Why did Deuel miss the 9 ball?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
This was a really nice tournament in Florida this weekend. Corey played extremely well as did Louis Ulrich and many others.

Why'd Deuel miss the 9 ball in the 10 ball FINALS match with Rodney Morris?

The cueball curved too much.
The cueball deflected too much.
The object ball threw too much.
The object ball threw too little.
He aimed incorrectly.
(NO POLL)

What do you think happened?

JoeyA

poolchic

help me lord
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
This was a really nice tournament in Florida this weekend. Corey played extremely well as did Louis Ulrich and many others.

He aimed incorrectly.
(NO POLL)

JoeyA

He choked....

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
How Does JoeyA. Sign HIS Autographs ?

His mind was on signing some memorabilia, for sure.
Doug
( I think Rodney Morris Should sign "RodMo" )

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We all know why Corey and John missed the ball...

It happens to EVERYONE, we all miss "routine" shots.

At least when I dog a ball, I don't have to listen to everyone in the pool room analzye why I missed it.

Lets let these guys lick their wounds without pouring salt in them.

Ian

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
Corey didnt miss, there was dirt on the felt, actualy it was a buger that was flung by a spectator, when the 9 ball rolled across it, it sent it in a direction other that into the pocket, Purely an accident, the suspected buger flinger had been see picking thier nose the whole match, it was only when the green glob got stuck to this persons finger that it became a problem, whitch was Flung 37 feet 8" whitch a reliable resource said may be a new world record.

SH*T happens..

SPINDOKTOR

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When playing Snooker, there are problems like a "kick". When a kick happends, the objectball move out of the normal line.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
His mind was on signing some memorabilia, for sure.
Doug
( I think Rodney Morris Should sign "RodMo" )

What do you think that particular nine ball would be worth if Corey signed it and dated it with witnesses in the pool room and also present a local accounting firm founder present certifying the signature?

Give me a number, not some silly BS like "Whatever someone would be willing to pay? Give me a range if you can't be specific.

Now, we know you are the man when it comes to autographs and memorabilia so how can a new revenue stream be created FOR COREY, that wouldn't involve SmorgassBored and his forty....OK that's not right. Just kidding about the SmorgassBored and his forth..... What is the best way for profits to be extracted from this unfortunate miss? This will have to be a philanthropic effort on your part.

JoeyA

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I Had Mickey Mantle Cards Clipped To My Bicycle Spokes And Saved All The Yogi's

JoeyA said:
What do you think that particular nine ball would be worth if Corey signed it and dated it with witnesses in the pool room and also present a local accounting firm founder present certifying the signature?

Give me a number, not some silly BS like "Whatever someone would be willing to pay? Give me a range if you can't be specific.

Now, we know you are the man when it comes to autographs and memorabilia so how can a new revenue stream be created FOR COREY, that wouldn't involve SmorgassBored and his forty....OK that's not right. Just kidding about the SmorgassBored and his forth..... What is the best way for profits to be extracted from this unfortunate miss? This will have to be a philanthropic effort on your part.

JoeyA

Well Joey, because he missed the 9 ball, it would be worth $22 signed & certified.
But, had it been the 10 ball and the tournament winning shot, it would have been worth $38.
Doug
( I will not be doing further values and appraisals for Free......... make an appointment and pay de man ) :)

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
poolchic said:
He choked....

i definitely dont think he choked
imho he was indecisive on rolling it in or drawing it back ......i think thats prolly rule # 1 in pool to be decisive ......everytime someone misses it isnt necessarily cuz they choked

sizl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jamesroberts said:
imho he was indecisive on rolling it in or drawing it back ......i think thats prolly rule # 1 in pool to be decisive ......everytime someone misses it isnt necessarily cuz they choked

If you do not think that making a bad decision is "dogging it" , then you are mistaken. Physical or mental mistakes would be classified as "dogging it".
Here is a scenario for you........
You are in a high stakes game and you are facing a crucial shot. The pressure is high and it is a situation where your muscles lock up and you cant pull off the shot due to lack of muscle memory. What would you call that? "Dogging it"?;)

Now in that same high-stress/pressure packed situation where you pull off the physical side of the shot, but you make a bad decision for shape and come up short, hit a ball, etc. You have made a bad decision in a high pressure situation, in my opinion that would still be classified as "dogging it"

Just one mans opinion imo:p

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
sizl said:
If you do not think that making a bad decision is "dogging it" , then you are mistaken. Physical or mental mistakes would be classified as "dogging it".
Here is a scenario for you........
You are in a high stakes game and you are facing a crucial shot. The pressure is high and it is a situation where your muscles lock up and you cant pull off the shot due to lack of muscle memory. What would you call that? "Dogging it"?;)

Now in that same high-stress/pressure packed situation where you pull off the physical side of the shot, but you make a bad decision for shape and come up short, hit a ball, etc. You have made a bad decision in a high pressure situation, in my opinion that would still be classified as "dogging it"

Just one mans opinion imo:p

i just dont think every time someone misses a ball or makes a bad decision in retrospect its doggin it

poolchic

help me lord
Silver Member
jamesroberts said:

Shooting a shot without deciding what to do b4 hand imo is choking...

poolfire

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
damn he just missed it

JoeyA said:

He aimed incorrectly.
(NO POLL)

JoeyA

people are acting like these guys dont miss balls. lol i think we should ask "why did corey/harriman/schmidt/efren/joe blow... use their left hand instead of their right hand to chalk with?" jesus

hippiepool

Banned
I would never bet money on a player unless I knew them really well .....
.....I'm just saying ....................

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Johnny would have been managing Corey, that miss would have never happened. That felt would have been spotless. Why oh why don't players pick the lint off of the table is beyond me. Good enough for Johnny, good enough for me.