2109 U.S. Open FULL!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
2019 U.S. Open FULL!

The full field of 256 players has been reached, three months early! This is totally unheard of in the Pool world. I've never seen anything like this before. Full credit to Matchroom for being who they are in Pool! Testimony to how highly they are regarded and how desirable it is to be able to compete in one of their events. :thumbup2:

P.S. Just to clarify. They now have 221 paid entries and the remaining 35 spots will be awarded via global qualifiers held prior to the main event. Some very good players are going to have to try to get in this way. This will be like Turning Stone where players pay their entries six months out to hold their spot in the tournament.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I'm being dead serious when I say that this is a great day for pool.

American pool has had a really good few months in that:

1) Pat Fleming has created a new and wonderful event in Virginia that is WPA sanctioned.

2) Matchroom has taken over the WPA sanctioned US Open and has, arguably, already done the impossible by filling a field of 256 at an entry fee of $1,000, raising the event to an even higher level than in the past.

3) CSI and Predator have teamed up to produce a WPA sanctioned World 10-ball event in July at the Rio in Vegas.

4) The US won its first Mosconi Cup this decade at a moment where the event's shelf life was starting to come into question due to years of American futility.

Let the good times roll for American pool.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm being dead serious when I say that this is a great day for pool.

American pool has had a really good few months in that:

1) Pat Fleming has created a new and wonderful event in Virginia that is WPA sanctioned.

2) Matchroom has taken over the WPA sanctioned US Open and has, arguably, already done the impossible by filling a field of 256 at an entry fee of $1,000, raising the event to an even higher level than in the past.

3) CSI and Predator have teamed up to produce a WPA sanctioned World 10-ball event in July at the Rio in Vegas.

4) The US won its first Mosconi Cup at a moment where the event's shelf life was starting to come into question due to years of American futility.

Let the good times roll for American pool.
Just gotta figure out how to get the under-25's to take notice and pick up a cue. Could be a tough slog. Viva Las Vegas!!!!!

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
I guess this means that Chris Swart at California Billiards holds the last qualifying spot which will be awarded on the weekend prior to the event +$750 towards expenses.

Attachments

• US-OPEN-QUALIFIER-draft.jpg
    US-OPEN-QUALIFIER-draft.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 644

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a new pool world, and you better be ready to preregister!

I went to play an event today. Place opened at 10 and play start at 11.

I got there at 1015 and got told it was too late.

Dammit! Especially when I woke up at 630...double dammit.:mad::shrug:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's the start of the press release....

US OPEN 9-BALL FIELD FULL AT 256 ENTRIES

The 256-player field for the 43rd US Open 9-Ball Championship is now full.

With 221 player entries confirmed, and 35 spots reserved for global qualifying events still to take place, Matchroom Multi Sport is now operating a waiting list system. Players who have not yet entered the 2019 US Open 9-Ball Championship should join the waiting list at www.matchroompool.com/usopen9ball. If a place in the event becomes available, the player at the top of the waiting list will be contacted and offered that space.

Players can still enter one of the many qualifying events taking place around the world which offers entry to the US Open 9-Ball Championship, which is set for Mandalay Bay Resort Las Vegas this April 21-26. A full list of qualifying events can be found at www.matchroompool.com/usopen9ball.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This post was never posted and only delusional people saw it.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

With 221 player entries confirmed, and 35 spots reserved for global qualifying events still to take place, Matchroom Multi Sport is now operating a waiting list system. Players who have not yet entered the 2019 US Open 9-Ball Championship should join the waiting list at www.matchroompool.com/usopen9ball. If a place in the event becomes available, the player at the top of the waiting list will be contacted and offered that space.

Players can still enter one of the many qualifying events taking place around the world which offers entry to the US Open 9-Ball Championship, which is set for Mandalay Bay Resort Las Vegas this April 21-26. A full list of qualifying events can be found at www.matchroompool.com/usopen9ball.

Doesn't surprise me one bit it's in Vegas it's matchroom and it's the first time there , heck I even considered throwing some dead money in the pool ,, I'm more than sure the spectators wiill be several times more than ever before not just because of the pool but all the other things Vegas has to offer

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Bob, you stutter and I'm delusional. :D

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is impressive they filled it out at 1K a pop. Equally impressive they got that many places already set to hold a qualifier. Congrats.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
It really is amazing. Testament to Matchroom's reputation. As SJM said there are a lot of other good things going on as well. Great time to be a pool fan.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk