....really neat to see some great banks being played by all...(except me)

Last edited:

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's pretty cool. Paducah is a good distance from Texas. Do you have a nice room there? I live in Lexington. I would like to check out some nice places in the state, most of our places here have closed. We only have one room left in Lex and there is no action.

Maybe I can come check out your area sometime. Maybe you can show me some of those cues you have; I am jealous.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's pretty cool. Paducah is a good distance from Texas. Do you have a nice room there? I live in Lexington. I would like to check out some nice places in the state, most of our places here have closed. We only have one room left in Lex and there is no action.

Maybe I can come check out your area sometime. Maybe you can show me some of those cues you have; I am jealous.

Paducah is a small down but there are tons of places to play. Pool business is good and new/old place is reopenning later this month. These are fair sized rooms, mostly bar tables but the players room, "Sidepockets" has 9 footers, 8 footers and couple bar tables thrown in for good measure.

I play cheap sets or one pocket and never have a problem finding a game. There are APA, Pioneer, TAP, and in house leagues just about everywhere. As I mentioned, banks here is the game of choice, and I try to avoid playing it as ALOT of good players that I can beat 9 ball or one pocket I have no chance of winning playing them banks. Never had an issue getting the money, and people are nice to play win or lose.

I would be glad to show anyone around or take them to my house and let you play with any of my cues.

Ken

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He said he is on his way to Atlanta or there abouts to meet family, or at least I think he said that.

He was certainly a pleasent gambler, solid player. He played several "2 - in the side" and a few "3 in the corners" and hit them dead center of the pocket.

He will need his "A" game to play with these characters here.

Ken

swrooster

A HOTDOG ROAD PLAYER!!
Silver Member
Maybe he could check out the National Quilt Museum while there. Truman put on a 32 player tourney in L'ville couple of weeks ago. Wonder if JJ is stopping in Clarksville or Nashville? (Not that I'm going to engage him, Pickle or Henny might).

S

skip

Do any of you guys know Bryan Roberts of Louisville, he an Truman have be friends for years. Bryan has won Truman bank tourney a few times. I've know Bryan for 25 years an he used to work for Steepleton here . Bryan now owns Rack 66 were he does cue repair an sells tables. If your ever in Lou. stop by he has a great shop, an southern hospitality. Skip

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe he could check out the National Quilt Museum while there. Truman put on a 32 player tourney in L'ville couple of weeks ago. Wonder if JJ is stopping in Clarksville or Nashville? (Not that I'm going to engage him, Pickle or Henny might).

No big names were there other than Landon. I played in that tourney and didn't know any of the people there.

Gary

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do any of you guys know Bryan Roberts of Louisville, he an Truman have be friends for years. Bryan has won Truman bank tourney a few times. I've know Bryan for 25 years an he used to work for Steepleton here . Bryan now owns Rack 66 were he does cue repair an sells tables. If your ever in Lou. stop by he has a great shop, an southern hospitality. Skip

Funny you say that. I consider Bryan Roberts one of MY best friends.

A better person you will not find.

Ken

S

skip

I met Bryan when I used to del. for ups at Steepleton. He is one or the finest person out there. Since I retired I got back playing again. Had Bryan put me in a oversize 8ft table that he recondition. Plays perfect. Glad to know that his great reputation is out there. Thanks for your reply, Skip

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
He said he is on his way to Atlanta or there abouts to meet family, or at least I think he said that.

He was certainly a pleasent gambler, solid player. He played several "2 - in the side" and a few "3 in the corners" and hit them dead center of the pocket.

He will need his "A" game to play with these characters here.

Ken

There are some very serious pool players in the commonwealth.

LWW

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too much for Jeremy Jones

Well it seems that the Paducah boys are too much for Jeremy. I heard that the local who shall go nameless beat Jeremy yesterday for the cash.

Jeremy is a class act and those who didnt know him before, now can call him a friend. Really a nice guy and solid player.

Cant wait to see who makes it in town next.

...NEXT!!...LOL

Ken

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I learned something maybe forty years ago when growing up in Dayton. DON'T play Bank Pool with guys from Kentucky or who even live on the border of Kentucky, like Paducah or Cincy. P.S. Gary Spaeth was from Cincy and he could play a little Banks. So was Donny Anderson.

Eddie Taylor was from Knoxville, but Tennessee is just a southern version of Kentucky when it comes to Bank Pool players. :wink:
And Eddie always claimed the best banker he ever played was Bob Boles from Louisville. The other great bankers were the "brothers" from Chicago. The rivalry between these two camps could be intense, like the high school basketball wars between Kentucky and Indiana.

Man, what I'd give to watch Bugs and Cannonball face Taylor and Boles playing some partners Banks for a day or two. Now that would have been the Bank Pool match of the century! I saw three of these four play and let me tell you no one today is any better. Slow cloth didn't affect these guys, because everything was going in the pocket at warp speed. :bow-down:

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I learned something maybe forty years ago when growing up in Dayton. DON'T play Bank Pool with guys from Kentucky or who even live on the border of Kentucky, like Paducah or Cincy. P.S. Gary Spaeth was from Cincy and he could play a little Banks. So was Donny Anderson.

Eddie Taylor was from Knoxville, but Tennessee is just a more southern version of Kentucky when it comes to Bank Pool players. :wink:

Jay -

If you come to Paducah (and yes Paducah is IN Kentucky), I will let you stay in my house.

Id welcome you to come and play, I know you would have a good time.

Just dont ask me to back you...:rolleyes:

Your friend in pool,

Ken

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay -

If you come to Paducah (and yes Paducah is IN Kentucky), I will let you stay in my house.

Id welcome you to come and play, I know you would have a good time.

Just dont ask me to back you...:rolleyes:

Your friend in pool,

Ken

I'm on my way! Actually some day I'd love to take one more road trip across the U.S. and visit with all the friends I've met on here. That would be a blast.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm on my way! Actually some day I'd love to take one more road trip across the U.S. and visit with all the friends I've met on here. That would be a blast.

Let me know and I will get the beer cold and steaks on the grill......

You need to come and play banks here.

Ken

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bryan Roberts is such a nice guy I questioned that he even played pool until I saw it with my own eyes.

He is a great guy and is the only person in this area I let work on my cues.